Welcome to PatsFans.com

Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

Take the kids for a "Bus Ride" in Boston, pack a lunch and sit on the grass in the "Boston Common".

Pant Suit Hillary said not to long ago "oh, we don't want to go back to those horrible fifties"

Then Pant Suit and her Screaming Feminist Nazi friends started on the Subways and Busses of America's big city's, they whailed, "we don't want some man getting up and offering us his seat just because we are Females'

Well here is what goes on today in the Busses and Subway's of "The Feminist Pant Suit Hillary World"

News Today:
    Because T employees are prohibited from speaking to the media without permission, most of those interviewed declined to give their names. But some of their stories of violence are harrowing.

“It’s hard to even express how on edge you are all the time,” said a driver who asked to be identified only by his first initial, J.

In one instance, he said, he was kicked so badly by an irate passenger, he was out of work for three weeks. Last January, he said, a rider whose pass he had asked to look at spit on him, regurgitating the food from his mouth.

One bus driver told of a co-worker who was punched by a woman who refused to pay her fare and, when he protested, was dragged off the bus, beaten unconscious and left lying in the street by the men she was with.

In another instance, the first driver was himself threatened by a passenger who pulled a knife because another rider bumped into his nephew. The driver pulled the bus over and called police, he said, who arrived 27 minutes later, after the knife-wielding man had fled.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1007936
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Yea when I read the article, all I could think of was Hillary. Those damn liberals. Besides, the fifties were great for bus riding, just that one little incident with that Parks lady.
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

actually, when i read the article about violence toward T Drivers, the first person i though of was our 12th President, Zachary Taylor.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

Brad Parks wife road on the T? That must have been way before she married her husband. :p

kidding!
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

You know what this means. Now the T, who is a mere $8 billion in debt, will decide it needs another 100 cops at a cost of $10 million a year to ensure that the 7 crimes a year a station averages goes down to 5. All of this will only result in their need to add 50 administrators to manage the increased paper work the new policemen will create, and a move froom $2 a token to $2.85.

:violent:

Then people wonder why I despise this state so much, or why critical age groups are leaving the state. IT'S TOO FRICKEN EXPENSIVE UP HERE! The T is a certifiable joke. I have friends that work there, and all they do is sleep all day. They make great money, get 85 or 90% medical, and retirement benefits up the wazoo. Did you all know that a T employee recievs full retirement after 23 years of service. After year 23, their retirement pension is calculated by averaging their 3 highest years of salary. Only in Taxachussetts eh? Have any of you ever looked into the State's human resources page where positions are posted? Virtually all of them have minimum requirement of a HS dimploma. Why? So pols can sneak in their mentally retarded cousins as qualified. Total joke. :mad:

About 30 percent of the MBTA's operating budget is devoted to servicing its $8 billion debt, the largest of any US transit authority.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ed...ticles/2006/05/24/t_expansion_on_wrong_track/
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Ah, get the puck out of here.

question: Do you ever have any problems getting to the forums on the CelticsBlog? Sometimes I have to try a number of times before I can get in.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

Back in "Pant Suit Hillary's Horrible Fifties" there wern't any cops on the sUbways or buses, THEY DIDN'T NEED THEM.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ah, the 50s. A different world. Not perfect, but a lot more peaceful. At least on the surface.

//
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think we talked about this in the past. Was it that much better, less pedophiles or not as documented? If you were a minority it probably wasn't peachy keen, particularly in some areas of the country. Maybe it was just the lull before the storm (60's).
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Less of everything: crime, sexual misuse (girls going "all the way" were tagged immediately and forever in high school), and less perversion all around. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it was a lot cleaner and down to earth, friendly and open. Could leave your house unlocked and go out for hours, no problem (living in suburban Boston, Needham). Leave your keys in the ignition and find your car after a quick shopping/coffee pickup. Etc.

For minorities, blacks in particular, yes, they were still coming out of hiding, so to speak. But there has been a TON and a half of free-loading on the civil rights band wagon.

All this spin and disinformation about "well, the crap just wasn't reported back then" is itself a load. The truth is that the moral atmosphere was completely different back in the 50s, much better, clearer, brighter. (The Sox were terrible, though. You'd go to Fenway with bleacher seats 50 cents or a buck , if memory serves, and could have your pick of anywhere in the house by the third inning.)

//
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I would agree to a point. But don't you think there were a number of sexual crimes that did not get reported. Back then, no way a wife brings her husband to court for rape. Girls might have been tagged, but they were also shipped out when pregnant. Many secrets back then. The moral atmosphere was probably better just as the 40's were better then the 50's and 30's more so then the 40's and so on and so on.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

Do you mean logging in? Or are you talking about server trouble? Jeff just moved the site to a new server and host. He under estimated the traffic he recieves, and BlueHost wasn't giving him enough juice. At any rate, they just switched over to a new server Friday night, so it should be good now.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

Morality and ethics left this country a long time ago. People try to tell me it's the same as it was before, and I couldn't disagree with them more. As my barber has been saying to me for years "he's comin' down Rick, I'm tellin ya, he's comin' down soon". I used to laugh when I was 22, but over the last 10 years I've come to understand what it is he was talking about. :(