PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CNBC: "The $57 million dollar apology"

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Amazingly, CNBC ran a story on Logan Mankins at 2:30 PM today called "The $57 million dollar apology", with Darren Rovell and Erin Burnett. The story ran long with Jim Cramer weighing in significantly in his "Stop Trading" segment.

Not surprisingly, the corporate centric stock channel sided heavily with Kraft. Jim Cramer said that he has know the Kraft family for a very long time, saying that the Kraft family is "a revered figure in the NFL and a revered figure in business", adding that "Kraft and his son are among the nicest, most honorable men in all of business". Cramer stated that Mankins should apologize.

The story also repeated that Mankins was offered a contract comparable to Jahri Evans as well as mentioning that Dan Connelly graded out well in his first start.

Last edited:
Ian Rap. was on D&A last night and said Mankins was offered a deal comparably to Mangold. At this point, I have to wonder if Mankins and his agent are mentally competent.

What, you actually think people listened to Kraft?

I am glad to see them siding with Kraft in this situation. the Patriots have done nothing wrong here. They offered a fair and reasonable compensation package to Mankins.

If there is any blame to be spread around, it should land entirely at the feet of Mankins' agent. He is, almost certainly, the source for the lie that Mankins had a contract and things collapsed because of the demands for an apology.

Mankins needs to fire his agent and go back to the table. I also side squarely with the Patriots and Kraft in this matter.

Mankins needs to fire his agent and go back to the table.

Hah. That's a way for Mankins to save face. Say or strongly imply that he was misled, which would allow him to climb down from his prior stances without being seen as caving in on matters of principle.

Amazingly, CNBC ran a story on Logan Mankins at 2:30 PM today called "The $57 million dollar apology", with Darren Rovell and Erin Burnett. The story ran long with Jim Cramer weighing in significantly in his "Stop Trading" segment.

Not surprisingly, the corporate centric stock channel sided heavily with Kraft. Jim Cramer said that he has know the Kraft family for a very long time, saying that the Kraft family is "a revered figure in the NFL and a revered figure in business", adding that "Kraft and his son are among the nicest, most honorable men in all of business". Cramer stated that Mankins should apologize.

The story also repeated that Mankins was offered a contract comparable to Jahri Evans as well as mentioning that Dan Connelly graded out well in his first start.

And who are we supposed to side with? :cool: The guy that planned a press conference just so he could bad mouth Kraft?

I guess the fact that Kraft denied this ever happened just doesn't matter to CNBC or Yahoo.

The whole thing is PR spin. The Patriots are becoming as adept at using media to demonize players as the Red Sox and Lucchino have been for a long time. Who remembers the media leaks last season about what Wilfork supposedly turned down, in order to pre-emptively paint him as greedy?

I like Bob Kraft, but there has been a recurring pattern of players with management issues, going as far back as Deion Branch, Seymour, and Asante, to Wilfork, Brady, Moss, and Mankins.

I wonder how much Bob has been letting his son Jonathan run the team, to help transition and prepare for the future.

The whole thing is PR spin. The Patriots are becoming as adept at using media to demonize players as the Red Sox and Lucchino have been for a long time. Who remembers the media leaks last season about what Wilfork supposedly turned down, in order to pre-emptively paint him as greedy?

I like Bob Kraft, but there has been a recurring pattern of players with management issues, going as far back as Deion Branch, Seymour, and Asante, to Wilfork, Brady, Moss, and Mankins.

I wonder how much Bob has been letting his son Jonathan run the team, to help transition and prepare for the future.

yeah that greedy Brady is now the highest paid player.....Kraft PR group stated he is unmanageable, a cancer in the locker room.....yeah right, guess it didn't get them very far. Seriously there is absolutely no reason the Pats organization needs to do anything with the media...I don't know where you are getting your chain of thought, Ron Borges? :rolleyes:

I've said from the outset that Frank Bauer is the demon in Logan Mankins cause. Nothing that's transpired has made me change my tune.

I've said from the outset that Frank Bauer is the demon in Logan Mankins cause. Nothing that's transpired has made me change my tune.

This is the only thing that makes any sense in this whole snafu. Hope to see this resolved soon, though if his agent is as inept as we think maybe it doesnt.

Why do we have a football story, a contract one at that, on CNBC:confused:? And they know that Connelly played as well as Mankins too?

First rule of negotiations: " Don't say anything that will burn your bridges with the other party". Insulting the honor or questioning the worth of the counterparty is a sure way of doing just that.

Logan Mankins did just that. Stupid, unfortunate and beyond stupid.

Why do we have a football story, a contract one at that, on CNBC:confused:? And they know that Connelly played as well as Mankins too?

I didn't watch the segment, but I think its fair for a business/finance channel to talk about a contract negotation to that going astray (and the nfl is a business)

If this were not sports, and Kraft was a ceo of corporation, and Mankins was a high valued employee (say a VP in the company, or a industry expert), Mankins would easily be fired.

Now the real situation is not quite 100% the same as in the business world, since Mankins is somewhat limited in his movement.

I didn't watch the segment, but I think its fair for a business/finance channel to talk about a contract negotation to that going astray (and the nfl is a business)

If this were not sports, and Kraft was a ceo of corporation, and Mankins was a high valued employee (say a VP in the company, or a industry expert), Mankins would easily be fired.

Now the real situation is not quite 100% the same as in the business world, since Mankins is somewhat limited in his movement.

To expand further on your point, the NFL is the entertainment industry with the players as "The Talent", nothing at all like the corporations we work for.

To expand further on your point, the NFL is the entertainment industry with the players as "The Talent", nothing at all like the corporations we work for.

Exactly. Megan Fox blasted her director, and still filmed part 2 of Transformers. She seems a lot more expendable to me than Mankins. But the entertainment world is littered with such examples.

Well then, if Jim Cramer said it, then it must be true!!!:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye