PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching and Game Plan=Men Against Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone who mentions Brad Childress and Bill Belichek in the same sentence,should be shot.

Childress is another West-Coast guy,
like Reid and Holmgren,with their chart
of 2,000 plays in front of them,totally
befuddled by what the Patriots are trying to do.

I thought that most of the time,Brad
Johnson had no idea what defense the Pats were in.At times it looked like the Pats were playing with 9 linebackers.

Those guys on ESPN,who thought that
Minn.should have stayed with the run,
are dreaming....Wilfork and Seymour were DOMINANT inside.Banta-Cain treated MacKennie,like a turnstyle.

Reche Caldwell was open so much,he
could have had 15 catches.

Does anyone think that Chad Jackson is starting to look like a bigger version of Lawrence Maroney.

Only downside:Watson has too many drops,especially on low passes,below the waist.

Also,IMO, I think Corey Dillon was pissed tonite about his lack of touches.
That's why he derisively chucked that ball after his reception.
I think he's going to be a problem,
especially with Maroney's success,as the season goes on.

Lastly,as I said:

MEN AGAINST BOYS,tonight

Jackson is a bigger Maroney?

I'm not worried about Cory, his weekend is coming Sunday (Indy), and Sunday next (NYJ).

We face that solid run defense Indy diplayed against Denver, and Corey's pissed. Oh, that's just awful.:rofl:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Jackson is a bigger Maroney?

I'm not worried about Cory, his weekend is coming Sunday (Indy), and Sunday next (NYJ).

What I mean is that Jackson style is like Maroney's.....great balance moving
forward,uses his hands well as a stiff arm.Explosive,first burst.

I'll qualify it as a "taller" version of Maroney.
OK?

Also,my point was I thought Dillon was pissed about his touches tonite,just IMO

italia44 said:
What I mean is that Jackson style is like Maroney's.....great balance moving
forward,uses his hands well as a stiff arm.Explosive,first burst.

I'll qualify it as a "taller" version of Maroney.
OK?

Also,my point was I thought Dillon was pissed about his touches tonite,just IMO
He certainly demonstrated some body control tonight, he seems to have the potential the folks who have been raising expectations were looking for.

Cory looks grumpy more often than not, he'll feel better after bashing a few Colts' LBs

italia44 said:
Also,IMO, I think Corey Dillon was pissed tonite about his lack of touches.
That's why he derisively chucked that ball after his reception.
I think he's going to be a problem,
especially with Maroney's success,as the season goes on.
I thought he was miffed because he thought he took a late hit after he was going down. Watson I believe had the same spike and same face shortly before Dillon's. I think that either they were just plain pumped up and pi$$ed off at the world or perhaps the Vikes were cheap shotting because they were losing so badly?

Glad to see Corey mad, for whatever reason, now we are heading towards mid season he has fresh legs and is injury free. This is very good against Indy and the NYJ's.

This idea that Dillon was upset about his touches seems so outragious to me.

1. Dillon has been a model player the entire time he has been a Patriot. He has never complained about anything. The only thing that comes close to complaining is when he jumped on some of the reporters in training camp for what they were writing about him. Lets not assume he is all of the sudden a bad apple.

2. I am sure everyone on the offense knew what the game plan was last night. Does anyone really think BB showed up right before the game and decided to throw the ball instead of run? They practice all week on what would be effective against the Vikings. His team know that they would spread the field and throw.

3. The team was winning soundly. No one complains when they are winning.

4. After Dillon threw the ball I believe he focused his attention on the Refs. I did not see a reply but it seemed he was looking for something from them (late hit)

5. Dillon did not sulk on the sidelines or throw a fit there.

Lay off the conspiracy theories people

italia44 said:
Anyone who mentions Brad Childress and Bill Belichek in the same sentence,should be shot...
MEN AGAINST BOYS,tonight

Steve Young mentioned in the post-game that Minnesota played a coverage that featured a single safety in the middle of the field - a defense that he hasn't seen played in years for the obvious reason that it is easy for QBs to read and pick a part.

Please don't try to make something out of nothing with Dillon. I think it had to do with the Vikings tackle.

Jeez!!!!!!!!!!

They showed Dillon on the sidelines late in the game yucking it up with Maroney. I doubt he was pissed at anything but a bad non-call.

I certainly doubt Corey is upset about not getting enough touches, especialy not when the team is winning with such ease. I figure he got some sort of hit from a viking that got him POed.

Was it just me or did Brady start yelling at some fans in the End Zone after on of the TD grabs? I could have sworn I saw him nearly flip them off.

14thDragon said:
I certainly doubt Corey is upset about not getting enough touches, especialy not when the team is winning with such ease. I figure he got some sort of hit from a viking that got him POed.

Was it just me or did Brady start yelling at some fans in the End Zone after on of the TD grabs? I could have sworn I saw him nearly flip them off.

Some idiot threw a bottle at Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back