PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland Plain Dealer...Pioli or Mangini???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cleveland Plain Dealer... Pioli or Mangini???

There is no chance that a Pioli Mangini combo would be put together. Everybody from Kraft to the ball boy knows Mangini's complicity in the incident. Do you think Pioli wnats a backstabber as his coach. Aside from that, it would serve to burn any brdges that Cleveland might have with Belichick and upset Kraft.

Fans in Cleveland must be really estatic with the prospect of MangIdiot coming to town to restore confidence in the team. :rolleyes:

I take this simply as a need to satisfy Affirmative Action's requirement that they interview a fat white guy.

Last edited:

Pioli is Vice-President of Player Personal here. Jonathan Kraft is the President. Robert is the Chairman. I can see Scott wanting to go somewhere where he is the top dog. I thought at first that this could be a power play by Scott to see what more he could get out of the Pats. But the longer it goes on the more convinced I am he is leaving. I am also convinced the Pats have someone to replace him. I believe that very few people, if any, are indispensable. There is always somebody able to do the job. Who is to say that the next person won't do an even better job?

I expect that Cleveland will take pioli and josh, and pass on Crennel and Mangini.

Posters here hate all things associated with the jets, except players and coaches who come to the patriots. The hating of Mangini isn't really about spygate. As with most who have left, Mangini was a great coach when he was here. As soon as left, he became incompetent. That happened with Parcells. That happened with Law, Milloy and a dozen other players.

All other clubs and players are scrubs. This is a basic principal. Many posters here can't even imagine how someone could accept living in Cleveland when they have an opportunity to live in Boston. They ignore all negative comments by players of sports team regarding Boston.

The Browns are interviewing Josh, Mangini and Pioli. Crennel has offered to stay. The Browns could have all three if Mangini or Josh could accept being Assistant Head Coach plus being a coordinator, all under GM and Executive VP Pioli.

Pioli has deep roots to Cleveland as does Josh. Scotty has a serious choice to make.

Finally some think Pioli is very important to the patriots. Sometimes the same posters believe that he can easily be replaced by someone wit almost no experience, with little loss. If this is true, Pioli is NOT growing in his job. His job is done and it is time to move on an give the job to someone less experienced.

Last edited:
I would question whether Mangini was even a good defensive coordinator for the Pats when Crennel left. If memory aserves, Belichick had to spend a lot of time coaching the defense that season due to the passive play calling of Mangini. I think Mangini's defensive expertise was primarily in the lap top he stole when sneaked over to the Jets.

I would love to see Mangini working with Pioli, Crenel, and maybe Josh in Cleavland.
Only because it would lend credence to my position that Mangini did nothing wrong IE Spygate.

I think Ratgini has just a good chance of getting a position on the Pats staff as he does as being the nead coach for the Browns with Pioli as the GM>:rolleyes:

I would love to see Mangini working with Pioli, Crenel, and maybe Josh in Cleavland.
Only because it would lend credence to my position that Mangini did nothing wrong IE Spygate.

Magini is a fraud, all he does is copy BB in everything he does. Players see through that, he can't be phony and expect players to believe in him. The best thing he could have done when he got the job in NY was be himself, instead he tried to be BB Jr and failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

I always thought Mangini burned his bridges with the Patriots organization well before Spygate, what with the trying to recruit players and coaches to come with him to NY. Those tampering charges regarding Deion Branch aren't figments of our imagination.

Eric Mangini had very little to do with spygate (IMO), I doubt any of the Patriot staff/organization have any hard feelings towards Mangini other then taking a head coaching job within the Div.

Are you serious? The Patriots caught the Jets (under Mangini) up on the bridge at Gillette taping in 2006 and they simpley forced the camera man leave. Mangini catches the Pats the next year and he runs to the NFL security during another a@@ kicking by the Pats.

He blew the whistle on the Pats, and in turn every other team that practiced this very same method of filming from the field to gain an slight edge.

Now they all tape from the press box. Although Spygate was blown WAY out of proportion as America was tired of the Patriots dominating, Mangini is still a snitch.

Last edited:
I always thought Mangini burned his bridges with the Patriots organization well before Spygate, what with the trying to recruit players and coaches to come with him to NY. Those tampering charges regarding Deion Branch aren't figments of our imagination.
=====================================================

Good point.

Are you serious? The Patriots caught the Jets (under Mangini) up on the bridge at Gillette taping in 2006 and they simpley forced the camera man leave. Mangini catches the Pats the next year and he runs to the NFL security during another a@@ kicking by the Pats.

He blew the whistle on the Pats, and in turn every other team that practiced this very same method of filming from the field to gain an slight edge.

Now they all tape from the press box. Although Spygate was blown WAY out of proportion as America was tired of the Patriots dominating, Mangini is still a snitch.

==================================================

Nothing but biased speculation

There is no plausible way for Ratgini not to have been involved in snitching on the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes