PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland Plain Dealer...Pioli or Mangini???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
File under WTF can Lerner be thinking, seems as though he wants Pioli and Mangini also... would think if you are bringin in Pioli he could make these adult decisions.. this is getting way too dramatic..

Cleveland Browns like Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli, too. Can they get them both? - Cleveland Browns football NFL News - cleveland.com

But it's unknown if the two would be willing to work together after the Spygate scandal, so for the Browns, it might come to this: Do they hire the coach they love or the general manager they love?

If the Browns hire Mangini, knowing there is evidence that the coach is the biggest indicator of a franchise's success, he'd probably already have his own right-hand personnel man in mind. If they hire Pioli, he'd undoubtedly be given the authority to hire his own coach

One thing is certain: The Browns want their coach and GM in complete synch this time, so they'd let each man choose his partner. Pioli and Mangini were once close, but it is unknown exactly where they stand after the yearlong controversy over the Patriots' taping of the Jets' defensive signals.

Re: Cleveland Plain Dealer... Pioli or Mangini???

I think the Browns is NOT the best place for Pioli...or any SMART one...Mangini may take that..only place for him?? RAC will not go back...

If Pioli is still friendly with Ratface after what our team went thru then he can leave and go join Ratface for all I care.

Honestly, I have been thinking Pioli and Mangini would hook up somewhere, they would make a good team. Bring back RC as DC. The Browns could become a good team again.

Eric Mangini had very little to do with spygate (IMO), I doubt any of the Patriot staff/organization have any hard feelings towards Mangini other then taking a head coaching job within the Div.

How many former Pats coaches will the Browns go through before they find out it's just not going to work?

Honestly, I have been thinking Pioli and Mangini would hook up somewhere, they would make a good team. Bring back RC as DC. The Browns could become a good team again.

Eric Mangini had very little to do with spygate (IMO), I doubt any of the Patriot staff/organization have any hard feelings towards Mangini other then taking a head coaching job within the Div.

IMO he will forever be knows as a rat.

I doubt any of the Patriot staff/organization have any hard feelings towards Mangini other then taking a head coaching job within the Div.

:disagreement:

File under WTF can Lerner be thinking, seems as though he wants Pioli and Mangini also... would think if you are bringin in Pioli he could make these adult decisions.. this is getting way too dramatic..

Cleveland Browns like Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli, too. Can they get them both? - Cleveland Browns football NFL News - cleveland.com

This is a classic case of a team not doing their homework. They are looking to re-create another BB-Pioli tandem but what they haven't taken into account is how unclassy Magini handled the situation once he took the Jets job. He could have chosen to do things the right way like Dimitroff but instead he was trying to recruit people while leaving the facility and continued to do it once in place in NY and he also tried to steal computers and programs belonging to the Pats.

It's just a coincidence that spygate came about the first game of the NFL season in the Meadowlands after the Patriots absolutely spanked the Jets in the playoffs the year prior? Taping was said to be going on for 5+ years, so for it to come out just then was quite convenient.

This is a classic case of a team not doing their homework. They are looking to re-create another BB-Pioli tandem but what they haven't taken into account is how unclassy Magini handled the situation once he took the Jets job. He could have chosen to do things the right way like Dimitroff but instead he was trying to recruit people while leaving the facility and continued to do it once in place in NY and he also tried to steal computers and programs belonging to the Pats.

=======================================================
The stolen computer is all rumor and speculation, and as far as stealing coaches, BB did the same thing only on a larger scale when he left NY

The stolen computer is all rumor and speculation, and as far as stealing coaches, BB did the same thing only on a larger scale when he left NY

Name that wicked pissah big rivah in Egypt...C'mon you can say it!

It's just a coincidence that spygate came about the first game of the NFL season in the Meadowlands after the Patriots absolutely spanked the Jets in the playoffs the year prior? Taping was said to be going on for 5+ years, so for it to come out just then was quite convenient.

=====================================================

I think Tannenbaum ordered the hit, Mangini was busy coaching a football game.

Seriously, video taping and acquiring the other teams signals has been going on for ever. How would anyone of known that stopping the video taping during the Jets game would of led where it did.
A mountain out of mole hill all the way around.

Name that wicked pissah big rivah in Egypt...C'mon you can say it!

=================================================
Don't make this a battle of wits.:confused:

All I got is Mubarak?

Edit, Gwed straighten me out, lol, I don't get the accent, I thought you meant rival

Last edited:

=====================================================

I think Tannenbaum ordered the hit, Mangini was busy coaching a football game.

Seriously, video taping and acquiring the other teams signals has been going on for ever. How would anyone of known that stopping the video taping during the Jets game would of led where it did.
A mountain out of mole hill all the way around.

With ESPN around, I wasn't suprised. Whether Tannenbaum did it or not, Mangini made him aware that the taping was in progress. Either way, Mangini was the one that let the cat out of the bag.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, fellas!

I pray to my Gods (and there are several) that the Browns hire that Rat Bastard Mangini... and I am betting that the Steelers are praying for the same :)

With ESPN around, I wasn't suprised. Whether Tannenbaum did it or not, Mangini made him aware that the taping was in progress. Either way, Mangini was the one that let the cat out of the bag.

======================================================

What about the infamous Pats tape that had Herm Edwards waving towards the camera. Tannenbaum new about the Pats taping program before Mangini ever came aboard, Pats were taping in plain view, not hiding anything.

Lots of people thru out the league new about it, it wasn't a secret.

Nobody has proven that Mangini did anything wrong, and I have no proof that he didn't. Whether Mangini is the rat or not we can only speculate.

FWIW I know I hold a minority view on Mangini and understand I am bias, as are most Pat fans. Just the way I see things.

======================================================

What about the infamous Pats tape that had Herm Edwards waving towards the camera. Tannenbaum new about the Pats taping program before Mangini ever came aboard, Pats were taping in plain view, not hiding anything.

Lots of people thru out the league new about it, it wasn't a secret.

Nobody has proven that Mangini did anything wrong, and I have no proof that he didn't. Whether Mangini is the rat or not we can only speculate.

FWIW I know I hold a minority view on Mangini and understand I am bias, as are most Pat fans. Just the way I see things.

Yeah, there really isn't any evidence to support it at all. I know how Belichick thinks though and what he thinks of Mangini. I'm just saying that Mangini either did escalate it before that game or swung the axe himself.

No, wrong. Weis came over because he testified against Parcells.

Eric Mangini had very little to do with spygate (IMO) ...

Your opinion is ill-informed. Tubby Ratfink personally blew the whistle and then gloated while taking credit for it. Go back and read your hometown papers' accounts of how this went down.

Last edited:

Dimitroff, doing things the right way = great draft + team in playoffs w/rookie coach and QB

Mangini, doing things the other way = out of a job while being stabbed in the back by your GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots