PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Moss not close to deal, entertaining other offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Latest on Moss from Clayton...

And the pats did not tag moss because he had that in his contract. They had all the silly you have to behave stuff so his agent had the cannot tag him clause. And that could be a good thing or a bad thing time will tell.

That's false. The Pats could have tagged Moss. There was no clause in Moss' contract that said they couldn't tag him. That was in Asante's contract.

Because the deadline for tagging already passed, unfortunately. I agree with you, though, that they should have just tagged him in the first place.

Thanks. I'm obviously not a tag expert!

Would you stfu already. Bob Kraft does NOT negotiate the contracts. That is the job of Pioli. If BB and Pioli feel that Gaffney, Moss and Stallworth aren't what this team needs to compete, who the hell are you to say otherwise. Other than an uninformed fan.

What you and all the other chicken littles fail to realize is that some players are just motivated by money. Regardless of how they actually play and regardless of how the team does. I don't know if Moss is like that. He says he's not. But his actions will be what defines him.

There's truth to what you're saying, BB and Pioli have more knowledge on these matters than the entire board combined. That being said, there's nothing wrong with questioning the FO, they aren't perfect, they've made mistakes in the past, one of which happened to be entering a season with a decimated WR corps. Also, even though many Pats fans live by "In Bellichick we trust", its no fun if every person on this board was blindly loyal to the point of never questioning the FO's decisions. Having differing viewpoints is what makes these forums engaging.

Clayton needs to make up his mind. Are they close or not? Then stick to it.

I've said it and will say it again, forget Clayton here!

Former teammate, friend and new ESPN analyst Chris Carter will break the news on this.

Last edited:
Havent others said Schefter confirmed this as well, or was that inaccurate?

Because the deadline for tagging already passed, unfortunately. I agree with you, though, that they should have just tagged him in the first place.

Tagging him might have pissed him off, and left him reluctant to sign a multi-year deal or even worse caused him to not report to camp, and go on a nasty public display of displeasure.

In a way, not tagging him was a good faith effort on the part of the Pats, which is making the fact Randy apparently has such a stick up his ass about this all the more baffling.

If the Pats had any indication that Moss did not want too come back, I am sure they would have tagged him. Even if he sat out for training camp, it is still better than losing him to another team. I am thinking that they are close, and the Pats seem to be clearing cap room.

The Pats defense, not the Moss-less 2006 Patriots offense, folded in crunch time, to deprive them of reaching SB 40. The Pats defense, not the Moss-led 2007 Patriots offense, folded in crunch time, to deprive them of winning SB 2007.

Belichick and Pioili will revert back to the time honored formula: Defense wins championships.

With Moss and the high-powered Patriots pass happy 2007 offense, the Pats in the end were the mirror image of the 2001 St. Louis Rams.

would moss go to tampa bay?

Step in, Tommy. I hope you're sending texts and leaving voice mails at a breakneck pace. Randy Moss cannot leave this town. He is one of my favorite players of all-time and needs to be remembered as a Patriot, especially since next year will be his first ring.

The Pats defense, not the Moss-less 2006 Patriots offense, folded in crunch time, to deprive them of reaching SB 40. The Pats defense, not the Moss-led 2007 Patriots offense, folded in crunch time, to deprive them of winning SB 2007.

Belichick and Pioili will revert back to the time honored formula: Defense wins championships.

With Moss and the high-powered Patriots pass happy 2007 offense, the Pats in the end were the mirror image of the 2001 St. Louis Rams.

The Moss-less 2006 Patriots offense couldn't run the ball in the 4th quarter of the 2006 AFCCG and turned the ball over to Peyton Manning with too much time on the clock. THAT's why they lost that game.

The Moss led Pats offense couldn't keep Brady upright and allow them to control the tempo of the game and couldn't score like they were used to doing. The coaching staff, for whatever reason, decided that running time off the clock wasn't important and that giving the ball back to Eli with 2:39 seconds, 3 time outs and the 2 minute warning was a better option.

If I recall, brady came out publicly and strongly in favor of the team retaining Deion Branch. Branch was traded anyways.

The organization does not make decisions simply to make Brady happy. You might not like that they don't, but they don't.

The Moss-less 2006 Patriots offense couldn't run the ball in the 4th quarter of the 2006 AFCCG and turned the ball over to Peyton Manning with too much time on the clock. THAT's why they lost that game.

That Moss-less team still managed over 30 points. The defense was the problem in that game, not the offense. Yes, Moss made this past year's team possibly the greatest in NFL history (besides the end result). But that result is all that matters, and it's perfectly obtainable without Moss.

Agreed. Acutually they were more like the 2004 Colts.

This is ridiculous!! Of course that Pats would be ok without Moss. But we are talking about the MOST DOMINANT QB-WR Combo in the history of the league!! Get the guy signed!!!!!

This is ridiculous!! Of course that Pats would be ok without Moss. But we are talking about the MOST DOMINANT QB-WR Combo in the history of the league!! Get the guy signed!!!!!

I dont think you can say that yet with any credability....

Also, you are all kidding yourselves if you think Welker would have the year he had without Moss on the outside being double teamed

You probably dont want to hear from me but I think you all should relax, you guys are still the cream of the crop even if you lose Moss. i expect him to look around for a day or two but then he will realize that he has the best QB in the league in Tom Brady, he has an organization committed to winning and he has the chance to win rings and make history for the near future. It will get done and even if it doesnt its not the end of the world for you guys. No other team in the AFC East has a starting QB with more then one year starting experience

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back