BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Stuff we all could have predicted. :)

"I don't know. We'll take it day to day, like everything else."

"It's always good to have all the players available, sure."

"All I do as coach is coach the team. Just try to make the team better, try to give the team the best chance to win, and do what I can do to help the football team. That's my job, that's what it's been, and that's it's going to be."

"We'll take it day to day."

Wow, that was enlightening. :D

Greatest coach ever.

Worst interviewee ever.

One can understand where if he were losing it would be difficult to tolerate. SB rings buy a little slack.

Man, how much would we hate him if he weren't ours? :D

ha ha...I was gonna post this...

The guy is a wet blanket. He would be perfect in Shrek's swamp and the donkey where there are those long awkward moments of silence...

...you almost want to turn it off it is so awkward...

I am still glad he is our coach... :)

He isn't paid to entertain us. He knows we know Asante is back. What more is there to say?

They should just tape that and play it at all future press conferences. It would save everybody the time of having to go through the formality of actually asking and not answering questions.

I love it.

All these questions were trying to get at where his head was over the last few weeks - what was your plan? what would you have done? did you think it would play out like this? what do you think will happen from here? etc.

My favorite answer is always "my crystal ball is no better than yours" because it pretty much exposes the fallacy of the entire sports media world - all about predicting and projecting and guessing what no one really knows.

Really, read through those questions and ask yourself if ANY answer is meaningful.

Last edited:
In spite of what some may feel, I personally enjoy the content and delivery of BB in his press conferences.

I have no right or expectation to anything more.

They should just tape that and play it at all future press conferences. It would save everybody the time of having to go through the formality of actually asking and not answering questions.

"So, Coach, what do you think about Player X?"

*bzzzzzt *whirrrrrr* Initiate...response...1633B...

Greatest coach ever.

Worst interviewee ever.

True 'nuff. It's perfectly possible to say nothing while still being tolerably quotable. I have to think BB revels in his utter unquotability. It's an art form being that boring! (Especially when you have the ability to be utterly fascinating if you feel like it. :) )

Gotta love his responses, highly predictable, BB plays with all of the rules, whether it be the injury report, wearing official NFL apparel on the sidelines during games.. says what he has to say, when he wants to he gives out more info than necessary.. everything he does is scripted and the press goes nuts.

I think the best quote from that press conference was:

"I'm not trying to keep anything from you guys."

which gave everyone, including the coach, a laugh.

Q. When will players be cut, today or tomorrow?

A. Well...tomorrow, but maybe today...too.

Perfect...as always.

This is why I would love to see Belichick on Jeopardy! Even if he didn't win, it'd be worth it just to watch Alex Trebek try to get information out of him. :D

He's fully into season mode now.

The one question where his response was not entirely predictable was the one where he was asked about whether Merriweather would be better at safety.

While he traditionally does not answer those kinds of questions during the season, he occassionally does, and he has been giving some informative responses to that stuff this preseason. I'm a bit surprised the way he answered that one, but I guess he's at the point where he knows the Jets are listening.

Keeping other teams guessing about who and what our defensive backfield will be is an opportunity he won't ever pass up.

I like it when does that. You're not going to see his name next to the likes of Herm Edwards or anyone else that embarrasses themselves and organization by saying everything on his mind. They are asking him how he felt about the whole situation and I'm willing to bet that for him it was 6 eggs one way a half a dozen the other.

"So, Coach, what do you think about Player X?"

*bzzzzzt *whirrrrrr* Initiate...response...1633B...

Good one....

They may as well roll the Belichick_4000 out there and save BB some precious time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back