PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Shaun Ellis deal worth $5M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Calyton: Ellis deal worth $5M

That's a lot of money, and speaks to how much the Jets were low-balling him. It's actually almost right on the spot of what I thought he might get when I was doing projections before free agency. Usually I'm way, WAY off. :p

ESPN NFL show today analyzed the Ellis signing and high price. Both analysts had Pats over-reaching $ wise, with one of the two analysts quoting un-named Jets players describing Ellis as their worst practice player. He went on to say the Vet Min offer by Jets to Ellis was in effect a banishment as Ryan/Jets felt Ellis would have negatively influenced the work ethic of their incoming crop of new players. Analyst #2 said Belichick won't mind if Ellis is not as good practice player player as he shows up and plays on Game days the way he has played in the past against New England.

Last edited:

ESPN NFL show today analyzed the Ellis signing and high price. Both analysts had Pats over-reaching $ wise, with one of the two analysts quoting un-named Jets players describing Ellis as their worst practice player. He went on to say the Vet Min offer by Jets to Ellis was in effect a banishment as Ryan/Jets felt Ellis would have negatively influenced the work ethic of their incoming crop of new players. Analyst #2 said Belichick won't mind if Ellis is not as good practice player player as he shows up and plays on Game days the way he has played in the past against New England.
Worst practice player on the team that purposely threw balls near a female reporter so guys could go closer to her?:eek:

Huge FU to jets..i love it

Ellis for $4 mil + 1 mil in incentives VS. Matt Roth for 3 mil/one year. Which one would you prefer?

Yeah I just watched that, here's a link to the video:

NFL Live: Impact of Shaun Ellis - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back