PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classic BB quote on his hall of fame chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
SVN said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/08/koppen_ready_to_snap_back/?page=2

Bill Belichick described the weekend's Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony as ``very impressive," but said he hasn't let himself imagine being one of the enshrined just yet, though he is a virtual lock to be voted in one day.

``Let's just see if we can get the team to get off on the [snap] count and get 11 guys on the field on punt return right now," Belichick deadpanned.
:)
You said it !! Absolutely CLASSIC.

SVN said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/08/koppen_ready_to_snap_back/?page=2

Bill Belichick described the weekend's Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony as ``very impressive," but said he hasn't let himself imagine being one of the enshrined just yet, though he is a virtual lock to be voted in one day.

``Let's just see if we can get the team to get off on the [snap] count and get 11 guys on the field on punt return right now," Belichick deadpanned.
:)

I wonder how hard he bites his tongue to stop from laughing.

Man, the discussions between Mankins & BB must be exciting. 3 word answers, all of them cliches. I do like BB's self efacing humor, very Bill Parcells like. I remember the press commenting about Parcells losing 10 pounds once, and Parcells said, "Yeah, that's like a deck chair falling off a battleship". I thought that was pretty damned funny.

He followed that up with this from today's presser...

Q: I know you have had players before that have played for you and gone elsewhere and then have come back and played for you a second time.

BB: I think it's because I'm such a player's coach, probably that’s why. [Laughter]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye