PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clark Judge of CBSSports.com "What's wrong with Tom Brady?,Nothing at all"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a breath of fresh air. Now if more people would actually think before writing their articles like Judge did, the world would be a better place.

Brady is fine and I'm not worried about his level of play or his desire in the least bit. As for the contract stuff, not seriously worried about that either but I'd like to see him signed sooner rather than later as I'm sure most (or all) of us would.

Thanks. Maybe we should fwd this to the NESN reporter (local one, for godsake!!). :)

Last edited:
Well that was a breath of fresh air. Now if more people would actually think before writing their articles like Judge did, the world would be a better place.

Brady is fine and I'm not worried about his level of play or his desire in the least bit. As for the contract stuff, not seriously worried about that either but I'd like to see him signed sooner rather than later as I'm sure most (or all) of us would.

I think for Brady's physical sake as well as his offenses sake that he would like to see Mankins get his contract signed BEFORE he does,it will help his team and keep him upright more - It appears sometimes that Mankins is the only OL who constantly keeps the pressure off of Brady's backside.

Brady won't need a contract extension if a Mankins-less line helps get him demolished all season,he will need medical aid first.

Last edited:
Anyone who truly questions Brady's desire to play is living proof of the adage "common sense is not so common." Judge kindly points out what should be obvious to anyone.

Last edited:
.... It appears sometimes that Mankins is the only OL who constantly keeps the pressure off of Brady's backside....

Not to hijack the thread, but Justin Tuck says hello.

So that is what talking sense is ;)

Nice on the money article...amazing what some logic can do to calm the over-zealousness that runs rampant in the search for blame.

Eh, it seems every offseason there is talk about whether or not Brady has "lost it". It happened after 2005 (after the Pats lost to the Broncos), 2006 (when he knocked up Moynahan and the "Hollywood" talk officially started), 2007 (that he was burned out with the game), 2008 (that he'll never be the same after the knee injury and how Gisele was ruining his career all by herself, TMZ appearances, etc.), and now again in 2009 (Hollywood, staying out on the West Coast instead of lifting weights in Foxboro, lack of a new contract). This doom and gloom talk around Brady is really nothing new. We've had offseason threads on it for the past four years and I guarantee you we will have more next offseason.

Eh, it seems every offseason there is talk about whether or not Brady has "lost it". It happened after 2005 (after the Pats lost to the Broncos), 2006 (when he knocked up Moynahan and the "Hollywood" talk officially started), 2007 (that he was burned out with the game), 2008 (that he'll never be the same after the knee injury and how Gisele was ruining his career all by herself, TMZ appearances, etc.), and now again in 2009 (Hollywood, staying out on the West Coast instead of lifting weights in Foxboro, lack of a new contract). This doom and gloom talk around Brady is really nothing new. We've had offseason threads on it for the past four years and I guarantee you we will have more next offseason.

I think its a no brainer that once Brady gets those HUGE dollars he has deserved for so long ...and he WILL get them,the media will be scrutinizing Brady's every down saying he is not consistent ever since he got the big dollars.

Just wait and see what we will be reading about Brady in mid 2011 season

All the negativity surrounding this topic aside, that article got me PUMPED UP for the season!!!:D

Good article and pretty much sums up my sentiments for those pansies who are concerned about Tom not having interest in the game anymore or why he has not led his team on his very own presence to any Super Bowl championships lately.

What's wrong with Mr. Patriot, Brady? Nothing at all - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Only quibble I have with this article is he keeps attributing all this unnecessary angst to Pats fans when in fact it emanates from his idiot peers in the media...

Speaking of which, DA had a phone in guest tonight, Michael Silver, in for a discussion of the Brady "situation". If they had taken calls my one question would have been which was the last year you actually spoke to Tom?

Basically he said the Tom he knows (or knew IMO) will not hold out of camp nor will he hold out if tagged next season. Silver doesn't think a deal will get done until the CBA is done. He thinks Tom became a player rep this year (actually it's assistant rep and it was last year because the rep was AD and he was being benched) because he cares about the issues and he will speak out based on concerns in the locker room (he gave as previous examples when Branch and Milloy left - although he failed to note that when the dust settled Brady backed management because emotion aside he respects their discipline and the role it's played in this organization becoming a winning one) and not his own frustration. Said if he is personally frustrated he will likely take it out on opponents...:D

And he did mention one other reason why he believes Brady will remain here. He and Kraft genuinely love each other. :eek: Go figure. I think we all know how he feels about his HC and playing for him so... Disconnect was a strange choice of focus for that last article he penned. Maybe he doesn't like Floyd...:ugh:

I recall in an article earlier this year, Bob Kraft made a point of saying Brady is not in facility as much as in the past and he would have loved ALL players to be there for all off-season activities.

I think the lack of public support in the face of these rumors speaks volume.

The perception that Brady is not as dedicated as in the past has been instigated and perpectuated by some elements associated with Pats organization as a bargining tool to question Brady and make him take less.

Not very classy in treating your best player, who played hurt all last year.

Nice on the money article...amazing what some logic can do to calm the over-zealousness that runs rampant in the search for blame.

Good article and pretty much sums up my sentiments for those pansies who are concerned about Tom not having interest in the game anymore or why he has not led his team on his very own presence to any Super Bowl championships lately.

What's wrong with Mr. Patriot, Brady? Nothing at all - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

I've said to many friends for quite some time that it's really, really hard to win championships in any sport. We are lucky to have seen three SB titles with this team (plus, if you're a Boston sports fan in general, two Red Sox and one Celtics title over that same time span). How many quarterbacks have won at least 3 SB's and at least four conference championships? The answer is 3. In the history of the NFL (obviously, during the Super Bowl era).

Joe Montana: 4 SB titles, 4 conference championships
Terry Bradshaw: 4 SB titles, 4 conference championships
Tom Brady: 3 SB titles, 4 conference championships

Troy Aikman won 3 SB titles and 3 conference championships. John Elway won 2 SB titles and 5 conference championships. Roger Staubach won 2 SB titles and 4 conference championships.

And I think there's still a shot that Brady wins another conference championship or two, and maybe even another Super Bowl or two. If he wins just one more SB, he'll be in a class by himself: a total of 9 (SB + Conf. Championships), which would be more than any other QB in NFL history.

Is he as good as he was back in his very best year? No, but then again, nobody that's ever played the game was as good as Brady was in 2007. His numbers that year are just staggering.

We've been incredibly fortunate to have this guy as our team's quarterback. We'll probably never see anyone like him here in New England again.

I think the ribs may have affected brady somewhat, but Brady last year to me did not look confident in the pocket coming back from the knee injury. I think that hurt him more than anything. He just needs some more snaps at game speed. With Gronk as a new blocking TE and Vollmer more experienced, hopefully TB will relax a bit more. In the Baltimore game, there was one play that stood out more to me than anything - it was one where he had a chance to run the ball into the end zone. i think he ended up throwing it away or trying to hit one of his receivers. TB definitely hesitated at running probably thinking about his knee. The old TB would have dove head first into the end zone like the Snow Bowl game of 01'. I honestly think brady getting more confident in the pocket is probably the most important thing heading into next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey