PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Daily Express | Other Sport :: Kicking career is worth a punt
KICKING CAREER IS WORTH A PUNT

Our man Elliott wants to be just like the real American Footballers

Saturday July 18,2009
By Andrew Elliott

IT WAS always a childhood dream of mine to play for the Washington Redskins in the NFL one day, although I must admit that, at the time, it did come a distant second to going on a date with Kelly LeBrock after I saw the films Weird Science and Lady in Red. Unsurprisingly, neither has yet come to fruition.

Now, at the age of 30, time is no longer on my side to play professional American football – and neither is athletic ability. But the main problem – if I am to realise my dream – is what position to go for? I am too slow for wide receiver; too tall for running back; too small to play on defense; have too weak a throwing arm for quarterback, and I would have to eat too many pies if I wanted to be in the offensive line.

So that pretty much leaves me with kicker...Now all I had to do was to get spotted and to that end I enlisted the help of New England Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski, who will be back over here on October 25 when his team play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Wembley in a regular-season fixture.

Wait . . . "back over here?" :confused:
Gost and the Mrs. took a week or so in England to check out the kicking conditions, thorough preparation that.
attention9ha.gif

Gost and the Mrs. took a week or so in England to check out the kicking conditions, thorough preparation that.
attention9ha.gif

They were on holiday in France.

Extended the holiday by 2 days to do some promotion and tourist stuff in London .

They were on holiday in France.

Extended the holiday by 2 days to do some promotion and tourist stuff in London .
H'mmm, the article I read made no mention of France that I recall, but I wear a name tag to bed to help kickstart me in the morning too! :confused2:

H'mmm, the article I read made no mention of France that I recall, but I wear a name tag to bed to help kickstart me in the morning too! :confused2:

I imagine that must make for some awkward conversations with the ladies. . . .

I found out from the realpatriots Twitter.

As I was trying to find out where the Ghost was to give him some Patriots love. Show him that some people in the UK know what's going on in the NFL. But they said he was doing the tourist stuff and a couple of interviews.

I imagine that must make for some awkward conversations with the ladies. . . .
You're supposed to talk? :eek: So this is why they introduced sex education in school! Who knew? :confused2:

I found out from the realpatriots Twitter.

As I was trying to find out where the Ghost was to give him some Patriots love. Show him that some people in the UK know what's going on in the NFL. But they said he was doing the tourist stuff and a couple of interviews.
That explains it, irritating people on message boards is the highest level of my technical proficiency. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes