Welcome to PatsFans.com

Clinton set to concede delegate race to Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Preseason is now over!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials said, effectively ending her bid to be the nation's first female president.

Obama is 40 delegates shy of clinching the nomination, but he is widely expected to make up the difference Tuesday with superdelegate support and votes in South Dakota and Montana. Once he reaches the magic number of 2,118, Clinton will acknowledge that he has secured the necessary delegates to be the nominee.

The former first lady will stop short of formally suspending or ending her race in her speech in New York City.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_24

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

She's holding out for another major gaffe by the Obama Campaign so she can still get in the back door somehow. She will not be denied the nomination.

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Bob Beckle said today that the pubbies have a tape if Mrs Obama spewing talk about Whitey from the pulpit at their church... accoring to himn they will release the tape in the next day or two....

4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why would they use that so soon? That's general election September/October type of stuff.

Unless they've really got some heavy sh!t lined up.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Miss Michelle Barack Hussein Obama is big trouble, she has "Street Racist" written all over her, she belongs right in the middle of that screaming yelling RACIST crowd that stomps and jives when Uncle Jeremiah and Father Fligger preach their "Hate Gospel"

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

yeah...sure...

-Michelle Obama-

Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor and Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development.

Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago

University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May, 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs

sounds like the background of someone who would scream about 'whitey'....where do you people get this $h!t????

oh yeah...Bob Beckle.....FOX news.....its gotta be true

HA!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Are you deaf to what she said before? Or blind to the paper she wrote? Or are you just a democrat ostrich?

8. macfeen

macfeen On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OOO another scared white man, what will we ever do.Better get your guns! Black ppl and muslims are comming for us lmfao

qft

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

show me the video in context...and I'll say I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm not offended by what she said before about being proud to be an american. I understand the context that you have read into what she said too, so don't even bother.

What paper? was it the one titled "Kill whitey" Or was it "Praise Allah"....not sure which one, you'll have to be more specific.

OH WAIT....you must be talking about her senior thesis at Princeton!....

you people are frickin AWESOME!!!! somehow its cool for rummy to be giving Saddam Hussein WMDs to kill his own people, thats all in the past. Somehow its cool to have Oliver Noth comment on how wrong it is to deal with Iran....That $h!t is all in th epast...water under the bridge. But a colleger student in an Ivy League school in 1985....and you guys lose your teetz.....

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

said the 21 year old.....

(sigh)

10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

How pathetic of a Human is she, well she did marry the brother who said "typical white person". Walk a mile in my shoes, you bitch, most of us don't get to go to Princeton, or get paid extremely high salaries for doing nothing.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

What does a good education have to do with racism, American Colleges are full of Racists.

If they have a video of Miss Michelle calling me a "White Mother F-cker" will you then, believe, or will you believe Olberman, Matthews, Lauer and Cute Perky Katie when they all start squealing and wimpering that "oh she didn't mean it"

Bob Beckel, you do know he is one of the biggest democrats in the country don't you, if they don't have the video why is a democrat saying they do--?

12. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So, HD...you're saying that what a person did/said/thought/ in the past (10-15 years, is it?) has no bearing to what kind of person they are today? So my experiences haven't shaped me, or yours shaped you? So that I was a little second or third grader telling everyone how Reagan was a great guy and would be a great president has no bearing on my thoughts now? Or that I grew up in small damn town in NH...or that I went to a (very)liberal arts college, where I saw first hand the "tolerance" of the lefties...none of that has any bearing on who I am?

So I guess you'll all stop yowling about Bush and the ANG and cocaine and whatever else, huh? Cause that doesn't matter either.

Either it does or it doesn't. And how a person thinks and grows during college years is kind of a big thing.

And--before you start--I actually like Mrs. Obama. I like her attitude (not sure I agree with it, but I like it...I like that she's got one, ya know?).

13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Starts the process of innoculation. Say it's a video of her howling and screaming the full "GOD DAMN AMERICA" and "KILL WHITEY" so that by the time it comes out and she's just up there saying "we need more equality between black and white" and everyone says "Is that all?"

Fairly common tactic.

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

23 years ago.....
    And I'm not saying that it has no bearing on her opinions, or helped shape her. Her thesis is itself HER opinion on what she sees at the time she is writing it, as a 21 year old black woman attending an Ivy League school.

You seem to have misunderstood my point, point being:

Michelle Obama writes a thesis in college about being a black woman in college. Certainly not knowing that she would one day marry the first black man to get the democratic nomination for president. She speaks her mind (as we are allowed to do in AMERICA) and 23 years later, people ar ecalling her unamerican, a hater etc.

These SAME PEOPLE have the uncanny ability to turn the other cheek when it comes to politicians completely f-ing up while IN OFFICE or serving in the military in a capacity when they already are serving the public.

Our backgrounds have almost EVERYTHING to do with how we are shaped, the rest is genetics. YOu andI are not disputing over what you think we are.

If you (not specifically 'you' a.paul....I mean the grand 'you') have a beef with what a college student wrote in her thesis, and you support Bush. You have a conflicting view of the world, and it seems to be biased towards someone because they put an 'R' before their name. Thats unamerican.

15. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Okay, HD, I guess I did misunderstand your point. Thanks.

16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

As others have said, he's a staunch Liberal. Shows how Liberals here turn their brains off as soon as anything is stated on Fox News.

Regarding what Beckle said, that would be too funny if it were true; without seeing it more in context, though, it's tough to tell.

17. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2

#80 Jersey

How (exactly) does one "jive"? :rofl::confused:

18. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

indeed, FOX has that effect on me. Its a shame too.

19. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I get the same thing from PMSNBC and the NY Times.

;)

I like Beckel though. He gets that it's just a game...bloodsport, sometimes, but still just a game. Like Tip O'Neil and Reagan, or Cargoyle and Mary Matalin.

20. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I guess we will see how correct he is when this fottage does or doesn't come out. Seems crazy that Clinton wouldn't have dug this up and used it......crazy like a FOX news.