Welcome to PatsFans.com

Close These Churches (racist reverends)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

Another thread from Harry on "racism." Excellent.

Not sure where you see racism here. Stupidity, perhaps.

But, sure, close the churches with racist leaders. Don't know who you think has that authority, but sure, go ahead. But even though you'll never post about them, that's going to include a whole lot of white referenda and "white churches," too
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

and yet another nothing to see here response ;) I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume that this was set up to prove that white cops are racists. This "teachable moment” was meant to embarrass the police I believe. Do you really think they were expecting this to teach the congregation that the racist cop stereotype was all in their heads and that this test would prove it?
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

You bet it is and should be, racism runs rampant in thousands of "white churches" I believe Organized Religion to be one of the most dangerous groups in the world that also imcludes Islam.

The thing you bring up about my "racism posts" is my disgust for The Double Standard that exists in our Media and our Society.

Can you just picture the news today if Pat Robinson had pulled a stunt like that Racist Son Of A B!tch did with that Cop.
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So an altercation was planned and staged just to get the officer to react, "test" him a little bit. Then they justify it by calling it a "teachable moment for the safety of our children".

Good call; let's stir up a little more sh*t, pi** people off a little more than they already are, p** the cops off a little more than they already are. Brilliant plan:cool:

OTOH law enforcement is far from innocent when it comes to staging conflicts and altercations themselves, also done in the "best interest of the people". Drills that townspeople aren't informed of, etc. This incident just proves how out of hand things are getting in this regard.

Interesting, thanks HB!
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

No news story that involves the word "race" (Harry, do you Google search that word when you wake up?) escapes Harry these days (by that I mean since Obama got elected) no matter how insignificant, stupid or remote.

Thanks for the info, Harry. Pay no attention to the real problems in America like unemployment, lack of energy policy, and the demolition of the middle class by the corporations. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

WAIT! What's that little shiny thing on the ground? Could it be...YES! Another story about reverse racism! Quick, Harry! Stop what you're doing right now and pick that up! That's right...spin it around between your fingers and stare at it like all the other little shiny things.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

like I said, stupidity (from whomever organized it) if the intent is to show all cops are racist. But that wasn't necessarily the intent. So, stupidity to set up a situation where so much could go so wrong.

Getting OT, but many stereotypes have some basis on fact. Do you think there might be some basis behind the notion of blacks or other minorities being treated differently by cops?
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

and yet your threads only seem to be about libruls, blacks and Muslims...
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Because thats where the double standard comes in, when one of those groups commits racism, insensitivity, cruelty (beheadings) it is usually buried on the back page or not reported at all unless you go to the Internet, Bloggers or Fox News.

Now that I have made my point I will try not to post these things but it will be hard.

Crucify Don Imus

Islamic business man cuts daughters head off for wanting a divorce (shhhhhhhhhhhhh)

:bricks:
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

You mean like the 13 individual stories in 3 months that Harry's article links to regarding incidents of reported or suspected police abuse of black or Hispanic citizens in Indianapolis? Or the long history of proven police brutality in the black community of Indianapolis? The history of which, if you ever lived in or near Indianapolis, you'd be well acquainted with?

For that matter, where's Harry's link to the "follow up" story where the church denies involvement in any kind of set-up?

Just in the interest of fairness, yanno.
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

so your concern is only when "reverse" racism occurs...
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

I thank you for pointing these things out, my point isn't Police Brutality, Jesus Christ here we go again my point is double standard and the Low Life Cruddy Racist actions of this Scum Bag Sh!t Bum "Man Of God " staging a fight to further fan the flames of RACISM and make young Black Children hate the police, the Cop involved in this was doing what he is paid to do but the poor bastard was "set up" by a sumsucking pig bastard racist dog.
    PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT

RACISM IS A TWO WAY STREET REPORT IT FAIRLY FROM BOTH SIDES OF THAT STREET.
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

you think blacks might be treated differently than whites in, say, Carmel? RACIST
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

"Racism is a 2 way street" -- depends on what you mean. Are people of all races, religions, nationality, etc., prejudiced toward others? Absolutely.

But are the results the same? I'm pretty sure even you won't claim that to be the case.

"report it fairly" -- where's the evidence that it isn't?
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Considering that the black population in Carmel is less than 1.5% and that's always been so, yeah, I think blacks just might be treated differently in Carmel - there's a reason they don't live there.

ROFLMAO Have you ever BEEN to Carmel?

He!!, I'd be afraid to walk around there for fear I'd get arrested for nothing more than being middle class.

Carmel is working on an Automated Vacuum Collection, fer cryin' out loud. I mean, God forbid there's garbage showing.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yes, absolutely. Who knows, some in the congregation could have been profiled driving recently for example. But this exercise was not only stupid it was racially motivated and I maintain that they wanted to teach that white cops are racists because they expected that outcome.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Racism in America is a one-way srteet. Real racism...the kind that counts is done to black people almost all of the time.

Come the new millennium, the number of African American adults behind bars will hit the million mark for the first time, according to an analysis of Justice Department statistics. That represents nearly an eightfold increase from three decades ago, when there were only 133,226 blacks in prison.

By 2000, roughly one in 10 black men will be in prison - a statistic with major social implications because prisoners don't have jobs, pay taxes or care for their children at home. And because many states bar felons from voting, at least one in seven black men will have lost the right to vote.

Number of Blacks in Prison Nears 1 Million

When you can replace the word "black" and "African American" with "white" and "Euro-American"...then it will be a two-way street. Once again, you're wrong on race, Harry. In fact, everytime you post these days you are wrong. Get your sh!t together.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Ya know what's so scary about a white guy in prison?

He's guilty!:eek:
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -1

Yes, I've been to Carmel many times. Very nice town, and to be clear, I have nothing against the place or the people there, as most I've met are great people. But I'm quite confident that the people I know there are going to be treated differently than a 20 year old black kid in west Indy (I think that's one of the areas that's not so nice)

btw, I'll be the first to point out part of what my Carmel example points to are some of the difficulties in ascribing motivations to police actions. Besides race, economics clearly play a role in how people are treated, and while we may not like aspects of profiling, there's something to be said for wondering why somebody who doesn't fit in might be where they are -- and, yes, that goes both ways.
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Oh, no disagreement here, Chico. Many years ago my son had a girlfriend on the southwest side of Chicago and he had a Pepsi route in the inner city. He would take "short cuts" to get to her house in the evening. Late one Saturday night he was in a very bad accident on the southeast side of the city - although the other driver was at fault my son was hauled off to jail and I got a call about 3AM begging me to bail him out. When I got there the police gave me an extremely hard time - they had told me the wrong bail amount and I did not have enough - they would not go and ask him to give me his bank card so I could go to a cash station and get the rest because, as they told me, they "didn't have to do nuttin' coz we ain't in Oz, Dorothy." I had to drive back to Indiana, wake up a friend and get the balance of the money only to come back and have them laugh and say, "Oh, we made a mistake - it was only (fill in the first amount.") (All this while hauling two little kids with me through some really rough neighborhoods.) They charged him with drunk driving (which was dropped in 2 seconds once we got to court because he was well under the legal limit,) they told us the wrong place where they had towed the car, they "lost" his car keys, his shoe laces and his baseball hat and they alternated between calling me "Dorothy" and "Goldilocks" at least 12 times. By the fifth time I was back at the station looking for his keys and the info on where the car was located I lost my temper and asked to see the person in charge. After cooling my heels in a waiting room full of people waiting to be booked for an hour the guy came out to talk to me...when I asked him why we were being treated so poorly he replied, "Honey,I know he's your kid, but there ain't no reason for no white boy to be in this neighborhood unless he's looking for drugs."

And that was it. He walked back into his office and shut the door. Didn't care about the girlfriend, didn't care that it was a familiar neighborhood for my son and I (he because he worked there, I because once upon a time, I lived there) or the fact that my son had a dam good job and was not a drug user or seeker. Wrong color, wrong neighborhood, end of story.

Made me realize what blacks and hispanics must worry about every time they enter a predominatly white town or city.

Sucks to be them.