Welcome to PatsFans.com

Clarence Thomas's Wife Calls Anita Hill, Asks For Apology

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course, there is no chance that the lying piece of crap douchebag Anita Hill will ever do anything that even resembles being a decent human being after the disgusting, depicable smears she made up (almost) 20 years ago. But I thought this was an interesting story nonetheless.

Wife of Clarence Thomas calls Anita Hill, seeking apology - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

WASHINGTON – Virginia Thomas, wife of Clarence Thomas, left a voice mail for Anita Hill over the weekend seeking an apology from Hill for accusing the future Supreme Court associate justice of sexual harassment during his 1991 confirmations hearings, Hill said in an interview tonight.

Hill is now a professor of the Brandeis University Heller School of Social Policy and Management, in Waltham. She said she alerted campus security because she thought the voice mail was a prank. But she has since learned it was genuine.

"Good morning Anita Hill, it's Ginni Thomas," said the voice mail, according to a transcript of the call Hill read to the Globe. "I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something.

"I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. Okay have a good day."

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

She should call Julianne Malveaux instead.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Yeah and i know you can Prove some how anita hill lied. You seem to have a problem with women. ...just an observation.

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The evidence clearly supports that conclusion. Oh, but I am sure you have proof that Clarence Thomas lied. So feel free to post it here and enlighten us all.
    What is your observation based on? Your own ignorance? I remember I once made a remark about conservative women, calling them friendly, attractive and professional. You interpreted the word "professional" as to mean they were prostitutes. Newsflash: It isn't me with the problem with women, if you associate the term "professional woman" with "prostitute." You exposed yourself for your disgusting misogyny there.

Anyway, stop being such a racist and open your eyes. I know you hate Clarence Thomas because he is black (your racism is also well established in this forum) so you assume he must be guilty. Don't be so afraid of learning something.

5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

again i don't have to prove anything, you said shes was a blah blah blah lier. I implied you couldn't prove it. So please do so, and also this forum forbids person attacks, calling me ignorant falls under that category.

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not only are you ignorant, but you're also a misogynist. Any intelligent person with a knowledge of that douchebag's testimony knows beyond any reasonable doubt that she was lying through her teeth. You're asking me to prove something which has already been proven.

Here's your aforementioned misogyny on display. It's clear from the following exchange that it isn't me with the problem with women:

WP: "(Conservative women) are sweet, friendly, professional, attractive, and I treat them with the tremendous respect and courtesy that they deserve."

RB: "Attractive and professional hmmm how much do you pay"

7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

:nono: Personal attacks will get you no where. Now produce the evidence that A Hill lied or shut the fck up.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

The evidence is that Ms Hill followed Mr Thomas around to a number of jobs, women I know wouldn't follow a harasser from job to job.

Paula Jones didn't follow Mr Clinton to the WH for example.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

And the men I know wouldn't take a mediocre worker from job to job with him, either.

In 2007, Clarence Thomas published his autobiography, My Grandfather's Son, revisiting the Anita Hill controversy. He describes her as touchy and apt to overreact and her work at the EEOC as mediocre.[10] He wrote:

On Sunday morning, courtesy of Newsday, I met for the first time an Anita Hill who bore little resemblance to the woman who had worked for me at EEOC and the Education Department. Somewhere along the line she had been transformed into a conservative, devoutly religious Reagan-administration employee. In fact she was a left-winger who'd never expressed any religious sentiments whatsoever during the time I'd known her, and the only reason why she'd held a job in the Reagan administration was because I'd given it to her.

Anita Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact is, 13, there is no "evidence" to either support or refute Anita Hill's charges or Justice Thomas's denials.

None whatsoever.

Nice try, though.

Four individuals (Ellen Wells, John W. Carr, Judge Susan Hoerchner, and Joel Paul) testified that Hill had been upset at the time she worked for Thomas about what she had said was sexual harassment by him. Angela Wright, another of Thomas' subordinates, stated that she had not considered the behavior to be sexual harassment, but that others might. She was interviewed by Senate Judiciary Committee staff, but did not testify at the hearings. Wright had been fired by Thomas from the EEOC. [4]

Anita Hill's accusations were viewed suspiciously due to their timing (only revealed during Justice Thomas' confirmation hearings) and the "he said, she said" nature of the discussions made privately between Hill and Thomas. There was no way to either substantiate her accusations or definitively refute them. Hence, the full Senate rejected Hill's accusations as being purely politically based. No one has since been able to provide definitive proof to either refute or prove Anita Hill's accusations.

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, there is plenty of evidence to support Justice Thomas. Not one single person testified under oath on behalf of Anita Hill. Meanwhile, there is testimony from multiple individuals plus some phone logs to support Thomas.

You love Wikipedia so much, I wonder how you missed the following:

Several witnesses testified in support of Clarence Thomas and rebutted Hill's testimony. Phone logs were also submitted into the record showing contact between Hill and Thomas in the years after she left the EEOC.[26]

Among those testifying on behalf of then-Judge Thomas was J.C. Alvarez, a woman who for four years was Thomas's special assistant at EEOC. Alvarez said that "[t]he Anita Hill I knew before was nobody's victim." Alvarez went on to say that Thomas "demanded professionalism and performance." According to Alvarez, Thomas would not tolerate "the slightest hint of impropriety, and everyone knew it." Alvarez asserted that Hill’s allegations were a personal move on her part to advance her own interests: “Women who have really been harassed would agree, if the allegations were true, you put as much distance as you can between yourself and that other person. What's more, you don't follow them to the next job—especially, if you are a black female, Yale Law School graduate. Let's face it, out in the corporate sector, companies are fighting for women with those kinds of credentials.”[27]

Another witness who testified on behalf of then-Judge Thomas was Nancy Fitch, a special assistant historian to Thomas at EEOC, who said "[t]here is no way" Thomas did what Hill alleged. "I know he did no such thing," she declared under oath.[28] Also Diane Holt, Thomas's personal secretary for six years, said that, “At no time did Professor Hill intimate, not even in the most subtle of ways, that Judge Thomas was asking her out or subjecting her to the crude, abusive conversations that have been described. Nor did I ever discern any discomfort, when Professor Hill was in Judge Thomas' presence.”[29] Additionally, Phyllis Berry-Myers, another special assistant to Thomas, said that he "was respectful, demand[ing] of excellence in our work, cordial, professional, interested in our lives and our career ambitions." Berry-Myers said that her "impression" was that Professor Hill desired a greater relationship with Judge Thomas than "just a professional one."[30]

Nancy Altman who worked with Hill and Thomas at the Department of Education testified that, "It is not credible that Clarence Thomas could have engaged in the kinds of behavior that Anita Hill alleges, without any of the women who he worked closest with—dozens of us, we could spend days having women come up, his secretaries, his chief of staff, his other assistants, his colleagues—without any of us having sensed, seen or heard something."[31] Senator Alan K. Simpson was puzzled by why Hill and Thomas met, dined, and spoke by phone on various occasions after they no longer worked together.[32]

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

Here is a suggestion, do not take the bar exam real soon.

The reality is just because no one witnessed this stuff does not mean it did not happen, predators often select someone who they think is isolated or vulnerable.. they do not broadcast what they did.. it is not like object consistency, if you do not see it it did not happen.

Virginia Thomas is a fool for even suggesting such a thing, and leaving a phone message is folly... glad to see Hill contacted the FBI...

This is nothing but political posturing by a Tea Partier who seeks to bring more attention to herself and her cause...

The right just follow the directives of their thought police.. Reagan good, Bush good, Hill Bad, Clarence Thomas victim, Angle good, Miller good, O'Donnell good... it is unbelievable how the rumpswabs for the right just follow along.. do not think, just react.

Here is a question that may or may not provoke intelligent discourse, why did she bring this up now?? Too much Sherry?? Or just another political opportunity?? Or is she just another person who wants equal time in the media spotlight??

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

Another one who should not sign up for the bar exam... just because she did not stop working with him does not imply anything... if you read her testimony she explains why she did not leave him..

FYI she followed him to one job.. not followed him from job to job...

But Rush is proud of his little Drudgie for not thinking... and just following along..

American Rhetoric: Anita Hill - Opening Statement to Senate Judiciary Committee on the USSC Nomination of Clarence Thomas

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9

Anita Hill had visions of being an American "Joan Of Arc" maybe even a run for the White House or a famous Movie Star known throughout the world with people hanging her picture over their beds alongside their photos of jesus Christ, instead when the democrats and the left wing media were through with her they dumped her like a bag of wet dog sh!t, Anita Hill is a self serving creep who must really be a very tormented person.

I Break Wind In Her General Direction

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

She was a law school grad not a moron. Her charges were a smear pure and simple. Juanita Brodderick's rape charge against Clinton were much more credible did you believe that charge?

:bricks:

15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9

Where were the Feminists for Juanita Brodderick and all of the other women that Clinton used and abused, the Feminist Movement meant well when it was first organized but they soon turned into a "phony gang" picking and choosing who they would defend depending on their Political Standings, if your a women and you get into trouble don't count on those double standard phony bastards unless your a Left Wing Liberal Democrat Loon.

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Yes, I did - and then I believed her recantation of the charge - and then the recantation of the recantation. Then I found out that 2 of the people who said she had told them of the alleged rape had personal grudges against Clinton (he had commuted the sentence of the killer of their father,) another was a man she was having an affair with and that she had not told her current husband of Clinton's alleged attack on her.

So, tell me, since both woman have no physical evidence to support their charges, neither has credible witnesses and neither reported the attacks at the time of the attack, how do you figure Juanitia's changes to be much more credible?

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +370 / 10 / -14

Thomas has credible that nothing happened. I do not recall any backtracking by Ms Brodderick, I do recall she did not come forward for many years for fear of retaliation.

Do you have a link where she recanted her story, I think you are wrong about this.

BTW would you move from job to job following somebody (a boss) who was harassing you? I wouldn't.

18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

OK 13 no one knows for sure if it happened or didn't and frankly i don't care. I wanna know why you think after 20 years G Thomas is looking for an apology. The whole thing doesn't make much sense. Why didn't she ask years ago when it happened if she thought Hill was lying.

19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In another thread:

Damn you see that Wolfpack? I call that being a hypocrite! Must be nice to play on both sides of the line aye? Next time if you talk the talk try and walk the walk k?

20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Maybe he is in poor health? (Cue the celebrations at MSNBC).

If he is ill, it might be that she wants him to have closure near the end of his life and is further worried about his legacy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.