Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5257526

Ref in controversy has house vandalized
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

NFL referee Pete Morelli is having a rough week.

On Sunday, Morelli made one of the more controversial calls in NFL history, overturning what appeared to be an interception by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu. On Monday, his Stockton, Calif. home was vandalized, according to police reports.

Lieutenant Thomas Wells of the Stockton Police Department told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night after Morelli and his wife had gone to bed. Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

"We are aware of the situation and we're cooperating with police in any way we can," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

On Monday, the NFL admitted that Morelli had erred when he used instant replay to overturn the interception. Mike Pereira, the league's VP of officiating, said in a statement that the call on the field should have stood.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

Fortunately for Morelli — and the Steelers — while the botched call allowed the Colts to eventually pull within a field goal, it ultimately did not play any role in the outcome of the game, which Pittsburgh won, 21-18.

classless? sure.
funny? sure.

then again, im a sadistic bastard

pats1 said:
a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night

Was it catchable?

I'm sure Morelli is glad ... that it wasn't a Molotov ****tail.

His body language and trembling voice told us he knew that he was doing the wrong thing.

Yeah, having something come crashing through your window in the middle of the night when you're asleep is just a hoot-hollering riot. Had it happen to me 10 years ago or so, and I still get a giggle out of it. No, not really.

(I know, I know... lighten up Francis)

So, his wife "went to bed" and then the rock was thrown.

She was probably pissed at him. How much money had she bet on the Colts?

is it possible that "someone" "we dont know" could "accidently" throw a "rock" at tripellete's house?

I hate fans who do this kind of thing. I really do. Didn't some fans vandalize Tommy Maddox's house sometime last year?

fleabassist1 said:
is it possible that "someone" "we dont know" could "accidently" throw a "rock" at tripellete's house?
There is no need to stoop to Raiderfan-like behavior flea. :nono:

who... me?

Box_O_Rocks said:
There is no need to stoop to Raiderfan-like behavior flea. :nono:

me? NEVER! I would never resort to anything like that...
But that doesnt mean that I would care if someone else did :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yeah, having something come crashing through your window in the middle of the night when you're asleep is just a hoot-hollering riot. Had it happen to me 10 years ago or so, and I still get a giggle out of it. No, not really.

(I know, I know... lighten up Francis)
Nope, lock and load Francis.

fleabassist1 said:
me? NEVER! I would never resort to anything like that...
But that doesnt mean that I would care if someone else did :D
I would, if the guy gets a demotion to yard-marker holder that's amusing and deserved, attacking his home, which includes his family, that's the kind of crap I do associate with people who aren't fans, just hoodlums, like Raider spawn.

So the guy made a very bad call. He heard about it from fans and Porter. But for someone to go and do that to his home. Is just shamefull and classless.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Actually, yes. Ever since that night.
I miss the sensible weapons laws of Alaska and Arizona. :cool:

NEM said:
Now,where does the guy who did our game live? :)
At the Vine.

I'm still ticked about your play calling NEM. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back