PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: No deal is in place for Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clayton claims no deal is in place for Moss

It's 10 AM, da 29th, and no Moss signing yet. I am getting REAL REAL Scared now.

It's 10 AM, da 29th, and no Moss signing yet. I am getting REAL REAL Scared now.
No reason to be scared. I'd love to get Moss back but there's all kinds of ways to spend money wisely.

Today is the START of free agency, not the ONLY day they have to sign guys. There's certainly no requirement it has to be done by lunch. Some of you guys need to chill.

Clayton's a buzzkill....don't ever listen to him

The deal will get done today, no need to worry.

The deal will get done today, no need to worry.

Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

What I suspect is happening is that the Pats and Moss have agreed to a contract. The only question is price.

Pats said to Moss, "you see what offers you get, and we'll base what we give you on the average or highest or whatever of those offers. We won't tag you if you agree to this."

Moss says "cool, let's do it"

So, Moss is now listening to offers, which will be used to determine the terms of his contract, just as he and the Pats planned.

Bet you anything that is what's going on.

the funny thing is we have not hear about other teams talking to moss its all hush hush at this point.

Way back in the run up to the SB, when all the local TV stations were airing Pats programs, one of them said that an insider from the Pats' Front Office said if there was any truth to the Domestic Abuse charge, that they would not bring Moss back.

Don't remember which station or which reporter. Do remember they didn't name anyone from the Pats Organization, just an 'insider'.

Moss's court date is sometime in March.

If its true that they are concerned about what happened, then they may be waiting to sign him for the case to be dismissed, or for the Judge to rule against the woman.

Don't know if that means they haven't worked out a deal, or that they won't sign a completed deal till then.

Or of course this could have nothing to do with Moss and his deal.

This is a situation where Pats FO arrogance is making me nervous. The attitude "we can win the SB with the worst WR in the league" is something they need to shed really fast. I will remain hopeful that we will be seeing Moss for 3 more years. With Moss on the field and knowing that Matt Light and Hochstein are awake at least 50% of the game, this Pats team will be scoring 26-27 points+/game for for at least 2-3 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back