PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clod is Teaching The Wrong Lesson at the Wrong Time.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Clod knows how to play the beat you up style of hockey but so what ... playing to win 1 goal games isn't going to get you to far unless you have at least 2 snipers who can take advantage of mistakes. Right now the Bruins don't have 1 unless you consider Sturm a sniper.

Phil Kessel should be playing ... the old time Bruins had alot of muscle and they also had "Nifty". Now Kessel is not yet "Nifty" but he's about the closest that they have.

Oh well, there's always next year...when is Chara's contact over ... :bricks:

Phil Kessel should be playing ... the old time Bruins had alot of muscle and they also had "Nifty". Now Kessel is not yet "Nifty" but he's about the closest that they have.
Phil Kessel is an up-tempo, up-and-down, run-and-gun guy. The Bruins can't play that game against Montreal. They have the play along the boards, where he's fairly useless.

Oh well, there's always next year...when is Chara's contact over ... :bricks:
Chara's got three more years, I believe. You're not suggesting he's some sort of burden, are you?

Phil Kessel is an up-tempo, up-and-down, run-and-gun guy. The Bruins can't play that game against Montreal. They have the play along the boards, where he's fairly useless.

Chara's got three more years, I believe. You're not suggesting he's some sort of burden, are you?

I think you can still play physical and get Kessel in there. Also ... Clod is not letting Chara drop down into the slot much. Look, I know what he's doing ... Montreal used to do it to us back in he day. But they had the snipers to take advantage of mistakes and we don't. I would rather see our guys go down swinging than like this ... fustrated is what I am.

I think you can still play physical and get Kessel in there. Also ... Clod is not letting Chara drop down into the slot much. Look, I know what he's doing ... Montreal used to do it to us back in he day. But they had the snipers to take advantage of mistakes and we don't. I would rather see our guys go down swinging than like this ... fustrated is what I am.

Okay Clod ... thanks for listening.

Clod knows how to play the beat you up style of hockey but so what ... playing to win 1 goal games isn't going to get you to far unless you have at least 2 snipers who can take advantage of mistakes. Right now the Bruins don't have 1 unless you consider Sturm a sniper.

Like I said ... and hey Claude ... thanks for reading my post!!!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back