PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Close games or Blowouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
What kinda of a win do you prefer. ? I think i always prefer a blowout not out of disrespect to the other team ..just keeps my blood pressure in check :)
That being said , one of the great strengths of this team in the past has been the mental strength..making plays when it counted and winning those close games.Only time i saw the pats rattled was in that 4th quarter in indy. heath evans penalty and caldwell's dropped catches.
Leads me to this query.Considering the number of new players on offense we have, does the team NEED a close game to gauge itself especially on offense ?
Iam sure the D is tested mentally in the past so not really bothered about it but the offense maybe needs a test ...
thoughts ?

personally i hope we keep winning easy but a close game wouldnt do harm especially for the playoffs and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
By close game, do you mean within the spread? I don't expect any game -- including the midseason Superbowl to be close. Have you been paying attention? I prefer a blowout. No need for any team to think they can beat these guys.

Last edited:
By close game, do you mean within the spread? I don't expect any game -- including the midseason Superbowl to be close. Have you been paying attention? I prefer a blowout. No need for any team to think they can beat these guys.

There will be a close game this year. Hell, Dallas was beating us in the 3rd quarter

Blowouts didn't help us at all a couple of years ago. "Struggling" through games last year seemed to get us over the hump. Seems like it's happening again this year.

Blowouts didn't help us at all a couple of years ago. "Struggling" through games last year seemed to get us over the hump. Seems like it's happening again this year.
I don't think the Pats think like the Colts. I think they can maintain an even keel while destroying the rest of the NFL. I think the scores impact future opponents more than the Pats.

Agreed that the struggle experience can help when everything is on the line the next time. Thank you for your service ColtinIraq. I know you'll get over the hump and come home. Colts fans need you and we need you.

I'll take close games in the regular season (to keep my interest) and blowouts in the post-season (to prevent stress-related illnesses and property-damage) please.

Last edited:
Just how much does a team need to be tested if they blow everyone out on their way to the SB? I'm not saying the Pats will do it (or even go undefeated), but getting things done quickly and efficiently is ALWAYS the preferred method of winning.

I like blowouts against weak teams becaus they're weak.

I also like blowouts against middle-of-road teams.

But I like blowouts against the top teams too.

I guess I like tight games all around.

Prefer closer games, fell asleep during the Miami Game, as time goes on they will be closer.. also think close games prepares them for the "tournament".

Prefer closer games, fell asleep during the Miami Game, as time goes on they will be closer.. also think close games prepares them for the "tournament".

I agree. I love the tension in sports and watching one team destroy the other isn't the same as shouting, biting one's nails and generally getting ramped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back