Welcome to PatsFans.com

Closing in on Karl Rove... too funny

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, May 26, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Caught lying... for about the 37,5412nd time... and he gives that classic smart-allec smirk, like he always does... The kind of expression that screams for a brick to smash into it.

Rove Issues Non-Denial Of Role In Seigelman Case: ‘I Read About It In The Newspaper’

Last week, the House Judiciary Committee subpoenaed former White House aide Karl Rove to determine his knowledge and role in the decision to prosecute former Democratic governor of Alabama Don Siegelman.

ABC’s This Week host George Stephanopolous asked Rove if he was directly or indirectly involved in Siegelman’s prosecution. Having trouble coming up with a coherent explanation, Rove simply offered this legalistic non-denial denial. “I learned about Don Siegelman’s prosecution by reading about it in the newspaper,” Rove said.

When Stephanopolous continued to press Rove about his involvement in the case, Rove stuttered and stammered, then responded by again saying he learned about it in the newspaper. Stephanopolous astutely noted, “That’s not a denial”:

ENJOY

STEPHANOPOLOUS: But to be clear, you did not contact the Justice Department about this case?

ROVE: I read about — I’m going to simply say what I’ve said before which is, I found out about Don Siegelman’s investigation and indictment by reading about it in the newspaper.

STEPHANOPOLOUS: But that’s not a denial.

ROVE: Uh. I’ve — I’ve — I’ve — uh — you know, I read about it. I heard about it, read about it, learned about it for the first time by reading about it in the newspaper.​

Trying to defend himself, Rove said “everyone who was supposedly on that telephone call” — which points to Rove’s involvement in the case — says it “never took place.” But when Stephanopolous pointed out that there is a cell phone record of the call, Rove had nowhere to go.

Unfortunately for Rove, dealing with the House Judiciary Committee isn’t going to be as easy as ducking questions on a Sunday talk show. As committee chairman Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) said recently, “We’re closing in on Rove. Someone’s got to kick his ass.”
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Some day they will catch up to this dude, when they do.. Siegelman is just the tip of the iceberg... he will never do time, but somewhere along the line he will tell all he knows...
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

I hope John Conyers meets the same fate as Wellstone.
  4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

more fun from thinkprogress (nice try, and hiding your source) , how many times do we have to discredit this?

I know you want to believe that Roves is some evil genius, but the anser is, your just that dumb.
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Before you start alleging that people are dumb, might want to review your posts before you submit them or use spell check.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

And here's our profoundly conservative moderator setting an epic example... how was i "hiding" the source? my how you do fabricate a scenario that doesn't exist...

as for discrediting it, how bout once? i've yet to see anyone explain things away for Pig Boy Rove regarding this one... as for intelligence, please don't embarrass yourself beyond all doubt by questioning the level of anyone else's intelligence in comparison with your own...
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Wonder what the reaction would be if someone wanted to smash a brick in BHO or Teddy k"s face??

More tolerance from the peace loving left.
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd pay to watch Conyers and Rove in a steel cage though.

And I'll say this as well: were I Rove, and I got to Congress to testify, the first thing I'd say would be "Okay, Mr. Conyers, you wanted to kick my ass, here I am--let's roll."
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Way to go.
  10. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

when has it been discredited? Oh that's right, never. And this is a transcript from a nationally televised t.v. show, are you saying it's fake dip****? I dare you to give me an infraction.
  11. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good to know the committee chair will conduct any possible hearings in an impartial manner.

Also good to see PC and others convicting Rove based on a phone call that MAY have happened as Dana Simpson claims, and DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE KARL ROVE!!! She says it included the mention of the name "Carl", OOH, gotcha Rove!!! String him up!!! I posted this in another forum, it is a closer look at Simpson's claims vs. what she said under oath to Congress (oh yes and it is from the Weekly Standard, not an unbiased news outlet like ThinkProgress PC, bwa ha ha ha!):

"Every person whose name Simpson has invoked has labeled her story a fantasy, including Siegelman"

"Simpson can offer no evidence that she has ever spoken to or met Karl Rove. Moreover, when she told her story of the alleged conspiracy against Don Siegelman to John Conyers's House Judiciary Committee staff, she said that she heard references to someone named "Carl" in the aforementioned telephone conversation--she made the natural inference that this must be Karl Rove--but never offered the blockbuster claim that Rove himself had recruited her to spy on Siegelman. Neither in the affidavit that she submitted to the committee, nor in 143 pages of sworn testimony that she gave to the committee's staff, did she ever claim to have met Karl Rove, spoken to Karl Rove, or carried out any secret spy missions on his behalf, even though the whole point of her testimony was to try to spin out a plot against Siegelman that was ostensibly led by someone named "Carl.""

http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/117fsnzp.asp
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't know what FTW was talking about, honestly. Thinkprogress has been caught in a couple of lies in the past week or so, just in stories wes has posted here, but since the link in PC's post wasn't to tp...I just don't get it myself.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

You know by now that is the method, distract from the real issues...
  14. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

The link to thinkprogreess, is hidden in the ".." underneath the title where he got the story.

So Rove say's he read about it in the paper, and that is catching him? This guy was CONVICTED, by a jury that Karl Rove was not on, so I can't see how he really has anything to do with it. If as government employee, Rove became aware of criminal wrongdoings, then he is obligated to report them, however, he appears not to be the source of this.

Is anyone here really going to bet on John Conyers in a battle of wits between him and Karl Rove?? I will pay money for that showdown, maybe Maxine Waters could led her mental powers to aid Conyers.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah okay, I see the "..." now. Thinkprogress...lying sacks of poopie.
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Awww, you guys are being too rough on ole' Pressy.

Look on the bright side; least THIS TIME he did not willfully LIE TO THE REST OF US with a dishonest thread title. He just linked a dumb story from one of his lefty "political commentary" (i.e. NOT NEWS) sites.

He actually didn't even manipulate the quote in the stinkprogress article to mislead us or even make is sound like REAL NEWS. That's an improvement, isn't it.

As for the story, FTW is right. The guy was convicted by a jury of his peers. This story is going NOWHERE, John Conyers rantings aside. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Gone for two days, and Con men STILL can't stop talking about me. I love it -- lets me know I'm doing a good job...

Youz guyz' man-crush for an evil, pastey piece of shyt like Karl Rove is fairly transparent. Still, we all recognize the qualifier that routinely comes just before or after running to Pig Boy's aid. It usually goes something like this: "Now, I'm no Karl Rove fan, but... " or, better still... "You don't even know me, so don't pretend you know my politics..." Yeah, we get it. :blahblah: ... Just get on with your smoke-screen regarding Rove's perpetual "innocence," would you all... please?

A few points:

There were no quotation marks around the Rumsfeld thread title you're utterly untucked about, still, so spare me the overdramatics that I somehow "lied." It is my unabashed opinion that goofyass Don Rumsfeld advocates another attack on Americans so as to "remind them" to be scared and vote in the war party to office. Period. Not a lie, an opinion based on numerous examples of fact. If you don't like it, I don't really give a crap. You guys do the same thing when you assert liberal positions based on your opinion. But the fact is, the moron said "the correction for that... is an attack." ... Quotation marks... See those?... Notice also the keyword "CORRECTION for that"... What needed to be "fixed," Donald?

Also, I noticed you didn't have the courage to link to that entire thread, but instead only linked to your hissy fit post, whereby you presented another yawn-enducing semantics argument. For the record, here was my direct response to your whining.

Next, ThinkProgress, while sloppy with the animal cremation story, has yet to willfully provide any "lies" that I'm aware of. Though, it is rather funny that you Con men would desperately try and squawk that the Sidney Hillman Journalism Award winner somehow lacks any overall credibility because of one bad link. Nope, you're gonna need to provide a bit more than that, and the tired mantra "they just hate Bush." Because time and time again, the best political monitor on the net effectively takes the Bush League to task using little more than their own arrogant words and hypocrisy against them. With video, audio and documents.

When you guys do the same by way of linking pro-Empire sites, 90% of the time, you provide an Op-ed. Not documents, not audio, not video.

The fact is, the former "co-president" has his fingerprints on everything slimey during the Bush League's reign -- from the the push polls the year it all started, to today when he won't admit he's an open advisor to the McCain campaign while chirping for Fox News.

The man is a maniacal political operative who pushes an ideology of class seperation, lucrative warfare, and one-world government... And you guys, without actually saying so, all love him for it... Sleep well.

And yes, I do believe even Conyers could still kick that dough boy's ass...
  18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You were gone?

:singing::D