Welcome to PatsFans.com

Clone farming has arrived

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

This is interesting. Would any of you by cloned food products, like milk from a cloned cow, or meat?

Clone farming has arrived

By SEAN POULTER
    Last updated at 23:07pm on 9th January 2007

The black and white calf may look unremarkable.

But Dundee Paradise is evidence that clone farming - designed to deliver supersize cows producing an astonishing 70 pints of milk a day - has arrived in Britain.

Her birth last month exposed glaring gaps in the Government's system for policing livestock farming.

It raises the prospect of milk and meat from the offspring of clones reaching the shops without proper safety checks.

Both the food and farming ministry Defra and the Food Standards Agency admitted last night that they had known nothing about the calf's birth, or even the arrival of the batch of embryos last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I have no problem with it personally. When I'm eating a steak I don't care whether the cow had two parents or if it's a genetic copy of another cow that had two parents, and so on. At the end of the day, I'm still eating a cow, which is really the disgusting thing. But I don't intend to stop because they taste so damn good. Why are they made of meat?
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

My only concern is with the deformities that tends to exist with cloned animals. I wonder if such genetic defects pose any risks to people who may consume them.

BTW, I ate two cowburgers tonight. :D
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +874 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

This could lead to political forums in the future where every member is a NEM clone.:p
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But we could also clone Tom Brady and sell them for draft picks.