Welcome to PatsFans.com

CNN sucks

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFan24, Jan 19, 2012.

1. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Pathetic job tonight. They go out of their way to ignore Ron Paul. First, they let the other 3 go around and around insulting each other, then they don't even want to ask him about abortion. Then after the debate they have a 50 minute program where he does not get a single mention until the last few minutes, and then they redirect the talk to someone else. If you agree with Ron Paul or not, if you like him or not, that is not relevant here. What is relevant is the disgusting and shameful bias by CNN and other mainstream media. Oh, while this was going on Ron Paul won the online poll...actually two..who won the debate and who do you want to win the nomination..and they spent more time talking about Rick Perry. It's a ******* joke. More proof that the news is entertainment and agenda driven and not news driven. CNN should be totally ashamed by how they operate. What a disgusting display.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Do not understand why they keep on having debates.. over and over again.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

The number of debates is irrelevent to the topic....Why would anyone post that?

Yes, CNN's coverage is/was awful...did you expect more from that partisan network?

4. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

FYI,

All of the major news networks ignore him...FOX,MSNBC,CNN,NBC,ABC,CBS.

There is a reason for this, it doesn't fit in well with what they want! This is not about you or me or the rest of us, this is about what they want....As long as the sheep stay sheep, this will continue.....Its pretty sad state of affairs when only one guy talks the truth and no one listens...Its scary to think an honest man can't run for Prez, that if someone tells the truth they get kicked to the curb....So we instead elect liars that tell us that life is sunshine and rainbows and that everything will be ok, if we just elect them.....

I have hope that someday, a man/women will stand up and tell the truth and win! Instead of having to lie to be elected! That we will elect someone based on what he/she says rather then what he/she promises. That instead of being made fun of or being kicked to the curb he/she will get votes for telling the truth, going against the Status Qu and being realistic rather then blowing smoke. We are in this mess because we elect the same people over and over and over, we all as the voter need to look in the mirror and see the problem is not them......its us!!!

I like Paul, because he's the only one that gets it when it comes to the wars, he's the only one that gets it when it comes to spending.....Other stuff I don't agree with him on but the other stuff won't matter if we go broke, if our country goes down the ****ter....

Real change is hard, real change is about sacrifice and real change is going against powerful people and big big money, you won't find many people willing to do these things, so when you do see this you have to support them! Or all will be lost!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

This is undeniable proof that our media is corporate driven and do not adhere to reporting upon the ethical standards journalists are supposed to uphold.

That's an absolute!

6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 15 / -9

One of the late-night comics said the Republican debates have now surpassed "The Simpsons" for most episodes in television history...

On Ron Paul - yeah they treat him as irrelevant, but he kind of is. We have the co-winners of Shrodinger's Caucus in Iowa + the winner of New Hampshire, then we have Gingrich, who is the current "surging" candidate. Paul got attention when he was surging, now he's settled back to a place of irrelevancy. When you come right down to it, SC isn't going to vote for Paul. Probably nobody is, across any given state.

So maybe they're overdoing it, but where's the "news" in Paul land? Why should anybody care?

W/the format of the debate, if anybody insulted Paul, he'd get more time. Nobody bothered. Nobody has to insult Paul, because he doesn't matter.

The other guys do.

7. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

PFnVA, I agree with the premise of your post above. Not that I think Paul is a good or great candidate. He is "outside" of our normal R/D, Coke/Pepsi selections. And while I dont agree with every stance he has, there are some which I do, and I honestly believe that some of the things he rails about; for example End the Fed, he would certainly try to accomplish if he were ever elected.

That being said, as an Independent (and hell an American in general) the bolded part of your post is one of the saddest "state of affairs" comments I have heard in some time (re: the Pub candidates).

How can Rick Santorum and My Pet Newt "matter" in any sense whatsoever and Ron Paul can't? I'm not saying your statement is wrong, it is absolutely right. But this is why the "Republicans" that we know today will never be taken seriously. They keep trotting out people who are crazier than sh*thouse rats and expect that those people somehow represent anything more the "conservative right"

**I am not a fan of Romney, but I could honestly "deal" with him as Pres because I dont think, given his finger in the wind ways, that he would lead from some 1850s, assbackward, deep in the back right hand corner way, and while he may not be left enough for some, he would certainly be somewhere near-er the middle*.

**this assume's he wins the nom and faces and beats Obama, which is obviously no sure thing.

*And while some people will say the Obama has been leading from the middle and whether I agree with that or not, there is clearly a good portion of the population (beyond just the loony Right) that feels that he hasn't.

8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 15 / -9

Drewski, the "folks saying he hasn't governed from the center" include a disillusioned base that says he didn't live up to the bar of "center" and was actually right of center. They cite the bush policy continuations in foreign policy... you know me, I think in terms of the alternatives. I don't think anybody was going to withdraw from all wars and actually get elected. His move was not to say "no war" it was "fight the guys we actually don't like," and he did actually get Bin Laden.

Okay that was a side track. You know the deal... the right will think someone in the center is too far left, the left will think he's too far right.

THing is, there's no "center." There are a bunch of binary issues, surrounded by other non-binary issues that live over in "devil's in the details"/wonk land. So out of 20 issues, maybe I like the "left side" of 13, and the "right side" of 7. Then when someone else slices and dices them the opposite direction, I do a facepalm and say "No, I didn't order this. Send it back to the kitchen."

We can't even agree on fixing it. Half the time we're saying people should be more like the "center," then the other half of the time we're saying the candidates have to be more extremist, for lack of a better word.

Speaking of which - Paul would look batsh1t crazy to you if we were focusing on him. He's just crazy in "new" ways (that require us to go back 100 years and more for a solution.)

Ending the Fed sounds great until you realize that the Fed was instituted to stabilize our banking system, which was a fractional reserve system since before there was an America. You want to fight modern capitalism, say so, and offer an alternative.

You institute a gold standard tomorrow, what's the 20 in my wallet worth? What's my house worth? Who says so? What are the intermediate steps? What are the consequences beyond this very personal way of looking at it?

"Sound money"/"End the fed" would be like a run into the middle of the line with Laurence Maroney at tailback. It would hit the first gigantic economic dislocation and be equivocated into a tiny office in the bowels of the Dept. of Treasury, where a career report writer would start writing studies and reports to make sure we're "ready" to do it "realistically." He'd work on this until retirement age and pass it on to another report writer in the Office of Sound Money Theory and Reports.

You can't get back up the trail that went from A to B several hundred years ago without very quickly interacting with reality in a thoroughly dislocating way.

Okay that's my morning dump. I need to lay off the raisin bran.

PFnV

9. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I see the InVa's are still clueless on what it means to roll back Government... Rolling back government doesn't mean we go back to 1800, it means we go with more personal responsbility, which is a good thing, and yes, people would then have to work and contribute. Asking people to work for their lifestyle... Man, Ron Paol is evil...

...Nothing really changes does it...

I think Ron Did Amazing in the Debate, his comment about the Corporation Controlled Media was great. He's polling at 19% before Perry dropped out, and no matter how you want to say he's irrelevant, 20% consistently in every state so far, whether its Iowa, SC, or NH, is consistent, and matters.

Not getting dragged into another worthless debate about it, because no one on this forum comprehends anything even after it's explained about Paul positions, they are too indebted to their predetermines ideologies to change ( I was a Dem 6 years ago )

Now, staying par for the course, someone bring up his newsletters...

10. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You are simply un-educated on the matter.

What about our economy has been stable since we have implemented the 3rd Federal Reserve? Was the Fed supposed to Stop the Bubbles? Sure looks like they are the ones creating them.

I am so happy that so many Americans are waking up to the Scam that is the Federal Reserve... IT's not even Government run... ITS PRIVATELY HELD!

11. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +426 / 8 / -4

:)

What aspects of last night's debate were partisan or otherwise unethical?

I only watched the beginning, as these things are just too painful and generally too useless for me to watch. Seems to me that a truly partisan, or otherwise unobjective, mediator would have pointed out to Gingrich exactly why these so-called "attacks" might matter, in light of his stance on gay marriage and, if has made any such claims, any stands on his so-called family values or character. Mediator also might have pointed out that his daughters, who Newt tried to use as some shield from the allegations, weren't daughters by this wife (in fairness, he may have trouble keeping track of who's who ;) ) Instead, the mediator mostly let it go and let Newt score his points by playing the fiery victim and attacking the oh-so-evil media.

12. Drewski

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I guess I always took Paul’s “End the Fed” rants to be in reference to the Federal Reserve (and maybe that is what you are saying) – the all high and mighty Private Central Bank which charges the US Treasury interest on our money…. The Federal Reserve was created in what 1910, 1913? Meaning we had 125 years without it. Im not saying that those years were perfect, but haven’t the largest economic “recessions” almost exclusively occurred during the existence of this Private Bank? Wasn’t the main reason it was created (or at least one of the reasons ) was to protect banks from being run on during downturns and to institute sound monetary policy?

Im not saying the Gold Standard is the solution, I wont even offer one as this is above my pay grade, but seems to me the idea of a Private Bank running the show; Monetary/Fiscal Policy wise, may have seemed like a good idea in the America of 1910s’ but there is a self life on everyone, the Fed Reserve is no different.

That being said, my comment was more about me personally finding Ron Paul less crazy than Santorum or My Pet Newt. That isn’t to say Paul doesn’t have crazy ideas too, but I guess I just don’t see ending the Fed and keeping the governments nose out of private lives and other countries issues less crazy than not liking gay people, or equating blacks and welfare… or just being a shi**y human being like Newt…

I agree that “center” is a subjective term. Whats center to me, may not be to you, or to chico, or Mrs.PFnVA or RW, but I feel that there could be a coconscious center, which would be where I want my President to be and where I want my country run from, as I find that the most inclusive form of government. No party lines, just an issue dealt with on its own.

I would go out and say that the last President we had that even came close to the type of president I am talking about is Clinton (not saying he was the best, just that he seemed willing to work on an issue by issue, whats best for everyone mentality; maybe by choice, maybe by circumstance). Obama didn’t have to for a couple of years while Ds ran the show. But when they lost, the Rs coming in felt in no way compelled to work with him, so here we sit.

13. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well Said Drewski.

Our Money needs to be backed by something, it doesn't have to be gold, it could be a combination of commodities, but it needs to have something to base it off so the Banksters can't invent new money on a whim.

14. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +426 / 8 / -4

OT: well, you brought them up...

You didn't answer last time I asked -- did he ever give a real explanation? I think I heard that he claimed to have had no knowledge of them.

Since you're a staunch Paul supporter, do you believe him if he says he didn't know about it? Does that seem realistic to you?

15. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

There is no answer that has been given, or will be, to satisfy you, so... Moving on...

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Rick Santorum has ZERO chance and he still gets talked up. Paul won't get talked up because he's the only one who's message is completely different than the status quo. The establishment media wants one of two things. A candidate who won't tinker too much with the status quo (i.e. a moderate type they could live with as president - Romney), or a best chance for Obama to be reelected candidate like Newt or Santorum. They don't want Paul to speak, or get publicity, because his ideology is a pure one, and surprising to them, it has resonated with a larger number of people this year, than they ever thought possible. I watched maybe 10-15 minutes last night (Bruins were on people), but I saw the part where they talked abortion to the chosen 3, and then went to some twitter question, only to have the crowd boo so Paul could answer. I mean really? I loved his point too, something like "don't you think you should ask me, since I'm actually a doctor" or what have you. CNN, ABC, FOX, etc. all suck.

17. Drewski

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Here Here RW!! Didnt watch a single second of the debate, but I could guess what the 3 (or 4) said.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I just fell off my chair, now I'm back up, I find it unbelieveble how the Left Wing Democrat Obama Media are whailing and bleating about The Newt Sex Sh!t after all this country went through with JFK, Bobby, Old Joe The Father Kennedy and of course The Waddling Old Drunken Sot Uncle Teddy and then came along Billy Blue Dress Clinton with his box of Cigars looking cute biting his lip for all the sappy female morons who didn't give one sh!t about the way he accosted and abused women while he made complete fools out of his wife "Pant Suit" and his so called "daughter" who by the way is the spitting image of Webster Hubble, the double standard as to how they handle Democrat Whore Mongers and Republican Whore Mongers is disgusting.

Newt belongs right up there with the Disgusting Kennedys and the Disgraceful Clinton and his Cigars but the diiference in Media Coverage and the PHONY OUTRAGE from some of the Republican Candidates is actually Comical and Sad.

The only Paper that handled the John Edwards filth properly was the National Enquirer and look what that rotten bastard did.

The putrid dirty Left Wing Democrat Obama Media reports it's "whore monger news" based on these two things, is it a Democrat or a Republican.

Surely we can all understand why the rotten smelly f-cking Left Wing Media DESPISES MATT DRUDGE, can't we?

:bricks:
    "blub, blub, oh teddy, please call somebody, don't let me drown, gasp"

19. Drewski

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

HB, while I have questioned your need to bring up Clinton/JFK/Teddy etc as it pertains to My Pet Newt and his need to chase the ladies before, here is all I will say about "your question".

I think it is human nature to treat a hypocrite worse than the "non hypocrite".

i.e. No one went after JFK/Teddy/Clinton about their personal marriage indiscretions because while those were happening at night, they weren't spending their days talking about "family values". Newt was the Joe McCarthy to Clinton's BJ story, clamoring for his resignation/impeachment, how bad Clinton's actions with various females were unbecoming of the office and title he held, all the while My Pet Newt is out in the parking lot getting his nob polished; and not by Mrs. Newt.

My Pet Newt, beyond just being a walking, talking POS also has the hypocracy trait in spades.

20. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Partisan network? Is this supposed to be a serious comment?

Anyway, Mitt did poorly, Newt is a hypocritical douche but the base laps it up like milk from a saucer (that and the not-so-thinly-veiled-racist moniker "food stamp president"), and no matter how compelling Santorum tries to be he still remains extremely unlikable.