PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: "Growing chance" Pats will sign Moss [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss "Growing Chance" he signs with Pats (Clayton)

Adam Schefter has already reported that the deal is moving toward completion. His info is always superior to lil' Cryptkeeper.

My guess is that lil CK is trying to keep up.

Right. Schefter WORKS for the NFL and the NFL has ununwritten rule that they use the network to break big news so they build their product (NFL Network) - Even the agents are pushed to break news with Schefter.

Schefter wants you believe that he's da Man with all the contacts, when in reality he's just a reporter who's given a script.

The Cryptkeeper is a total hack. He's just regurgitating what everyone else says.

Wait for Piloi and Co. to announce, THAT's when we can all be happy.

Is it possible that Moss is "helping" the Pats by waiting to sign so that they can pursue other free agents? They may be able to structure his contract to "fit" within the cap and do some creative signing bonustuff.??? I am not an expert on how the cap works, but it seems like there is a potential way that Moss and the team have already agreed on guaranteed money and are waiting for other players to join the fold.

Is it possible that Moss is "helping" the Pats by waiting to sign so that they can pursue other free agents? They may be able to structure his contract to "fit" within the cap and do some creative signing bonustuff.??? I am not an expert on how the cap works, but it seems like there is a potential way that Moss and the team have already agreed on guaranteed money and are waiting for other players to join the fold.

That would be great...and could be a possibility. He said several times that he was dreaming because he was playing for the Patriots...

Re: most recent news regarding moss.

Thats ******* crazy. I really hope he co.ems cheaper then that but whatever.

The light is dawning for Clayton. Perhaps he understands that the fact that Moss's agent isn't out there making noises with other organizations might, just might mean that Moss is still in the Pats camp! Clayton is such a joke!
Yes he is. In fact we should have a stickied thread titled "John Clayton is an Idiot who hasn't the most superficial knowledge of football either as a game or a business".

John Clayton =
beaky-buzzard.jpg

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2008/02/29/is_there_a_catch_with_moss_/

Finally, some good news where the team is concerned yesterday, as Tedy Bruschi put the clamps on any more retirement talk by signing a multiyear deal with the Patriots. But while the team couldn’t end the month any better than announcing that Moss has signed a long-term deal, that, so far, has yet to happen, and its delay has some thinking that perhaps his return isn’t the slam dunk everyone once thought.

A deal done behind closed doors has been rumored for the past week now, ever since the team elected not to place the dreaded franchise tag on their star wide receiver. But the reality is, Randy Moss is right now a free agent. Who’s to say that one team won’t come out of the blue with a monumental offer before he puts ink to paper in Foxborough?

My guess is that Pioli told Moss and his agent "I know this offer is less than you're worth, but some people on this team have to sacrifice money, and after Tom Brady you're the #2 candidate to do that, as you've been gracious enough to point out all along."

And Moss's team said "Yeah, we still mean that, but we'd like to check exactly how much money we're really sacrificing if we take that offer."

That basic scenario fits all the reporting I know of, and makes sense as well.

Clayton is the biggest joke going. Sid Hartman the most respected football guy in minnesota, said it was a done deal. Clayton contradicts that. Then a few hours later says, "now it's going to get done." Fool has no sources and is just guessing, same bullshi t he pulled during the Deion branch fiasco that cost him his credibility with this fan FOREVA.

Didn't we know this from a member of the board like...2 days ago?

To translate from Clayton speak, jeezus, he isn't visiting anywhere and his agent is not returning mediot calls like a guy trying to shop his client and the JAGS signed Porter, so...

I posted that 3 year, $30 million deal. Heard it from someone on another site who owna a company that has connections to agents and players, or so he says.

Just heard on ESPN Moss and Patriots cant come to an agreement.

:(

Sad if they get this right.

And he is visiting other teams..:mad:

Wow, how the mighty have fallen. What a ******* bomb shell this month could be. Losing the super bowl and possibly Moss? :[ All this on/off stuff is killing me, wanna ignore it but i'm just to curious.

adam schefter is reporting that he is shoping now.

adam schefter is reporting that he is shoping now.

Well that's it. Say goodbye to Moss. Once he starts shopping he ain't walking back in that door.

I hope we really beef up the defense if we let moss walk, and it makes me sick were getting no compensation.

My guess is that Pioli told Moss and his agent "I know this offer is less than you're worth, but some people on this team have to sacrifice money, and after Tom Brady you're the #2 candidate to do that, as you've been gracious enough to point out all along."

And Moss's team said "Yeah, we still mean that, but we'd like to check exactly how much money we're really sacrificing if we take that offer."

That basic scenario fits all the reporting I know of, and makes sense as well.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/03/randy_moss_anal.html

The latest from Mike Reiss is very much in line with what I said. See in particular the last paragraph, offered as analysis.

So the only way to reach a resolution is for Moss to explore the open market and see if he can find a better deal. If he doesn't, he can come to a better comfort level with what the Patriots are offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes