PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Moss not close to deal, entertaining other offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Latest on Moss from Clayton...

there is no way we loose both moss and stalworth, i agree brady is going to be pissed, he has to be part of this talk somehow, rember he said "me and randy are a package deal" not meaning brady would leave but it shows you how much he wants to keep playing with randy.

I recall Brady saying their a package deal.

there is no way we loose both moss and stalworth, i agree brady is going to be pissed, he has to be part of this talk somehow, rember he said "me and randy are a package deal" not meaning brady would leave but it shows you how much he wants to keep playing with randy.

If his coach has decided that the money needs to spent on defense to give the team the best chance of winning, the coach will tell him that, and Brady will live with that.

Brady and Belichick are much more of a "package deal" than Brady and Moss.

Thats a ******* joke if Moss leaves, what a kick in the sack. I'm starting to lose a lot of faith. No deal, and I doubt they're close, what the **** would be the hold up? If they lose Moss expectations go wayyyy down. Suddenly that return to the super bowl looks anything but easy.

what's up is the chance to get tens of millions more from another team. not saying it will happen, but with that kind of difference out there of course moss will entertain other offers

If his coach has decided that the money needs to spent on defense to give the team the best chance of winning, the coach will tell him that, and Brady will live with that.

Brady and Belichick are much more of a "package deal" than Brady and Moss.

Exactly. Like I said before it doesn't matter how many points the Pats put up because the old cliche still rings true in that defense wins championships. We never would have won three SB's without the great defense's we had. I miss those days to be honest. The blue collar pound the rock and play lights out defense mentality is something that I would like to get back to.

Last edited:

what's up is the chance to get tens of millions more from another team. not saying it will happen, but with that kind of difference out there of course moss will entertain other offers

Moss will command enough money to make him the highest paid WR in the NFL and rightfully so. If that Pats want to keep him then that's what they'll have to pay him.

Last edited:

heh....torch this pathetic thread

but we didn't win three SB's by spending like the Redskins and buying championships.

Yeah, we didn't win three SB's by spending.

The last three Super Bowls.

I know I'm the minority when I say this but I won't be all that sad if Moss leaves. This won't come close to the feeling I had when the Giants scored the final TD in the superbowl erasing the chance to make history. If Moss signs, great. If he doesn't, I won't lose sleep over this. However, I know Tom Brady will be pissed and it will turn into 2005 redo. I still think Moss will take a hometown discount or he will look like the biggest hypocrite in sports.

If Moss really wants that superbowl ring, he will stay in New England. No other team or QB will provide him that chance.

Last edited:

I'll be a bit more concerned if I hear about Moss scheduling a visit to other teams.
The Pats & Moss have had a few weeks to hash out a deal, if they were still that far apart, Moss should be capitalizing on the spending spree that happens in the first weekend of FA. Waiting does nothing to help him at all.

Jax has $$$ available and a decent qb, but they've already been picking up wr's left & right today.
If Moss were truly on the market, why wouldn't they make a run at him?
SD maybe, more because of all the talent on the team except at the qb position.

Jets, Bucs, Titans, etc..... all have less than stellar qb's.
Tenn has been awfully quiet thus far, maybe they're going to make a run @ Moss?

I'll be a bit more concerned if I hear about Moss scheduling a visit to other teams.
The Pats & Moss have had a few weeks to hash out a deal, if they were still that far apart, Moss should be capitalizing on the spending spree that happens in the first weekend of FA. Waiting does nothing to help him at all.

Jax has $$$ available and a decent qb, but they've already been picking up wr's left & right today.

Its only been one day so he really hasn't had much time to visit teams. He probably wanted to give the Pats most of today to see if they would match his contract.

It's the Jacksonville Jaguars. The organization that drafted Matt freakin Jones in the first round. They don't know how to run an organization and that's likely why they haven't made a move for Moss. I don't know. All I do know is what's reported and that is that Randy is talking with other teams. That alone is enough to make me worry at least a little. But whatever happens happens and the Pats will still be right there in the mix come January 2009.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3271409

Clayton says,
"As a free agent, Moss is available to the highest bidder. He would like to stay in New England with Tom Brady, but he could be available for the right offer. It is not known how many teams and which teams contacted him."

Wow, revelation. Yes as an UFA he is available. If he had any inside info he would say who and when the visits will take place. He is grasping here.

Its only been one day so he really hasn't had much time to visit teams. He probably wanted to give the Pats most of today to see if they would match his contract.

What I'm saying is, if he & the Pats were far apart, then he should be scheduling visits to other teams now, and we'd be hearing about those on espn or nfln.. All the big spending happens now.

Asante had interest from plenty of teams, and got close to his ~$10m per deal on day 1.

Everyone knows the ball park figure Moss can get, just by going off what the big wr contracts are already.

If Moss is looking to squeeze the Pats for as much as other teams will offer him, then he's: a. not a man of his word, and b. barking up the wrong tree.

Imho, they'd have to be significantly undercutting him, for Randy to look elsewhere.

Maybe the Pats aren't guaranteeing enough of the $$$, and leaving in too many incentives.

My question is if they really are far apart, why not slap the tag on him until it's settled?

My question is if they really are far apart, why not slap the tag on him until it's settled?

Can they still tag him?

Because the deadline for tagging already passed, unfortunately. I agree with you, though, that they should have just tagged him in the first place.

He's saying that Randy Moss and the Patriots are actually not close to a deal, and Randy's starting to listen to offers from other teams....

Clayton can't make up his mind. 4 hours prior to Seb starting this post, Clayton was saying that it was near a done deal.

Well I would certainly agree with that.....If Kraft DECIMATES his WR corps by not re-signing anyone.....he is missing it.....I am sure he is aware by now....YOU NEED TO SPEND money to MAKE money.........signing Moss....WILL BRING IN F'ING REVENUE Robert!!!!!

They probably should have tagged him in hindsight....because now they are up a f'in free agency river without a paddle.........wow.....

Would you stfu already. Bob Kraft does NOT negotiate the contracts. That is the job of Pioli. If BB and Pioli feel that Gaffney, Moss and Stallworth aren't what this team needs to compete, who the hell are you to say otherwise. Other than an uninformed fan.

What you and all the other chicken littles fail to realize is that some players are just motivated by money. Regardless of how they actually play and regardless of how the team does. I don't know if Moss is like that. He says he's not. But his actions will be what defines him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back