PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classy Bills Fans at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am waiting in the checkout line in the Supermarket when I noticed a Althon Pro Football Annual for this years. I glanced through it and this is what they said about the Buffalo Bills.

Nothing the Bills did in the offseason indicates that they are ready for a major step up in the AFC. (paraphrased by me)

I guess someone agrees with me.

Wow so if one magazine says that it clearly must be true. Thats it might as well sell the season tix...

You truely are an idiot :bricks:

I'm not even going to waste my time digging up the numerous off season publications that have said they have made great off season moves

Wow so if one magazine says that it clearly must be true. Thats it might as well sell the season tix...

You truely are an idiot :bricks:

I'm not even going to waste my time digging up the numerous off season publications that have said they have made great off season moves

Oh dear me, did I get you all upset?

Yes it is true, I value your opinion of my posts so much that I will....

do absolutely nothing at all.

Well, doing nothing at all would include never posting again, so I suppose that's a step in approximately the correct direction.

Well, doing nothing at all would include never posting again, so I suppose that's a step in approximately the correct direction.

I'd say stop feeding the trolls but... can you really troll your own team's message board? :confused:

"All three of their Super Bowl victories are shams and should be stripped"..............this coming from a fan of a team that lost not one, not two, not three, but four strait Super Bowls.

If my team was as inept as that and I lived in Buffalo in my parents basement, I'd have a hair across my ass too......................

I lived in Buffalo during the Kelly/Levy era as I was going to school there (Univ. of Buffalo). Basically, I got to know their fans in general really well. In my experience with NFL cities (Boston, NYC, Baltimore and fans of the Panthers to a lesser extent) I found Bills fans to be unique. While alot of teams fans have a fatalistic outlook every year and usually are quick to point fingers at coaches, management and/or players, Bills fans have a different approach. Every year there is rabid optimism, but when the wheels come off on the much anticipated season is when it gets really interesting. When the Bills lose, the whole town goes into denial. The refs sucked and must have been paid off, the other team got ALL the calls, they got away with everything, they cheated, etc. and all sorts of other conspiracy theories usually abound. Living amongst the Bills fan base from a fan's perspective, was like having to deal with a bunch of kids that will just make up stories in order to try explain failure and why it was unfair. What is really funny, is that the stories become even more one sided as time passes and details are forgotten or simply changed to meet the agenda. This cameragate thing is like some sort of god send to Bills fans, Buffalo is now a whine-free zone (look out if you go to a game there). Just go to the Bills website, its pretty funny. My favorite is the "class" issue. As if people living in and around an economic toilet have some sort of moral pedigree? Buffalo describes itself as a blue collar town, only thing is most of the blue collar jobs left 30+ years ago leaving a small market post industrial town to live on NY State's welfare (basically). Out of the top 100 metro areas in the country, Buffalo is one of the poorest with a bleak future, negative population growth rate not much to offer. So, taken in context of its current economic standing and in relation to the Bills failure to make the playoff for 8 years....what else should we expect from Buffalo? I dont even care to go to a game there anymore, hole for a stadium and half filled with economically deprived fans liquored up on the cheapest swill they can find? No thanks, I'll stay in classless Foxboro.

I lived in Buffalo during the Kelly/Levy era as I was going to school there (Univ. of Buffalo). Basically, I got to know their fans in general really well. In my experience with NFL cities (Boston, NYC, Baltimore and fans of the Panthers to a lesser extent) I found Bills fans to be unique. While alot of teams fans have a fatalistic outlook every year and usually are quick to point fingers at coaches, management and/or players, Bills fans have a different approach. Every year there is rabid optimism, but when the wheels come off on the much anticipated season is when it gets really interesting. When the Bills lose, the whole town goes into denial. The refs sucked and must have been paid off, the other team got ALL the calls, they got away with everything, they cheated, etc. and all sorts of other conspiracy theories usually abound. Living amongst the Bills fan base from a fan's perspective, was like having to deal with a bunch of kids that will just make up stories in order to try explain failure and why it was unfair. What is really funny, is that the stories become even more one sided as time passes and details are forgotten or simply changed to meet the agenda. This cameragate thing is like some sort of god send to Bills fans, Buffalo is now a whine-free zone (look out if you go to a game there). Just go to the Bills website, its pretty funny. My favorite is the "class" issue. As if people living in and around an economic toilet have some sort of moral pedigree? Buffalo describes itself as a blue collar town, only thing is most of the blue collar jobs left 30+ years ago leaving a small market post industrial town to live on NY State's welfare (basically). Out of the top 100 metro areas in the country, Buffalo is one of the poorest with a bleak future, negative population growth rate not much to offer. So, taken in context of its current economic standing and in relation to the Bills failure to make the playoff for 8 years....what else should we expect from Buffalo? I dont even care to go to a game there anymore, hole for a stadium and half filled with economically deprived fans liquored up on the cheapest swill they can find? No thanks, I'll stay in classless Foxboro.

This sums up my feelings exactly, thank you Stephen, I have noticed this every year occurring on Bills Websites, it must be really hell to be up there and experience it off line and in the real world.

Well the Bills fans have stopped talking about the Patriots, what is their new hot topic? Trying to justify Lynch's action in a hit and run case, currently they are ripping into the victim who may been taking some legal action.

What a class act those Bills fans are, if Lynch played for the Patriots they would be screaming for his head.

What's bizarre about this post is that at the time you were there, those optimistic fans had every right to be optimistic.

You say you were there during the Jim Kelly years?

Correct me if I'm wrong: they had a good team during the Jim Kelly years.

And also, if you went to school at U. Buffalo, that means that you like 99% of UB students never made it to Buffalo. Instead, you lived in Amherst which resembled every strip mall town in America.

You also know little about NY State economics. State welfare? If Buffalo could cut ties with NY, things would improve instantly. Hundreds of millions of dollars from Buffalo's power authority are used for public housing in New York City. By law, 1/3 of that money is supposed to stay in Buffalo, but the pols don't make waves because the state is dominated by downstaters.

I've lived in Providence, New Haven, Boston, Albany, Manhattan. Buffalo is a beautiful city with great architecture and housing stock that compares to (and BEATS) all of these. Down and out economically it's on the upswing, as are many cities across the nation.

A lot of your info on Buffalo is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
I thought it was hilarious when the Pats were running it up on the Bills on Sunday night football last year and the camera panned into the crowd showing an angry Bills fan. He looked like he wanted to kill Belichick and eat his children.

If anybody can find that snap shot, that'd be great.

I thought it was hilarious when the Pats were running it up on the Bills on Sunday night football last year and the camera panned into the crowd showing an angry Bills fan. He looked like he wanted to kill Belichick and eat his children.

nobody cares what you think aqua. go find a phin board loser.

Yeah, it was all over the forum a couple of months back. Haven't seen it in a while though.

What's bizarre about this post is that at the time you were there, those optimistic fans had every right to be optimistic.

You say you were there during the Jim Kelly years?

Correct me if I'm wrong: they had a good team during the Jim Kelly years.

And also, if you went to school at U. Buffalo, that means that you like 99% of UB students never made it to Buffalo. Instead, you lived in Amherst which resembled every strip mall town in America.

You also know little about NY State economics. State welfare? If Buffalo could cut ties with NY, things would improve instantly. Hundreds of millions of dollars from Buffalo's power authority are used for public housing in New York City. By law, 1/3 of that money is supposed to stay in Buffalo, but the pols don't make waves because the state is dominated by downstaters.

I've lived in Providence, New Haven, Boston, Albany, Manhattan. Buffalo is a beautiful city with great architecture and housing stock that compares to (and BEATS) all of these. Down and out economically it's on the upswing, as are many cities across the nation.

A lot of your info on Buffalo is just plain wrong.

I'm Wrong?

News from
Assemblymember
Sam Hoyt
144th Assembly District

Buffalo to Receive Record State Aid
Hoyt announces $16M (10.5%) increase in state aid and $10M "spin-up"
April 3, 2008
Albany – Assemblymember Sam Hoyt (D-Buffalo, Grand Island) today announced the Budget will grant historic levels of state aid to the City of Buffalo.

Under a budget bill to be adopted within the next 24 hours, Buffalo will receive a record $171.7 Million in state aid for fiscal year 2008-09. This represents a net increase of $16 million dollars over Fiscal year 07-08 and a 10.5% increase in year-to-year aid. The total aid also represents an increase of $2.7 Million over the former Governor's proposed budget released in January. One budget bill dealing with this issue is expected to be voted on later today, while a second bill dealing with this matter will be considered separately.

In addition to the record aid, the Assembly also secured a $10 million "spin-up" which will advance $10 million in State Aid to the City of Buffalo during the current fiscal year. The spin up will help the City deal with differences between the City and State fiscal year.

Hoyt said, "I am proud that our work here in Albany means Buffalo will get a major boost in revenue. As the senior member of the Buffalo delegation to the Assembly, and as a member of the conference committee that allocates aid to the City of Buffalo I could not be happier about these historic levels of aid. The Governor and the Speaker should be commended for maintaining their commitments to the City of Buffalo."

Hoyt stressed, "As we finish the budget process, I will continue to fight for my constituents to address many other pressing needs in my Assembly district and in our City."

Buffalo is such an economic hole in NY States wallet that it has been known at the assembly as "Buffahole" for years. I suggest you check your research before putting your biased "opinion" out there. BTW, where are you from and where do you call home?
Also, I lived in the University Heights and down by Buf State when I was in Buffahole. I know the town and I know the people/fans.
You gave yourself away with "I've lived in Providence, New Haven, Boston, Albany, Manhattan. Buffalo is a beautiful city with great architecture and housing stock that compares to (and BEATS) all of these." Which is a joke :singing:
Buffalo is and has been an economically depressed area for decades; thus a much lower income fan base does effect the personality of the crowd, its inevitable. I've been to games at Buffalo and games at Foxboro, who are you trying to fool? Not to acknowledge the obvious difference is a bold faced lie.

And for those who misinterpretted: every team has its fanatics and deniers, but the Bills have an inverse proportion where MOST of the fans fit the description as opposed to a small minority. The Bills were a good team when I was there, but I still have contact with plenty of Bills fans and the mentality remains unchanged 15 years later.

I'm Wrong?

News from
Assemblymember
Sam Hoyt
144th Assembly District

April 3, 2008
Albany – Assemblymember Sam Hoyt (D-Buffalo, Grand Island) today announced the Budget will grant historic levels of state aid to the City of Buffalo.

Under a budget bill to be adopted within the next 24 hours, Buffalo will receive a record $171.7 Million in state aid for fiscal year 2008-09. This represents a net increase of $16 million dollars over Fiscal year 07-08 and a 10.5% increase in year-to-year aid. The total aid also represents an increase of $2.7 Million over the former Governor's proposed budget released in January. One budget bill dealing with this issue is expected to be voted on later today, while a second bill dealing with this matter will be considered separately.

In addition to the record aid, the Assembly also secured a $10 million "spin-up" which will advance $10 million in State Aid to the City of Buffalo during the current fiscal year. The spin up will help the City deal with differences between the City and State fiscal year.

Hoyt said, "I am proud that our work here in Albany means Buffalo will get a major boost in revenue. As the senior member of the Buffalo delegation to the Assembly, and as a member of the conference committee that allocates aid to the City of Buffalo I could not be happier about these historic levels of aid. The Governor and the Speaker should be commended for maintaining their commitments to the City of Buffalo."

Hoyt stressed, "As we finish the budget process, I will continue to fight for my constituents to address many other pressing needs in my Assembly district and in our City."

Buffalo is such an economic hole in NY States wallet that it has been known at the assembly as "Buffahole" for years. I suggest you check your research before putting your biased "opinion" out there. BTW, where are you from and where do you call home?
Also, I lived in the University Heights and down by Buf State when I was in Buffahole. I know the town and I know the people/fans.
You gave yourself away with "I've lived in Providence, New Haven, Boston, Albany, Manhattan. Buffalo is a beautiful city with great architecture and housing stock that compares to (and BEATS) all of these." Which is a joke :singing:
Buffalo is and has been an economically depressed area for decades; thus a much lower income fan base does effect the personality of the crowd, its inevitable. I've been to games at Buffalo and games at Foxboro, who are you trying to fool? Not to acknowledge the obvious difference is a bold faced lie.

And for those who misinterpretted: every team has its fanatics and deniers, but the Bills have an inverse proportion where MOST of the fans fit the description as opposed to a small minority. The Bills were a good team when I was there, but I still have contact with plenty of Bills fans and the mentality remains unchanged 15 years later.

Someone must not have gotten laid much during their time in college in Buffalo ;)

I'm Wrong?

News from
Assemblymember
Sam Hoyt
144th Assembly District

April 3, 2008

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. A city receives state revenue. Big deal. So does Manhattan, much more per capita than Buffalo does. That's a fact. That makes New York an economic headcase, in your book, right?

Trust me, people would LOVE for Buffalo to cut ties with New York, because the federally guaranteed energy resources up here would make the region into a goldmine, instead of having Albany take it and dole it out to people in the Capital Region, or else sell it fund public housing in Manhattan. We're talking hundreds of millions of dollars there. Not to mentino onerous tax laws that are ONLY appropriate for Manhattan, yet the rest of the state has to abide by them.

Your ignorance of Buffalo is easily proven. You ridicule me for saying Buffalo's architecture takes a back seat to none of these northeastern cities. The fact is, it doesn't.

I'm not the only one who says so:

http://purecontemporary.blogs.com/behind_the_curtains/2006/10/frank_lloyd_wri.html

Buffalo was a huge boomtown, one of the richest in the United States, at the turn of the last century when the first hydropower electric projects started here. That's the exact period that coincided with America's greatest public planning and architectural movements, as Frank Lloyd Wright spent more time here than anywhere else outside Chicago. Frederick Law Olmstead called it the best planned city in the world, with parkspace, waterfront, and roads and neighborhoods. Arts & Crafts architecture was huge here at the time, HH Richardson, it goes on and on. The other cities I listed can't beat Buffalo in this. It's that simple.

And I've lived in all of those cities.

Most of the Patriots fans here will tell you that they have a great time at Buffalo games with no one getting into any trouble at them. Do you realize how many people on this website travel up to Buffalo for games? I see Murphy's crew there every single year. No one has the sour experience you do (I doubt you even go to Pats-Buffalo games).

Of course I acknowledged Buffalo is economically depressed. But it's moving up now, a lot of people have moved into the city, it's gentrified, there are lots of new restaurants, clubs, theaters, things to do. The waterfront is rebuilt with parks and boardwalks. Like most American cities, it has improved hugely in the last decade. Just as Boston has. I'm old enough to remember when the Pour House on Newbury in Boston was a tough biker bar that was dangerous, not some yuppified Armani den full of neon lights. City's change, you have to keep an open mind. I moved here from Providence (after living in Boston) and I don't regret it one bit. Great restaurants, pro sports, great parks, access to the water and great natural areas for hiking nearby, lakes, wineries, a vibrant arts community, and best of all affordable housing that makes all my friends envious when they visit us. Quite simply, the houses here are amazing.

I think it was Watson's IQ avatar?

Yes it was.

image.php

Your rant is pretty much proof positive of what I was saying about Bills fans in the first place. You live in a depressed city definative of the rust belt, yet paint a delusional picture of a virtual paradise (fact be damned).

Reality....All of the factors that made Buffalo a once major city no longer exist and they aren't coming back (check wikipedia for those). Now matter what picture you paint, its still located between two Great Lakes giving it huge amounts of snow and brutal winters. Its still located on flat featureless terrain with nasty whipping winds (worse than Chicago).
Does Buffalo still publish the mortality rate from pot holes every Spring?

Last edited:
Your rant is pretty much proof positive of what I was saying about Bills fans in the first place. You live in a depressed city definative of the rust belt, yet paint a delusional picture of a virtual paradise (fact be damned).

Reality....All of the factors that made Buffalo a once major city no longer exist and they aren't coming back (check wikipedia for those). Now matter what picture you paint, its still located between two Great Lakes giving it huge amounts of snow and brutal winters. Its still located on flat featureless terrain with nasty whipping winds (worse than Chicago).

A: I'm a Patriots fan which should be clear to you if you knew how to read.

B: what's the matter? You don't like snow? I love the stuff.

C: Flat landscape? More proof you don't know what you're talking about. I go skiing 10 minutes from house to the south. 20 minutes to the north there are huge bluffs and deep canyons.

D: The stupidity of this line is amazing: "Reality....All of the factors that made Buffalo a once major city no longer exist and they aren't coming back (check wikipedia for those)."

Uh, for one, all American cities, especially in the northeast, have de-industrialized. Those manufacturers all fled to 3rd world countries. We all know this. Second, the factors that made Buffalo great (power, water) are still right here, and in an energy resource depleted world, this is a big bonus. We have MORE fresh water here than anywhere else in the whole world.

E. The region's economy is converting. 5% hiring increases in the biotech industry are expected (this is Buffalo's big business now, health care) and financial services too ("Financial services, a bright spot in the local job market for most of the last year, remained strong, adding 900 jobs for a 2.7 percent annual growth rate, last month.") and higher ed is still bringing them in as UB is undergoing major expansion by 10,000 students, 1,000 new faculty. The car industry is still shedding jobs rapidly, all a part of the transformation. But jobs are no longer bleeding from here. There are more jobs than ever before. No more no growth or negative growth.

So, I've blown you out of the water on architecture, the business climate of the city. You also don't like snow. I love the stuff.

Got anything else?

Just becuse you couldn't get laid in Buffalo doesn't mean it's that way from everyone. Newsflash: you're a d-bag no matter what city you live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes