Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some of the text from his blog:

Brees or Culpepper in Miami?
posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Drew Brees saga dragged on when he left New Orleans on Sunday afternoon and flew to Miami after promising Dolphins coach Nick Saban that he would pay a visit.

Brees seems firm in wanting a $10 million-a-year contract after turning down a six-year, $50 million free-agent offer from the Chargers. The Saints are the closest to meeting the quarterback's demands. The Dolphins aren't offering as much in guarantees as New Orleans, and they seem to have dug in on not doing that with Brees coming off shoulder surgery.

Brees is the top choice of the Dolphins but not for the guarantees he is seeking. He might be able to get them from the Saints.

Nick Saban may have to hold off until Monday to make a decision on this front. Here's the situation: He can sign Brees or he can trade for Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings aren't as adamant about asking for a second-round choice that could upgrade to a No. 1, but they want a second-round draft pick. They won't let Culpepper have a doctor's visit with the Dolphins, only allowing him to talk on the phone with Miami. The Dolphins are holding up the bulk of their aggressive offseason work until they resolve their quarterback situation. In the next 24 hours, their quarterback will be either Culpepper or Brees.

________

Either way, that would really suck. :(

I wish somehow they got neither...am starting to hate that team even more!!!
I'd go with Culpepper...as to who I hope they get..I think he can be beaten a lot easier than Brees..although he hasn't really done all that much...Is there a way both could go to other clubs?? Who will grab more money from the Fins??
If one may be more of a drain..I might go with them...I agree..sucks..

On the surface it seems crazy that Brees is actually considering New Orleans but given the uncertainty of how he will bounce back from injury, I think he's smart to seek out as much guaranteed money as he can. Also, I don't think NO is as far from competing as people think- Aaron Brooks was just a bad QB.

please miami get Culpepper.. we will be gauranteed at least 4 fumble recoveries per season frm the phins.. lol

This AM Clayton was leaning with Brees in NO..only because of that 10 mill gurantee that Brees wants..Culpepper would go to Miami..but there might be a problem there..strangest situation would be if Brees goes to Fins..Culpepper may stay in Minnie..and Leinart wouldn't go to NO if Brees is signed so..that opens up Tenn to get Leinart..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back