PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coach Belichick, Put the "D" Back in "Patriots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a lousy speller!

Anyway, hey Fellow Pats fans, I've been at my brother's for Wild Card weekend so this is my first chance back to comment on this kick in the nutsack of a loss we suffered today. (Though still not as bad as the game that shall not be named)

What I want, more than anything else in this coming offseason is to rebuild the Defense, which was the heart and soul of our Superbowl runs. We had more collapses this year than in any year in recent memory and it's got to stop. I know it was a total team "effort" today in the loss, but I prey to God BB does some soul searching and decides to go back to his roots. Offense is flashy and it's good for TV ratings but it's D that puts rings on fingers. Go out, find a good DC candidate, I'd love to see RAC back but I don't think that's going to happen, so go out and get a good DC that can work with BB and lets get this back to where we all know it should be.

Thoughts? (And yeah, I know this is a crappy post, but I'm in a crappy football mood so apologies)

This better be a busy off season or I will not be a happy fellow. Need for improvement in so many areas.

I agree the BB needs to do what he does best and build that nasty intimidating D we once had. Both Wilfork and Bodden need to be retained first and foremost. Go from there and bring in a game changer or two, someone who the offense needs to be aware of before every snap of the ball.

DE and OLB may be our priorities in the draft, desperately need someone to rush the QB. Though WR is important too. Good news is we have 4 first day picks.

It's no secret that defense wins championships. Have a look at the teams left in the playoffs.

He needs to bring in a strong personnel head to replace Pioli first so he can focus on what he does best - coaching. You would think after 2007 that this team would have figured out that the games are won and lost in the trenches and would have invested more along these lines. Look at the teams that won in the last few years and it wasn't based on QB play alone but rather good run blocking and great pass rushing. Please invest in some beasts!

Look at all the defensive players we've been drafting. He's been trying to do it for a few years now, we just have to see if these guys can get it done. He's drafted two safeties high, three CB, Mayo, 3 DL last year.

I am hoping that BB takes an honest look at his own performance over the past 2 years both as coach and player personnel head.
I am hoping he makes some major changes including

1. Be more flexible and better at making ahlf time adjustments
2. Not be threatened by bringing on board an experienced OC and DC
3. Turn the personnel decisions at least in part over to someone with experience.

Ideas? Sure!

Sign free agent Dansby.
Sign Wilfork to long-term contract.
Sign Bodden to a long-term contract.
Trade up for McLain.
Draft a DE.

DE and OLB may be our priorities in the draft, desperately need someone to rush the QB. Though WR is important too. Good news is we have 4 first day picks.

and now the BAD News for us is
1. Expect FO/BB to trade these 4 Day 1 picks will be traded down for more backup TE, OL, DL or future 2015 3rd RD pick
2. The batting average of this FO the last 5 yrs in the deaft has been pathetic.
3. Quantity over Quality philosophy has gone bust......trading up for Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings, ouch

The time came and went for this team. Today's NFL is built on pressure D, and this "bend but not break" philosophy is oudated. No pressure on QB and we make opposing QB's like Chad Henne look like future HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back