PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CNNSI's Don Banks Patriots Postcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbaptiste said:
Check out Don Banks' impressions of the 1st day at Patriots training camp:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/07/28/postcard.patriots/index.html

I, for one, didn't know he lived in Brookline.

Best note from his article:

"But in reality, a little perspective is in order. Only five Patriots -- those three plus guard Joe Andruzzi and linebacker Roman Phifer -- who started in New England's Super Bowl XXXIX win over Philadelphia in February 2005 are no longer with the team. That's not exactly a mass exodus, folks."

Add in this years draft gems and....YUP!!! See y'all on South Beach in Feb.

Someone who lives in Brookline should know better than to call Gillette - "The Razor Blade".

R

bbaptiste said:
I, for one, didn't know he lived in Brookline.

Nor did I - I said something a few weeks ago about him being a national writer not knowing what he was talking about when it came to the Patriots.

I'd have to think if he lives around here he's a lot more knowledgable about the Pats than I gave him credit for.

Sorry Donny

Regarding BB's rant about how "easy" camp is today, I think they are smarter about how they train the players these days, and unlike BB's early coaching days, there's less "beer and smoking" in the locker room as referenced by another coach recently.

Used to be a lot of the guys just weren't serious about their health and conditioning and needed a bootcamp to get "gameready" but were probably never on top of their came.

Just think of it as an NFL full of Johnathan Sullivans - so camp was necessarilly longer and more "cruel" to whip the guys into shape

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back