PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clinton Portis expects to be released today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portis missed games from being knocked out too. Though that does make him more likely to get knocked out again, its very different from a structural injury...not to say he hasn't had a few of those either. A lot of good backs have had a few years lost to injuries only to bounce back after getting healthy. The only problem is that even when healthy, Portis has lost a lot of power and speed

I think that maybe Portis is hoping for a bit more money on the open market than the Pats would be willing to give him, but who knows? That is just a guess, as I do not have anything to back that up. I just have a feeling that there will be someone else that overpays for him. I am not sure that we have a huge need for a RB on the FA market, as I have a hunch we will draft one somewhere, and use what we have + younger, cheaper talent.

I'm not ruling out gathering a low-mid level veteran RB, but I think it would have to be on the cheap. I think BB likes the RBBC approach, and will add either a cheaper vet, or a draft choice.

It's always possible that the draft pick could work out better than we'd hoped, and they could handle more of the load, allowing for BJGE to be a #2, and Woodhead to be a very good 3rd down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back