PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland nov 2010

murphysbuddylove

On the Roster
Reaction score
We have already acquired tickets and are now searching hotels for a good group rate and potential party/gathering saturday night. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested in getting in on group rate or party. We'd love to find a Boston based sports bar in Cleveland area if possible but i'm unfamiliar with area so any help would be great. Hope we can take over Lebrons old city.

We have already acquired tickets and are now searching hotels for a good group rate and potential party/gathering saturday night. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested in getting in on group rate or party. We'd love to find a Boston based sports bar in Cleveland area if possible but i'm unfamiliar with area so any help would be great. Hope we can take over Lebrons old city.

Be prepared to be thoroughly unimpressed.

Yeah, there are NO Boston bars of any sort in the area. If my wife and I weren't ready to run at the first closer-to-NE job, I'd take advantage of that obvious void in the market.

Anyway, there's a small, organized group of local NE sports fans here in Cleveland. We meet up at bars to watch games, meet up at games, etc.

We've been contacted by someone who's notified us of a large contingent heading our way for the game in November. They wanted the skinny on where to meet up Saturday night and where to tailgate.

In short, I'll try to keep this thread updated on what is planned as we get closer to the date.

I'm thinking that the downtown Winking Lizard will be a good spot for Saturday night. It's the best sports pub-chain in the area, and it really deserves to be, with the best beer selection around (100+) and above average bar food. The only down-side is that it's rather small. The up-side is that downtown Cleveland is a ghost town at night, and they'll probably be happy to accommodate us.

As far as tailgating, I have no idea since I haven't been to a Browns game in the two years we've been here. I've heard the Browns' lot, and not the public lots, will be better, but I'll find out more.

See you in November.

Chris

Hope it winds up to be entertaining.

Meeg (Chris) I was the one who spoke to some people from your group. We have a good number from Rochester new york, indiana, nh-maine and our group. Saturday night we've booked the house of cues for a gathering. It will be 12 pp which includes all you can eat fajitas, mini tacos, chicken wings and moz stiks. I plan on finalizing everything with the house of cues on tuesday and then making up tickets and having people pay via paypal just so i get a headcount and don't lose money. Anyone else going to Cleveland who'd like to join the party or get in on our group hotel rate just email me at [email protected]. Title the email Pats at Cleveland. Talk to you all soon.

The hotel is Crowne Plaza Cleveland Downtown and i can send you in the right direction for the 89 a room group package.

We've got 17 rooms booked as of right now and a large group going to the saturday night party at the house of cues. Anyone else going and interested in the party pm me or email [email protected]. This is going to be a great weekend.

Going To Cleveland This Weekend: Anyone Else?

Heading to Cleveland this weekend with four buddies.
Any thing new going on with this group? Not sure of our plans over the weekend, yet. Are you guys still headed to House of Cues Saturday night?

More importantly, any plans for Sunday pre-game? (There's strength in numbers.) We were hoping to find a tailgate party that we could pay admission to with beer and food at the stadium, since we are flying out and won't have a car to properly tailgate. Maybe hit a bar first, before heading to tailgate. It would be good if we could gather a bunch of Pats fans for pre-game.

How was the party and tailgate? Any pictures posted?

I am from Pittsburgh and was going to head over to Cleveland for this game. Glad that I didn't. Hope you still had a good time, though.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back