PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clemson skill position players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Got a look at Clemson players over the weekend.

RB's Davis and Spiller are special, but the WR Aaron Kelly looks pretty good as well, (depending on how he runs).

Davis can bring it in the middle and he can also get outside if need be. He is not a great blocker and his hands are weak.

Spiller is fast. He likes to turn everything outside though and I wonder if he is tough enough to run it inside against the big boys. He also can not block well but he can catch. He is scary as a kickoff return guy.

Kelly is big (6'3" or so) and appears to have decent hands. His route running is not as crisp as I had hoped, but he has decent hands and can get open. He looks strong enough to get off the LOS against bump and run coverage. I am not sure how fast he is, but on the practice field he looked fast enough to be the #3 or #4 WR on an NFL roster.

I also was impressed by one of the safties of Clemson, but I did not get his name.

More after the game in a few weeks.

The safety you mention is Ken Hamlin. I do not know much about him but will watch this year. Seems that there are some good strong safeties in this class.
Perhaps we spend one of the seconds on one.

Thanks, Ochmed -- always appreciate your up-close-and-personal insights!

Thanks, Ochmed -- always appreciate your up-close-and-personal insights!

Thanks, our schedule this year is really good, a lot of SEC games though, I am really excited about this season. What a great way to start the season Alabma - Clemson with a great big Chick-Fil-A pregame party. That is called living well and eating well.

I'll keep everybody up to date on my observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes