Welcome to PatsFans.com

Coach, 40, Weds 16-Year-Old Student

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Well, at least he married her, if the girls father broke the coach's legs and took all his teeth out would he be violating the coach's civil liberties?

Personally I think the girls father should get his a$s kicked also, that would never have happened in my house.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Why DID they sighn the consent forms? They didn't have to.I wouldn't have . I doubt the kid could have gotten married with out their consent anywhere in the U.S legaly.
  4. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

idiots all around. typical modern parents "what could we do?" "what could we do?"
    a 38 year old attracted to a 14 year old? Hes not even Michael Jackson.
  5. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +519 / 6 / -2

We need to decide if we are going to protect children from predators, or if we are going to sanction this type of behavior. Personally, I find this extremely troubling.

Special Attention From Coach
    During Windy's freshman year, her 38-year-old track coach, Brenton Wuchae, began taking a more active interest in her, offering to give the 14-year-old rides home from practice.

"He just seemed like a genuine guy, like he was there for the kids," said Windy's father, Dennis Hager.

But the Hagers eventually grew uneasy. Their phone bills showed text messages between Wuchae and Windy as late as 2 a.m.

They also discovered worrying e-mails. In one, Windy wrote to a friend, "I don't care to look at anyone other than him. He is the apple of my eye, I've never felt this way for someone, but I just don't want to lose him because of my parents' power trips."
  7. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

careful RW, you wouldnt want to offend people by hinting that there is a moral problem in society. You'll get accused of sounding like a "Jesus freak" or something.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +519 / 6 / -2

A moral problem in society? Nah...

:help:
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

There are two key words in the article that explains a lot of what happened: NORTH CAROLINA.
    Maybe the parents didn't think this was that unusual. They say she "threw her life away", but they were probably referring to the fact that she married someone other than her cousin.
  10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd freakin KILL that dude. I'll worry about my daughter not talking to me later.
  11. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

if only she been taught more aggressively to be attracted to other girls this wouldnt have happened. Thank goodness her parents werent the religious, controlling types who would have suppressed her individuality by telling her no. Besides, if she gets pregnant she can always get an abortion, no problem, then get divorced when she changes her mind, and THEN experiment with women!!

As far as the teacher, I do feel bad he wasted himself on a girl when there was such a need to be an example of a how a homosexual marriage between an adult and a student could be a loving and rewarding experience.

But alas, we mustnt judge, we must support and honor their journey, otherwise their feelings might be hurt.

* i think i broke my sarcasm record originally set in 1997 at a family gathering in New Hampshire.
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Maybe the parents sighned off on the consent form to increase the family gene pool. To let this happen hints at a little interbreading. :D
  13. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

14. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

While I find it disgusting, I don't understand why any American would be upset since this society promotes relationships between old men and much younger women. See Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas. This wouldn't even have been a story had the man waited four years.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...but he didn't and it is.
    You need to put the crack pipe down, child.
    I can't wait until you have a daughter when you grow up!
    Oh, wait. You aren't going to have any, are you?
  16. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

DUH!!! this is a close second for being the dumbest post tonight.

He DIDNT wait 4 years now, did he???????

What could be the difference between Catherine Zeta Jones and this girl?
    Gee, I dont know, maybe because one was 30 and the other was 14?

maybe you can go find yourself a nice quite town where middle aged men marry children and there are more abortions. That would be terrific.
  17. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why can't you wait for me to have a daughter? Why do I need to "put the crack pipe down"? Do you even read before you post a reply? You should really try doing so - your deficiencies wouldn't be as obvious then.

Exactly what is your point? Besides demonstrating that you need to take a remedial English class? :confused:
  18. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the point? that if you cant tell the difference between Catherine Zeta Jones and a 14 year old then you are an idiot.
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But he didn't wait 4 years... this gets back to the whole discussion from last week about statutory rape and how there is no practical difference between a girl at 17 years, 364 days and the same girl 18 years old... but the law can't just say "An adult may not have sex with a 17 year old... well, unless she's a really mature 17 year old.... or if she's really hot..." The law has to be as black and white as possible. The law has to say "It's illegal at 17 yrs, 364 days but perfectly OK at 18 yrs".
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +519 / 6 / -2

Well, the relationship is incredibley bothersome to me. That parents, or a man 40 years old, would follow through on something like this is even more disturbing. Were he a she, or she a he, is irrelevent to me. The girl was 14 years old when this predator began manipulating her. This is what I mean by protecting children. Does anyone in here beleive that this man was acting properly by setting her up at 14? My guess is that he was already involved with her at 14 or 15. This guy is a predator. Children need to be protected. This is why telling HS kids to do drugs, experiment in sexual relationships, or do whatever they wanna do cuz they're going to do it anyways is so upsetting.