PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clifton Gathers DE South Carolina

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Geathers leaning toward entering draft | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

Apparently this kid is coming out, eventhough he is not projected to go until the 4th round. Here is the interesting part, 6'8" DE with a family history of NFL players..

Geathers comes from a long line of NFL defensive linemen. His brother Robert Geathers Jr. is a defensive end for the Cincinnati Bengals, and his father Robert Sr. and uncle Jumpy Geathers also played in the NFL.

His brother is a pretty good player, but imagine what kind of havoc a 6'8" DE could do?

I brought him up yesterday on the early entry thread. He's 6'8", 290#, comes from a family of NFL players, and was very productive for Clemson this year after being suspended the 1st game of the season for off-field problems. That will be a red flag and the 4th round is probably optimistic for him, but the talent is there. I think of him as a poor man's Corey Wootten with lots of upside who could be a terrific DE alternating between the 5-technique and 4-3 DE. I'd love to get him in the 5th or 6th round if he lasts, and if the FO is convinced that the red flags aren't too red.

I brought him up yesterday on the early entry thread. He's 6'8", 290#, comes from a family of NFL players, and was very productive for Clemson this year after being suspended the 1st game of the season for off-field problems. That will be a red flag and the 4th round is probably optimistic for him, but the talent is there. I think of him as a poor man's Corey Wootten with lots of upside who could be a terrific DE alternating between the 5-technique and 4-3 DE. I'd love to get him in the 5th or 6th round if he lasts, and if the FO is convinced that the red flags aren't too red.

The off the field incindet was a bar fight, who here wasn't in a bar fight, in college? I know I had a few. I can remember thinking of him, watching a few South Carolina games but did not think that he was going to come out. He could be a real steal in the later rounds. Easily worth a shot anytime after the 3rd round.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back