Welcome to PatsFans.com

Clinton sweeps Giuliani in swing states

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Oct 10, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

until Diebold is taken to task, are any elections safe?
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

it would but im convinced conservatives will either stay home in droves or will put up a protest anti-abortion candidate as an Independant to keep Rudy from becoming the head of the party for the next 8 years.

Thompson did not look good at all in the debate the other night. Romney is still the GOP's best candidate but again, many people will in the GOP will tune him out because of the mormon thing which is unfortunate.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The Mormon Thing

Why is it in this double standard phony society we live in today that degrading the Mormons and coming right out and bashing a Presidential candidate for his religion (Romney) why is there no crys of Racism, Bigotry, KKK, Nazism, Prejudice, how do the poor Mormons of America feel about this?

Now, Imagine doing the same thing to a "Muslim Candidate" or a "Jewish Candidate" city's would be set on fire all across America.

What is wrong with being a Mormon, I now think I will vote for Romney simply because he is a Mormon,
    F-ck all the Racist Bigot Bastards.

Maybe we need a Morman President

"Oh dear God, please don't offend the Muslims"
    :bricks: --------Bill Cosby For President
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

You do realize the issue with Mormons is in the Republican Party, especially on the Christian right. I would not hesitate to vote for a liberal Mormon, but then again the Democratic Party doesn't really have as many bigots as the Republican Party has. And, yes, I agree Harry: F-ck all the Racist Bigot Bastards.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

That very well could be. That's why I think it will be interesting. I think Giuliani could make up for the loss of pro-lifers by courting a high number of independents. It's still a long, long ways away though. I think that match up would make for good theatre. I think Thompson has a better shot to be the nominee than Romney. His neon tan and finger in the wind on critical issues makes him unelectable in a heads up. Remember what flip flopping did to Kerry, and it'd be worse for Romney. I just don't see a Romney nomination. It's out of Giuliani and Thompson if you ask me. McCain is toast. His open support for Amnesty destroyed whatever chance he had.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I don't think it's restricted to republican christians.