PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Club seat and luxury box holders should be PROHIBITED from scalping SB tix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a random ticket broker get Super Bowl tickets?? If they can get them why can't the fans? WTF.

I guess you need to know a player or coach in the league.

Does anyone have Mike Tice's number?

It is something called supply and demand. There are not a lot of hotels in the area. There are a lot of rich people wanting hotel space.

Those prices are a load of crap unless they are for a week. I can get a hotel on Hotwire near Phoenix right now for $250 per night and airfare for around $400 with Southwest

2 people, 4 days = $1800

There are ways to prevent reselling of tickets, especially with today's technology. Here is an example: If you are offered tickets then your name is printed on the bar code. When they scan the bar code at the gate, you must show your ID. Similar to the transport authority at the airports. It is the fans that make the NFL what it is today. It is a slap in the face to all fans that support a team and/or watch every game be denied the once in a lifetime opportunity to attend a SB. I was at the SB (Green Bay/Pats) and sat infront of 2 guys that you could tell had no interest in the game whatsoever. They ended up leaving just before half time and never returned. I know how corporate America works so I dont need a lesson here, I am just making a comment on whats wrong with today's sports.

There are ways to prevent reselling of tickets, especially with today's technology. Here is an example: If you are offered tickets then your name is printed on the bar code. When they scan the bar code at the gate, you must show your ID. Similar to the transport authority at the airports. It is the fans that make the NFL what it is today. It is a slap in the face to all fans that support a team and/or watch every game be denied the once in a lifetime opportunity to attend a SB. I was at the SB (Green Bay/Pats) and sat infront of 2 guys that you could tell had no interest in the game whatsoever. They ended up leaving just before half time and never returned. I know how corporate America works so I dont need a lesson here, I am just making a comment on whats wrong with today's sports.

People *****ed and moaned about the security pat downs and you think they will accept an ID check?

It works in theory, but I don't think it would be very practical. Considering the already long lines to get into NFL stadiums especially in the last hour before kick off. People will scream about privacy issues etc.. Your idea would prevent people from simply giving their tickets to friends or family, not to mention reselling them at face value if they so choose. In reality you would be creating a headache that goes far beyond people being priced out of the event.

There are ways to prevent reselling of tickets, especially with today's technology. Here is an example: If you are offered tickets then your name is printed on the bar code. When they scan the bar code at the gate, you must show your ID.
I am not sure that is terribly practical. Plus there are all sorts of legitimate, honest ways someone could sell or give away tickets. A lot of companies give tickets to employees or clients, which in neither illegal nor IMHO unethical in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back