PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clark Judge:No hope for Houston this weekend? Tell that to Rex Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a hell of a lazy article. There's really nothing in there that we haven't heard 10 times already this week.

Besides being an issue beaten to death this past week, even just as a fan this feels totally different. There was too much emotion and back and forth going into that game, even for our notoriously quiet team. Tomlinson's "playing like my hair is on fire", Cromartie's "F Tom Brady, the a-hole", Welker's feet comments, and Bart Scott's reaction to that...I don't remember ever seeing a game, at least from our team, that had so much raw emotion behind it. It was the climax of our feud with the Jets. Ever since that game, it hasn't been the same. Sure, last year and this year there was some chirping from the Jets, but beating them handily twice in Foxboro and embarrassing them twice at their new home has really cooled the rivalry off.

This game against the Texans is a playoff game so it will be intense. But as a fan, this game has the best shot of being a ho-hum victory for the home team. In no way, shape, or form does this compare to the 2010 game against the Jets.

Hope Belichick sees this in time. WOnder if it's too late to get the running game going?

Someone actually got paid to write that?

Penned by a guy who was just named an at large HOF voter. Along with ESPN's Sal Pal... I wonder how you get that gig, if Peter King just gets to name you or if the 44 existing voters just get to hash it out over craft beers and add the guys the most of them owe favors to or like or if it's just managing to cling to a job in this now competitive market.

Headline writer also did him the favor of making it sound like that idiotic GM'less, QB'less, uncoordinated sorry excuse for a head coach had weighed in on the subject...

I agree that the article is useless. On a related topic, I don't really understand why the Jets have never been as successful with this game plan since. I guess maybe the first game this year was close, but have the Pats adjusted or have the Jets lost the personnel to pull it off? Just wondering, as maybe Houston doesn't have the horses to pull this off.

I agree that the article is useless. On a related topic, I don't really understand why the Jets have never been as successful with this game plan since. I guess maybe the first game this year was close, but have the Pats adjusted or have the Jets lost the personnel to pull it off? Just wondering, as maybe Houston doesn't have the horses to pull this off.

With BB and TFB, the Patriots' B game can beat most teams' A games. Any given Sunday, though.

The Patriots' A game wins every time. Period.

Just another lazy writer looking for the easy story. I said as soon as the Houston/Bengal game was over, Pats fans were going to get a full week of stories about that painful loss. And even though there isn't a lot of real carry over, it wouldn't stop the mediots from bringing it up over and over and over and.....

BTW- if the next time you hear about it. Here's some ammo.

The Pats were in year 2 of a total reboot of the roster

Only 23 players remain from that 2010 squad

The Jets had beaten the Pats that year as well as being blown out, and had beaten them once the year before, so they knew that they could play with that team. Houston really doesn't know.

Bottom line, we just have to deal with it, and be comforted in the knowledge that these stories about a game that happened 2 years ago, are the highlight of the season for Jet fans. :eek:.....and the only good press they've gotten this year. :D

Sometimes exceptions prove rules.

I am getting tired f the 2010 Jets comparisons. There are a number of things people forget when making the comparisons:

- The 2010 Jets did pretty well after they lost to the Pats. I think they won four of five of the rest of their games during the season. The Texans lost three of four.
- They Jets flooded the inside of the field because the Pats had no outside receiver or deep threat in 2010. Lloyd is an outside presence and has played well the last month of the season. Gronk has actually become a deep threat.
- Speaking of Gronk. Both he and Hernandez were rookies and not nearly as good as they are now. Hernandez was a non factor coming back from a sprained MCL.
- The Pats had an average at best running game in 2010. They didn't have Ridley to take advantage of all the sub packages and extra DBs on the field. The Jets strategy in that game would open it up for a big running gae for Ridley.

Judge picked the Pats to cover the 9 1/2 point spread in the picks. So he isn't even buying his own article. This whole 2010 Jets thing is just the media trying to come up with an angle to make this game seem more interesting.

Did he recycle that one before the playoffs against Denver last year too?

Wait. The Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs after the Pats killed them in the regular season?

I'll bite: Yes they did.

Now my question: Who's the MILF in the pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes