PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CJ Wallace, Washington Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on record as wanting Michael Griffin with one of our late #1s and I'm sticking with that. If we don't, though, Wallace intrigues me. I haven't seen him as I don't watch too much College Football. But Pro Football Weekly makes him sound a LOT like #37 although he is smaller (5-11 1/4, 197) :

"Aggressive downhill box Safety who will level ballcarriers and deliver some decleaters. Seeks out contact and looks to destroy blockers that get in his way. Plays with intent to hurt and violence is noticeable in his game. Very secure tackler. Shows nice awareness in zone coverage but does not show great transitional quickness, range or man cover skills and is a little tight hipped".

They have him ranked as a low second or third round pick right now. Unless Sanders stays healthy and starts to make some plays, this guy really intrigues me. I still want Griffin though :)

I am a Washington Husky fan and believe me when I tell you that this guy is an amazing hitter-tackler. Great in run support. His coverage skills are so so. He leads the team in tackles. Comes up and stuffs the run.

Old Town Pats said:
I am a Washington Husky fan and believe me when I tell you that this guy is an amazing hitter-tackler. Great in run support. His coverage skills are so so. He leads the team in tackles. Comes up and stuffs the run.
He sounds like the next Rodney Harrison to me. Unless Sanders starts to show something good, it's time to draft Rodney's real long term replacement.

I think Willingham does a great job of coaching up DBs. I'll keep an eye out for him.

I went to high school with CJ..great player, great attitude. he would make a good contribute to the pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes