PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clinton Portis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettlax3434

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
ESPN's Bill Barnwell thinks the Eagles and Patriots are two possible fits for free agent RB Clinton Portis.
Barnwell believes Portis, who will turn 30 in September, should age better than most backs since he's an intelligent runner who's never relied on breakaway speed. He thinks that coupled with Portis' elite pass-protecting abilities is what will make "pass happy" teams like Philly and New England interested. More than anything, Portis has to prove he can get healthy.
Via Rotoworld.com

I don't know how much he has left but we could use a physical runner in the backfield.

I personally don't want him but as always....IN BILL WE TRUST

would be an upgrade to the Fred Taylor role, if only because its hard to believe he would be less healthy

I would happily take Portis in a back up role if he's healthy and the price is right.

Maybe. It could save us a pick that would normally be used on a RB.

Maybe. It could save us a pick that would normally be used on a RB.
basically this is the reason i like it. He's a good runner who's strength is pass blocking and was a featured back. He can't do any worse than fred taylor who just couldnt get on the field. It would save us a pick that could go to other areas where we actually ned young talent more e.g OL and OLB

And people thought Fred Taylor sitting on the sidelines was annoying....

And people thought Fred Taylor sitting on the sidelines was annoying....

I'm with YOU, Bro.

RB's with talent and fresh legs are PLENTIFULL in each and every Draft Class.

I pray to GOD we're done hauling in 30 Somethings who break down every 5 minutes or so. :mad:

This guy has a 10 cent head. No thanks. He'll ***** if he isn't carrying the ball a majority of the time.

Aging back that no one really wants anymore. Sounds like a Patriots RB candidate!

According to the Redskins cap page, Portis's 2010 cap number was 12 M.

Ton of mileage and baggage to go with it. No thanks. Takes me as player that would rather retire than play for the vet minimum anyway.

I'm with YOU, Bro.

RB's with talent and fresh legs are PLENTIFULL in each and every Draft Class.

I pray to GOD we're done hauling in 30 Somethings who break down every 5 minutes or so. :mad:

I agree. Dillon is an all time great IMO, yet we still only got one outstanding season from him. RB is a young man's game, you just need to pick well.

I think he has made his money and is looking for some warmer climes....I think he might take his talents to South Beach....

I wouldn't mind seeing Portis in the backfield, but we'll probably go to draft if we can't sign him before the youngins.

they tried the old running back route with fred taylor and that failed. They need younger fresher legs. Portis was getting outplayed by the likes of keiland williams and ryan torain last season.

I would happily take Portis in a back up role if he's healthy and the price is right.

He's played in only 13 total games over the last two years, because he's always hurt. Granted he plays hurt alot, but he's always hurt. I'm in Redskins country, and I know.

This would be his 10th year in the league. We don't need him. It's a waste of a roster spot, because he WILL be hurt.

ESPN's Bill Barnwell thinks the Eagles and Patriots are two possible fits for free agent RB Clinton Portis.
Barnwell believes Portis, who will turn 30 in September, should age better than most backs since he's an intelligent runner who's never relied on breakaway speed. He thinks that coupled with Portis' elite pass-protecting abilities is what will make "pass happy" teams like Philly and New England interested. More than anything, Portis has to prove he can get healthy.
Via Rotoworld.com

I don't know how much he has left but we could use a physical runner in the backfield.

I stopped reading when the words Portis and intelligent appeared in the same sentence. The guy is a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes