PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: No deal is in place for Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clayton claims no deal is in place for Moss

Aghhhhhhhhhh, to hell with it.

EFF it, if Moss leaves for money.......... screw him, he's not a man of his word and he can rot in some hellhole like Oakland again.

If he does sign and the Pats was just messing with everyone......... I'm sorry Randy, I didn't mean that. You're still the man and I still love you :rocker: :cool:

Last edited:

Wasn't Moss the one who wanted to be a Patriot in the first place????

Ponder that 1 for a while... and let it sink in.

If he chases the dough, then, you wouldn't want him in the first place.

It's really easy folks... REALLY easy.

Heres some great news on Moss.

1 hour in and teams already have meeting scheduled with DJ Hackett, Berrian. Smith and several other high name free agents. Yet nothing on Moss.

Weird coincidence? maybe.

Aghhhhhhhhhh, to hell with it.

EFF it, if Moss leaves for money.......... screw him, he's not a man of his word and he can rot in some hellhole like Oakland again.

If he does sign and the Pats was just messing with everyone......... I'm sorry Randy, I didn't mean that. You're still the man and I still love you :rocker: :cool:

If the Pats pay him close to what he's worth on the market there's no doubt he stays. The only reason I could see him leaving is if they expect him to play for a big discount.

If he chases the dough, then, you wouldn't want him in the first place.

There's no reason for him to chase the dough. The Pats just need to pay him what his performance is worth and it's one big happy family.

Last edited:

hope to god theres a reason!

Just because Clayton wants it to be true doesn't mean it is true.

Clayton also doesn't seem to get that the Pats couldn't renegotiate his contract until today if that renegotiation resulted in a cap/salary (not sure which) increase from 2007 to 2008...and it is likely any reasonable contract would do precisely that.

I'm not saying the Pats have a deal with Moss in the bank and are waiting to file it. I'm just saying that the renegotiation restrictions make this scenario at least possible...and Clayton is either hiding this ("Moss may leave! I'll update you 6 times a day!") or is oblivious. Either way, how the **** is this guy in the Hall of Fame?

If the Pats pay him close to what he's worth on the market there's no doubt he stays. The only reason I could see him leaving is if they expect him to play for a big discount.

I can't imagine they'd let that happen again. They'll make him a Patriot offer, if he wants to be one. He will be. If not, well...... He's gone and both will be worse for it - Us and Him.

Last edited:

Moss supposedly staying put...but I think this was around even before FA started? At least, I remember hearing it:

PFT

POSTED 1:00 a.m. EST, February 29, 2008

MOSS STAYING PUT?

Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that receiver Randy Moss is "signed, sealed, and delivered" to remain in New England.

There has been no official word from the team of any deal.

On Thursday, the Panthers emerged as an unlikely potential candidate for his services.

Clayton has zero idea of what is going on with the Pats. He is just stirring things up.

I have already prepared myself for the worst.

Moss is going to leave us, like AV did.

Moss will sign with the Colts(because that is the only team in the NFL that doesn't have a salary cap)

Bostonia, slap yourself right now for such thoughts, your making it harder for me to get off the net.

Again if anyone is that has less of a pulse on the Patriots , its espn, and espically John the crypt keeper clayton...

Clayton is reporting the Jets have Jenkins all but locked up...so we'll see if the Sherman lookalike is indeed fullabull

9349_320x240.jpg

crypt.jpg

eggjr0120.jpg

MrMackey.gif

LMFAO that is great just great wow I kinda feel bad for him he had to get picked on soo bad all thru highschool.
You just know he had to have a pocket protector and talk about his ant farm and experiments.

Clayton would probably be happy to report Moss not having a deal with New England. The Pats and Moss should get something hammered out.

clayton is definitely superchicken and he definitely has no clue about the pats.

Would you guys classify Moss as necessity or a luxury for this upcoming season?

On one hand, we can be successful without a legit #1 WR, plus not having the cap number that comes with a player of Moss's stature, discount or no discount.

On the other hand, how much is it worth to keep Brady happy?

Well it's basically the same as asking is LT a luxury for the Chargers in the upcoming season, when they have Turner? And I think the answer most Charger fans would give is no, he's a big part of their success.

I think the same could be said about Randy Moss and what he means to the Pats offense. I just wished the Pats had gotten him inked before the deadline. I'm sure some desperate team is going to sling 10M per year at Randy, and I have a feeling the highest the Pats are probably going to go is 8M, ie TO money.

It's not just about keeping Brady happy, it's about winning. And I think Randy Moss gives the Pats one of the best chances to keep doing so. Is there any way the Pats even get to 18-0 without the Randy Moss trade? I don't think so. True Randy wasn't the only piece to the puzzle last year, but he was a huge one. And his presence really opened it up for guys like Welker, Stallworth, and Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back