PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton -> speculates <- Deion Branch back to NE [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
100% pure John Clayton speculation at its finest folks :D my post taken from the misleading thread.
Deion Branch has been a spotlight for speculation this off-season, as many fans are disappointed in his production since he's been here - Silvi asked John whether he thought the wide receiver would be moved this off-season as well.

"I think so - I think there is interest, if they play it right, to try and get some draft-choice compensation. Probably the best offer they're going branch bradyto get is from the New England Patriots - Tom Brady wants Deion back, and if that's the case, they may be willing to offer a 4th round pick to try to get him. Certainly, what they'd probably want to do, is get him to reduce his salary, which I think he would just to try to accommodate some kind of trade and get him back in that region."
Patrick Kerney Out? Deion Branch Back to NE? Clayton and Sando Weigh In - MyNorthwest.com

Last edited:
Re: Clayton -> speculates <- Deion Branch back to NE

The last thread based on this crap just disappeared and you had to start another???

Every hack out there is going to be speculating this over the next few weeks, might as well get used to it. Doesn't mean that there's anything to it- just that it's an easy story to tell, and doesn't require much thought to come up with.

Last edited:

It makes sense on alot of levels. Deion getting back to where he had success. we have need for WR depth and even if he isn't as good as his first tour here he knows the system and brady which was our biggest problem with WRs not named Moss and Welker.

But has one huge flaw - which is the way he left was not on the best circumstances - Certainly this wouldn't be a huge hurdle to overcome but either or both sides might not want to.

With that said I would love Deion back but not at his current price.

It's easy speculation - especially since Branch may very well be cut. I can't see them giving him his current salary plus a draft pick though, especially if Branch has lost his quickness.

If that's the case I don't see the point of bringing back Branch no matter what the price. Better to trade for an established WR.

Screw you Mr. Peabody.

Branch is not worth a 4th

100% pure John Clayton speculation at its finest folks :D my post taken from the misleading thread.

Patrick Kerney Out? Deion Branch Back to NE? Clayton and Sando Weigh In - MyNorthwest.com

Going back to the thread in question, it was followed by ????

Further in the post it was indicated that the information could not be confirmed at that time.. yes it was qualified speculation...and perhaps it was heard wrong, that is why the choice was made to delete it.

Comprende???

It makes sense on alot of levels. Deion getting back to where he had success. we have need for WR depth and even if he isn't as good as his first tour here he knows the system and brady which was our biggest problem with WRs not named Moss and Welker.

But has one huge flaw - which is the way he left was not on the best circumstances - Certainly this wouldn't be a huge hurdle to overcome but either or both sides might not want to.

With that said I would love Deion back but not at his current price.

Branch has been fine in Seattle, when he's on the field. The problem is that he is one of the most fragile players in the league, and no change of scenery is going to fix that.

what number would he wear?

I'll say here what I said in the other threads: if Branch is healthy, he would be better than Sam Aiken. However, that is a huge if. Branch has been more or less playing on one leg since he left New England. I'm not quite sure how much that is going to change.

You know the more I hear that Branch will never be the same after his injury the more my concern for Welker is

Not worth a 4th but maybe a 6th.

You know the more I hear that Branch will never be the same after his injury the more my concern for Welker is

Definitely warrants concern, but they're different types of injuries. Welker's knee, once fixed, has no inherent reason to become a chronic problem. The big issue with Branch's knee is that it's a chronic condition that's pretty much just going to continue deteriorating.

Last edited:

Would not be surprised in the least. Knees and type of cutting WRs do and all.

What it interesting is that in mid Jan 2008, Branch blew out his ACL. He was back on the practice field in June 09 and played his first game 10/05/08. Not a bad recovery time.

At any rate, there is some hope that WW can make it back for '10 and not be PUPed or IRed...

Last edited:
Branch to Patriots For a 4th Round Pick?

Ian's Daily Blog - John Clayton of ESPN appeared on a radio station in Seattle and discussed the topic of Deion Branch’s current*situation with the Seahawks, and talked about the Patriots as a possible destination for the veteran wide receiver if a trade came to fruition. According to Clayton New England quarterback Tom Brady would reportedly like to see Branch [...]

Would not be surprised in the least. Knees and type of cutting WRs do and all.

What it interesting is that in mid Jan 2008, Branch blew out his ACL. He was back on the practice field in June 09 and played his first game 9/27/09. Not a bad recovery time.

At any rate, there is some hope that WW can make it back for '10 and not be PUPed or IRed...

So he missed a year and a half? And that's a good thing?

We should toy with branch, getting him to pass up other opportunities saying we're working on something really big but we'll sign him to a good contract...then boom, tell him to get lost! Payback is a ***** and all.:rocker:

No way do we want that turd on our team.

Re: Branch to Patriots For a 4th Round Pick?

Ian's Daily Blog - John Clayton of ESPN appeared on a radio station in Seattle and discussed the topic of Deion Branch’s current*situation with the Seahawks, and talked about the Patriots as a possible destination for the veteran wide receiver if a trade came to fruition. According to Clayton New England quarterback Tom Brady would reportedly like to see Branch [...]

Given Branch's knees and general health issues is he even worth a 4th rnd pick in 2010?

So he missed a year and a half? And that's a good thing?

We should toy with branch, getting him to pass up other opportunities saying we're working on something really big but we'll sign him to a good contract...then boom, tell him to get lost! Payback is a ***** and all.:rocker:

No way do we want that turd on our team.

I screwed up. He got hurt on Jan 08. Played again Oct 08. Thats a 8 month recovery time. In 8 games, he had 41 catches. Not too shabby.

He did havea second knee surgery in the 09 offseason which forced him to miss a couple of games.

Too bitter, SAS.....Too bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back