PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clinton Portis: What does a Patriot-type player sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Not like this...

Q: "The story of the game, Clinton Portis. How does the injured shoulder feel?"

Portis: Long pause. "Like I just got done playin' in a football game that I ain't had no business playin' in."

Q: "Do you think you take another snap this preseason?"

Portis: "I hope not. Y'know.. I hope not, but who knows, y'know, uhhh, I gotta see what the doctors say, but I'm happy not to..."

I often wonder what the teach at "The U", obviously not english. Why do some athletes answer every question in an interview with "I Mean" and the the answer ? I watched Santana Moss, he was being asked about Portis' injury and it's severity, and him possibly missing some regular season time, and his answer was "I mean, I really don't know what happened out there". I've seen tons of athletes answer this way, starting the answer with "I Mean". Nobody asked what you meant, you haven't even said anything yet !!!

Very weird way to attempt to speak english. P.S.- When did the letters TH wind up being an F (example, birthday has now become birfday). And when did we lose the R in the word You're (emample, "You know what you saying ") ? Sorry for venting, but when some immigrants can speak better english than people born here, it drives me crazy. i guess my comments belong in another forum, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newsflash, they don't pay these guys to be rocket scientists or articulate and it annoys me to no end when people find that as the only way to look down on someone. That being said, that ***** definately wouldn't fly in New England.

scott99 said:
I often wonder what the teach at "The U", obviously not english. Why do some athletes answer every question in an interview with "I Mean" and the the answer ? I watched Santana Moss, he was being asked about Portis' injury and it's severity, and him possibly missing some regular season time, and his answer was "I mean, I really don't know what happened out there". I've seen tons of athletes answer this way, starting the answer with "I Mean". Nobody asked what you meant, you haven't even said anything yet !!!

Very weird way to attempt to speak english. P.S.- When did the letters TH wind up being an F (example, birthday has now become birfday). And when did we lose the R in the word You're (emample, "You know what you saying ") ? Sorry for venting, but when some immigrants can speak better english than people born here, it drives me crazy. i guess my comments belong in another forum, lol.

I mean, being from New Orleans, I can tell you that the "f" sound is a southern accent thang, you know what I'm saying...? :D

huskeralk said:
Newsflash, they don't pay these guys to be rocket scientists or articulate and it annoys me to no end when people find that as the only way to look down on someone. That being said, that ***** definately wouldn't fly in New England.
Right, that was my point... he's throwing the coaches under the bus on national television. Then drives the point home with his prima dona 'I'm happy if I can't play again' attitude.

Do you think Brady would be happy if he couldn't play again in the preseason? Did he look happy to be out of the game in the first half? I'm not saying we have a team full of Bradys, but I'd hope to gawd I'd never hear one of them whine about it on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back