Classless: Steelers/Colts Referee Pete Morelli's home vandalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5257526

Ref in controversy has house vandalized
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

NFL referee Pete Morelli is having a rough week.

On Sunday, Morelli made one of the more controversial calls in NFL history, overturning what appeared to be an interception by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu. On Monday, his Stockton, Calif. home was vandalized, according to police reports.

Lieutenant Thomas Wells of the Stockton Police Department told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night after Morelli and his wife had gone to bed. Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

Morelli, huh? This sounds a bit like a scene from Godfather II. He shouldn't go out on the lake in a boat any time soon. :eek:

Several witnesses described the vandal as wearing black and gold, Samoan, really long hair, and blitzed a lot.

black and gold eh? must not be a steelers fan, they have black and yellow

fleabassist1 said:
black and gold eh? must not be a steelers fan, they have black and yellow
It's very, very close to yellow, but technically the color is called 'mustard', although I've seen it referred to in the Pantone Color Catalog as 'canary'.

You are correct though, it's the Saints that wear black and gold.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
It's very, very close to yellow, but technically the color is called 'mustard', although I've seen it referred to in the Pantone Color Catalog as 'canary'.

So, they would be putting mustard on the canary?

PATSNUTme said:
So, they would be putting mustard on the canary?
No, no... canaries are much tastier with catsup, usually of the Heinz variety.

NEM said:
Now,where does the guy who did our game live? :)

Charlotte, North Carolina.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I respect the Pantone Color Catalog but if you would match it up against the Crayola Crayon 64 Pack, you will find the Crayola gold is the correct color. Plus you can sharpen the crayon as well.

Seymour93 said:
Charlotte, North Carolina.

Someone put his contact info on this website somewhere. I think I might even have their phone number. He is pretty ignorant of having that info as public knowledge. Really ignorant when you know that you are now a semi-public figure.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Someone put his contact info on this website somewhere. I think I might even have their phone number. He is pretty ignorant of having that info as public knowledge. Really ignorant when you know that you are now a semi-public figure.

Let's not do that. I don't need to get that e-mail and/or letter in the mail :cool:

Ian

Morelli's infamous prime time debut as a referee was the Monday night game a few years at Denver which resulted in a thrilling Pats win after they volunteered a 2 pt safety to the Broncos off the goalpost late in the 4th qtr. However, the game's first half was noteworthy as Pats fans watched zombie-like at their TV sets as the not-ready-for-prime-time Referee Morelli called the first 10 penalties of the game on the Patriots, with 8 of them accepted. Fans who remember that game were not surprised by Sunday's events.

groundgame said:
Morelli's infamous prime time debut as a referee was the Monday night game a few years at Denver which resulted in a thrilling Pats win after they volunteered a 2 pt safety to the Broncos off the goalpost late in the 4th qtr. However, the game's first half was noteworthy as Pats fans watched zombie-like at their TV sets as the not-ready-for-prime-time Referee Morelli called the first 10 penalties of the game on the Patriots, with 8 of them accepted. Fans who remember that game were not surprised by Sunday's events.

That's rather great memory, or research. Either way, good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes