PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton said Culpepper talking to Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
just on espn, he said Culpepper was talking to Moss about joining up somewhere on the same team together. What a tool Culpepper is.

I heard that as well, and much like all the other rumors, it's 'unnamed sources'.

If Moss is thinking about rekindling his glory days with Culpepper, he's about as delusional as us thinking Willie Mac, Roman Phifer, Ty Law, & Lawyer Milloy are going to walk through the door and put the Pats over the top.

Why? If you were Culpepper you'd do the same thing. Why wouldn't a QB want to have Moss as a receiver?

John Clayton is now on the same level as National Enquirer reporters in my eyes.

Good reason for Moss to come back to NE!

I heard that as well, and much like all the other rumors, it's 'unnamed sources'.

If Moss is thinking about rekindling his glory days with Culpepper, he's about as delusional as us thinking Willie Mac, Roman Phifer, Ty Law, & Lawyer Milloy are going to walk through the door and put the Pats over the top.

agreed. i really hope Moss is not the one that initiated this conversation, thats about as dellusional as you can get.

Or he could come back to New England and play with Tom Brady. Hmm, tough decision.

This could have been a friend-friend phone call to discuss what's going on with each other's situation.
Considering how tight lipped the Pats & Moss have been on their negotiations, maybe Daunte & Randy were just catching up? Maybe Randy was curious to see if Daunte still had a chance to play for someone?

Everything beyond that, sounds like Clayton playing connect the dots while drunk.

Interesting

Randy Moss leaves Oakland and now he's talking to Culpepper about getting back together. The same guy who played for OAKLAND last year?

Hey, what happened to the "deep talks" with Green Bay?

Hard to believe any of this.

To be honest, I never really bought into the Patriots rap about Moss' character either.

They were way too insistent about it, from Belichick to Brady on down, almost as though they were trying to give him positive reinforcement.

I never bought it.

That doesn't mean I know the truth, but I just don't believe people when they are deliberately going out of the way to tell me something I should know.

If Moss really talked to Clayton on this, that tells me he is getting desperate. I don't think any SB contender will shell out $16-$20 mil guaranteed for a WR and Moss and his agent now understand that. It seems they maybe trying to open options to include non-contenders with no QB as well, if this is truly his though process and not something Clayton thought up in between drinks last night.

Interesting

Randy Moss leaves Oakland and now he's talking to Culpepper about getting back together. The same guy who played for OAKLAND last year?

Hey, what happened to the "deep talks" with Green Bay?

If you listened closely to Schefter last night, kinda like reading the fine print, there aren't any talks with Green Bay, deep or shallow, just he thinks it would be a way to lure the great one back and in that case it would be deep...

They had a former GM on who insisted that Ted Thompson takes a long view in GB and he isn't going to do anything like that for Favre any more than he would last year when they wanted Randy only if he came for less than a 4th and would sign a 2 year prove it deal (to coincide with Favre's worst case retirement ETA). Randy himself acknowledged that while Brett wanted him in 2007, the team really didn't. I doubt that has changed.

Clayton is a complete and utter moron. He really needs to go get the prescription in his glasses checked.

ESPN just said that Moss made the call to Culpepper, LOL. Has Randy Moss watched football in 3 years?

I'm as good of a QB as Culpepper now.

It doesn't make sense for Moss to sign with Culpepper on a rebuilding team.

There aren't many teams that would sign Culpepper, other than maybe the falcons.

I don't see Moss going to a rebuilding team, he wants a ring more than money. The 2007 was probably the closest he got to winning the superbowl. The giants won it on a freak play, not to say they did not play well. I see him coming back, the hold up is probably with the Pats FO not wanting to pay big money.

Let's hope Brady does not freak out after losing Moss. In my opinion losing Moss would be a big loss, but the Pats will get over it.

Maybe Culpepper is trying to organize a boat ride in june so everyone can get really f..ed up and bring along a few strippers.. maybe he is asking how his legal mess is working out for him.. Clayton is getting dumber by the minute..

*Brady jogs outside with his glove and baseball cap*

TB: Hey Randy, how's about you and me have a good game of cat-

*a suprised and slighty ashamed Randy gives a dissaproving look back at tom*

TB: A wha-what are you doing, m-m-man?

Moss: This is my new friend Daunte, we used to hang out with each other back in my old town….

TB: But, but I thought-

Daunte: Come on Randy. We're going to go hang out behind those old buildings back there.

Randy: I'm sorry Tom, I'm sorry.

*A satisfied pale figure with a “Clayton” nametag on his trench coat and top hat sneers in pleasure in the dark windy corners*

just on espn, he said Culpepper was talking to Moss about joining up somewhere on the same team together. What a tool Culpepper is.

Can't blame him ... he has sucked since he lost Moss :rofl:

The oddest thing about this is that, after Randy's last game as a Viking, Culpepper basically threw him under the bus and said, effectively, that they didn't want him around anymore. I guess Randy forgot that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes