PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classic BB secrecy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Michael Smith was on EEI and talking about Mangini and said that BB didn't want the former DC in the building (Gillette) the past 2 days since expressing an interest in the Jets HC job. Pretty funny stuff.

So you mean Classic BB Smarts?

Why have the HC of a team you're going to face twice a year in the facility? That's just stupid.

PatsRI said:
Michael Smith was on EEI and talking about Mangini and said that BB didn't want the former DC in the building (Gillette) the past 2 days since expressing an interest in the Jets HC job. Pretty funny stuff.

BB knows the Jets want EM for his playbook......

This could actually be a blessing for the rest of the NFL. All they have to do is watch the Patriots vs. Jets games and see how Belichick attacks the Belichick defense. I mean, nobody has a Brady, so planning can only go so far, but it will be interesting to see what BB perceives as the best way to attack the defense he designed.

I'm just wondering if that's the only sign of the supposed falling out between the two? I've heard rumors that BB is really pissed at Mangini, but I haven't heard why.

sdaniels7114 said:
I'm just wondering if that's the only sign of the supposed falling out between the two? I've heard rumors that BB is really pissed at Mangini, but I haven't heard why.
Well think about, when BB promoted Mangini last year, surely he had him in mind to run our defense for more than a year. If Belichick had a crystal ball and could look into the future and see Mangini leaving for the Jets in 2006 do you think for a second he still would have promoted him to DC?

I'm not saying the rumors are true or not, no idea. But IF he was pissed, I can understand.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Well think about, when BB promoted Mangini last year, surely he had him in mind to run our defense for more than a year. If Belichick had a crystal ball and could look into the future and see Mangini leaving for the Jets in 2006 do you think for a second he still would have promoted him to DC?

I'm not saying the rumors are true or not, no idea. But IF he was pissed, I can understand.

BB is always saying that things always change....but I think he looked at EM as his heir apparent. They have been together for 11 years and you can't blame BB for being mad that the Jets were the ones to swoop in and snag EM! Did any of the other team with HC vacancies really even mention EM as a candidate?

I can see BB being pissed at the lousy luck where the Jets went with Mangini. He probably had every right to expected some stability at DC considering Mangini's age and relatively light experience; but I hope he isn't angry at Mangini for taking a chance at the top job. There's very few non-HC's out there that don't have aspersions.

Is it wrong for a team's very best non-starter to want to go somewhere where he could start?

Do you guys READ? There was one story initially - out of NY, what a shock - that Belichick was mad. Everything else, including statements from both Mangini and Belichick affirm their friendship. People with among the best sources - see "King, Peter" and "Holley, Michael" - speak of a very positive and amicable separation between the two. This thread has become ridiculous.

patsox23 said:
Do you guys READ? There was one story initially - out of NY, what a shock - that Belichick was mad. Everything else, including statements from both Mangini and Belichick affirm their friendship. People with among the best sources - see "King, Peter" and "Holley, Michael" - speak of a very positive and amicable separation between the two. This thread has become ridiculous.
I agree! The feeling I got after reading various articles this morning is that BB is very proud of Eric! NY and other media hounds are just trying to stir the pot, lets not keep it warm people!

The whole BB and Magini is just tabloid fodder by the ny media...

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I agree. The greater the perception that Beli is pissed, the greater commodity Mangini appears, and the greater the "steal" for that goofy team.

patsox23 said:
correct patsox23.....

"bad blood" story written by Mark Cannizzaro, reportedly the Shank Shaughnessy of NYC, so we know it's bogus

Sean Pa Patriot said:

True.

Plus we know that Belichick thinks farther ahead than most coaches . . . maybe this is his way of "seasoning" Mangini to give him extra prep for when it really is his turn to lead the Pats. . . .

Or, as I said in another thread, maybe this is all part of Mike Vrabel's plot to become HC. :)

[P.S. Mangini is actually the second member of Belichick's coaching tree to be "HC of the NYJ"--Al Groh served for a season in 2000.]

dryheat44 said:
This could actually be a blessing for the rest of the NFL. All they have to do is watch the Patriots vs. Jets games and see how Belichick attacks the Belichick defense. I mean, nobody has a Brady, so planning can only go so far, but it will be interesting to see what BB perceives as the best way to attack the defense he designed.

I like your thinking! Perhaps we'll deliberately lose twice to the Jets next year, just to disguise the best way of attacking a BB defence. :D

I think that BB was just kidding when he said "Eric is dead to me".

PATSNUTme said:
I think that BB was just kidding when he said "Eric is dead to me".

I thought he was too until Pauly Walnuts and Silvio took Eric deep
sea fishing. :D

DarMan said:
I thought he was too until Pauly Walnuts and Silvio took Eric deep
sea fishing. :D

HA!!! "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in."

Bill's Girl said:
HA!!! "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in."

"If you ever come back to visit Pepper, I want to know about it in advance."

Michael Felger, the one person in Boston who likes to talk about contraversies the most, said last night on NEST that their was absolutely nothing to the feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back