PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Classy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot lifer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am so sick of the term "classy" being thrown around so frequently, liberally, and inappropriately (by the media and by any and all fans). For one, there is no such thing as class in football. It is a violent and aggressive sport. How does class fit that description in any way? If you've played organized football or even watched a game for that matter, you should know that. Everyone is confusing sportsmanship with classiness. I'll reiterate. It's called sportsmanship! If Ellis Hobbs is celebrating too much after a game, it's poor sportsmanship. If LT bitterly rips another team in a post-game press conference, it's poor sportsmanship. Where does class magically float into the picture?

The way the word is thrown around, you'd think it was apart of football terminology. And if you're refferring to a football organization (as having no class), it's called bad PR--not poor class. I wish this memo could be sent around the nation and Stickied to every messageboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back