PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Moss not close to deal, entertaining other offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Latest on Moss from Clayton...

Well, it looks as if ESPN was WRONG about Faneca to the Jets. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong about Moss.

I'm not gonna believe anything until either Schefter or Glazer or someone other than ESPN corresponds with Moss. All we have is Clayton saying no Moss and other reports saying they're close.

Put me down for not believing someone's giving Clayton accurate information every five minutes.

Clayton needs to make up his mind. Are they close or not? Then stick to it.

they must of agreed not to franchise him when they got him last year, otherwise i would of thought the deal would be in place, but all we are hearing is what clayton has to say, where does he get his information?

Until we know what the Pats offered, we don't know that. If their offer is say, 3/18 with a 10 mill bonus, then we cant blame him at all for leaving. This isnt Deion Branch.

You do realize with that $10M bonus it would equal out to about a $28M total contract over three years, and $9.3M per? Also, it's not really about bonus money anymore, but "guaranteed" money. I'm sure the Patriots would give him more than $10M guaranteed.

Deion Branch got $39M over 6 years, or $6.5M per.

Unless Clayton says Moss or his agent told him they were not close, then I wouldn't believe it. I am confident a deal will get done. But, I was also confident the Giants wouldn't score on the last drive. We will all know soon enough.

What if the situation is changing?

I understand there's something we all want to be true, and then there's what is true, and right now these two things do not appear to be the same.

It's 7:00 p.m. on free agency day. Our guy is a free agent. A true free agent. Who knows what he'll decide is more important after he hears what others have to say, or how quickly. But it is what it is.

Well, it looks as if ESPN was WRONG about Faneca to the Jets. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong about Moss.

I'm not gonna believe anything until either Schefter or Glazer or someone other than ESPN corresponds with Moss. All we have is Clayton saying no Moss and other reports saying they're close.

LOL, and Schefter was just on NFLN reporting the same thing just now. Only Schefter added that the Sandiego Chargers were looking to court him.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

LOL, and Schefter was just on NFLN reporting the same thing. Only Schefter added that the Sandiego Chargers were looking to court him.:rolleyes:
The NFL Network is playing a replay of the scouting combine until 7 and has been since 4.

f u roidney

NFTA comes on at 7...

The NFL Network is playing a replay of the scouting combine until 7 and has been since 4.

Uh, it was on a little segment that airs during commercial called NFL Network Now. Geez, don't any of you have NFLN? Don't shoot me, I was only passing it along. Get grip people. If he goes he goes, what can be done?

Last edited:

Well we will find out now, if shefeter says there is doubt , then Im worried..

T-minus 3 hours until:

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots and Randy Moss are back to being close to a deal and should have a deal done shortly unless they go back to not being close to a deal in which case Moss will accept offers in an effort to get back to being close to a deal with the Patriots.

T-minus 3 hours until:

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots and Randy Moss are back to being close to a deal and should have a deal done shortly unless they go back to not being close to a deal in which case Moss will accept offers in an effort to get back to being close to a deal with the Patriots.

:D

Now im starting to worry...

I look at it this way. No matter what Randy does, I won't hold it against him. The Pats are foolish to not open their wallets for him but we didn't win three SB's by spending like the Redskins and buying championships. And lets face it, Pioli hasn't drafted well lately. I think it's time to get back to that. We need to rebuild this defense because no matter how many points you put up, defense still wins championships and we all should know this. Randy is not old but he's no spring chicken and this could possibly be his final big payday. Who could blame him for wanting every dime he could get? He just broke Jerry Rice's record. He disappears in the playoffs and do we really need a guy like that? We need a freakin' defense which is why I'm more concerned about our secondary. I hope Rodney can stay healthy because it's looking pretty bleak. We have the seventh pick in the draft and the money we'd save by letting Moss walk might be helpful in the long run. I know I'm speaking blasphemy and to be honest I want Randy back just as much as the rest of you. However, the Pats whether you want to admit it or not have once again shown their arrogance and probably did in fact low ball another player. We don't know much right now and won't until something gets done. The Pats better make a move though if Randy is that important to them because he won't be out there for long.

Last edited:

Did Schafter say something? Yes, I know it's Schefter.

He is open to other offers, and its not a sinch that we will get Moss.. The market will set itslef.. I heard that line before, and it was with Adam Vinateri.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back