Welcome to PatsFans.com

CNN or Fox??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 7, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I say that Fox news is the most one-sided news station on this planet. Especially with the conservative flag wearing Sean Hannity in the forefront. That man believes America can do no wrong and I believe that anyone with such an attitude is lost and doesn't have a clue.

Has anyone ever heard him say anything about George Bush screwing up?

I say the true judge of the quality of a news network is the worldwide perception. And on that basis, I'd say CNN is by far the best...hands down.

Americans can't judge the quality of Fox or CNN because we'd do it by party lines.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I contend that only conservative republicans would view Fox as more non-biased than CNN. I also believe that the avid Fox fan is male, doesn't believe there was a conspiracy that killed JFK, doesn't mind military aggression and is a fan of keeping assault weapons legal...just my opinion.;)
  3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Sure Fox leans to the right, and they do real well in the ratings.

Why ?

They are the only right wing news station.

The left viewers are split between ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC & CNN.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Now that's a great point...I haven't really given that much thought. But in all seriousness, none of those you listed is nearly as biased as Fox.

I know this debate will be along party lines because we can only see through our politically adjusted lenses. So I'm surprised that the first comment is a somewhat ;) neutral observation like yours.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Fox may lean rightward, OTOH they do really really well in the ratings...so apparently they do something right. I don't care for either, although if it's election results or something I will turn to Fox and leave it there.

MSNBC/CNN etc are all obviously left leaning, MSNBC more so than CNN.

But they should both change their names to ObamaTV, as far as I'm concerned.

Intersting to see you brought this here. Cheers for that.
    Don't be a stranger.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The only reason you'd say "none of those you listed is nearly as biased as Fox" is because you yourself are biased leftward. Were you not, you'd understand the point.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I travel here from time to time, but not often. I used to be an avid member of a site called "Perspectives.com" which is a national political/philosophical discussion board.

Hey, I'm Irish-American, so of course I love talking politics

I'm also a huge believer in conspiracy theory in America. I believe there are groups of elite (in their minds anyway) of people who conspire to accomplish many ends. Especially between corp. America and our government
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We're here pretty much 24/7...the dirty little secret of Ian's site. Don't be a stranger. Even if you do think Obama ball washing is the way to get your news.

:D
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I'll tell up right now, he's got my vote. I would just love to see the old establishment shocked. To me, the presidency is all about bragging rights. No matter who is in office, America doesn't change significantly at all.

only one modern president was going to shake this country up and he was assassinated.

And I'm not a classic liberal at all. Even though there is nothing wrong with being liberal. I'm more socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I actually hate the republican/democrat party line BS.
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not to change your topic, but how can you call yourself a fiscal conservative and vote for the guy who's got the most liberal voting record in the senate?
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

BTW, I can't stand Hannity.
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't watch CNN but MSNBC is the worst, IMO. Mathews and Olberman back to back is horrible as bad as Fox would be if they had O'Reilly and Hannity (with no Combs) back to back.
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Worse. Much much worse.

Olberman? Worse.
    I can't even stand watching Olbie do football related stuff.
  14. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

MSNBC & NBC are as far left leaning as fox is right leaning. Both are so far in the tank for Obama it's scary. I swear, sometimes, I'm afraid Matthews is gonna start pleasuring himself right in front of us as he waxes on about Obama.
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

I also consider myself a fiscal conservative, however Bush and now McCain do not fit the overall bill.. when selecting a candidate to back, cannot look at one aspect.. it is way too complex..

IMO whoever becomes president should:
    1. Combine the R & D of all three branches of service
    2. Stop paying for things like Vet Care for officers and some of the other ridiculous perks..
    2. Get rid of the intelligence agency in the Pentagon
    3. Force the FBI, CIA and NSA to get along if not get rid of the directors and assistant directors
    4. Get rid of the Dept of ed, let the states decide
    5. Look at the alternatives for IRS, Steve Forbes flat tax or a national sales tax, no exceptions, no credits..
    6. intsitute a line item veto
    7. Prosecute heavily and bar anyone from further contracts who defrauds the gov't..
    8. Tell every Secretary in the Executive Branch to cut their workforce by 20% and do a better job, by installing efficiency standards..
  16. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You are all sheep.

A 20 something year-old blond woman being missing/ murdered/ kidnapped/ whatever is good for 24/7 coverage for a week?

Grow a brain all of you. Once I'm told of Nicol Smith's baby drama I don't need four days of wall to wall coverage.

Oh, politics. They both on occasion go political if they have sexy film. ("Sexy" can be reverend right or stock footage of Chelsea Clinton in a bikini for a story on Hillary's health care proposal.)
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

I am a "Flaming Neo Con" I would like to smash Hannity in the face with shovel, I agree with a lot he says but he is to pompous & smug for me, I would also like to run the back wheels of my SUV over Alan Colmes head.

Fox isn't perfect but you can find out an awful lot of things on Fox that NBC doesn't want to tell you.

:bricks:
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

When kids play with themselves they go in the bathroom and look at pictures of "Playboy Bunnies" Chris Matthews uses pictures of Barack hussein Obama.

When I was a kid I used to use a picture of Eleanor Roosevelt

The "Neo Libs" have NBC,ABC,CNN, PBS, CBS and all the "Neo Cons" have is Fox and still the left wing bastards do nothing but whail and blubber about Fox.
    Liberal Lefties are supposed to be the defenders of FREEDOM---:singing:

BILLIONS WATCH FOX TO LEARN ALL THE THINGS THE LEFTY MEDIA DOESN'T WANT US TO KNOW, THEY AREN'T PERFECT BUT THEY'RE HERE TO STAY, THANK GOD.

:bricks:
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ask yourself what happened to the line item veto. The president can't simply wave his magic pen and make one apppear.
    You tell me it's far to complex, then you make a fairy tale list of things you want the next president to accomplish.

And you say neither Bush or McCain fits the bill...well that's great, but newsflash, Bush isn't on the ticket. Your choice is McCain, who's at least been critical of some of the crazy spending, or Obama, who's rated as the most liberal guy in the senate. Think of some of the people he beat out for that...Kennedy, Kerry....
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Who wants to put a man on mars??, fiscal conservativeness is not the exclusive bastion of the right.. see George Bush..