Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cleared to go back to work

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by SmokeShowin, Nov 4, 2008.

1. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I went to the doc last Wednesday and he cleared me to go back to work Monday. I stopped in work Thursday and gave them the note. While I was talking to a few people My project manager comes out and asks to talk to me. We go into the conference room and he tells me that effective Monday I am laid off.

He said there is no work since the Army dropped a huge contract with one of our customers. He said they'll call me back when they get work in.

He said they didn't want to lay me off while I was out because they didn't want to f*ck up my insurance. And he said it went into effect Monday so I'd still be on the company health plan through November.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm sorry to hear that. I was layed-off from my last job on May and I'm on the bubble where I work now. 20 people got layed-off 2 weeks ago and I was surprised I wasn't cut then. My whole department is just living day to day at this point. And what's worse in MA is that you have to carry medical insurance now so that's one whole UI check a month gone. I don't want to get political here but, it is a political issue. With a D in the oval office D majority in the house and a punish business and investors menatlity MANY more lay-offs are coming. Many who voted for this today will be the victims of what they did.