PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CJ Spiller

Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't have been a fan longer, as I switched from being a Giants fan to a Boston Patriots fan. I have an old Bay State Patriots schedule somewhere in the house, next to my CGMI Field schedule. You would have had to have been a fan since day one and I sincerely doubt you have. But that is irrelevant. It isn't the length of time that makes a fan, but love of the team.

But why am I cowardly for calling you out? I am open with my opinion of trolls. Cowardly is the last word I would apply to me. Over-aggressive is a fair criticism, not sneaky.

If you are a long time fan as you claim, you would have suffered through some seriously bad teams and this would see this team as awesome by comparison. The trouble with success is that a lot of people became fans when the Pats were on top a few years ago and see anything less than a superbowl victory as a failure. We all want them to win the superbowl, but most fans realize that it is't possible and are happy to celebrate the success the Pats have.

That's what confounds most fans: how can some people complain so much about a team that has done better than EVERY OTHER team this decade, and are primed for another run. The "holes" they go beserk over on the Pats are nothing compared to the holes on most other teams. Not understanding some moves the pats make is one thing. Carping and whining about every single move they make, criticizing them for things that they praise other teams for. Like you. You said that the Pats cannot run the ball and that Superman couldn't run behind our line. Yet the Pats were 12th in the league in rushing last year. What does that mean? It mean that you are looking for anything you can to criticize the Pats, and will not let facts get in the way of your citicism.

Yes, sometimes they need it, but you are so over the top, and NEVER have a good word to say, it is easy to view you as one of those dorky social misfits that sign onto other teams websites and pretend to be fans in order to criticize them "from within." I know some pats fans do it on Jets and Colts sites, and it is just as wrong. It's cowardly, and if you are really a fan of another team, then if the shoe fits...

You've been a fan a lot longer than me, good on you.

I just expect more out of this team than I did from other teams. I didn't get my hopes up as much like I did last year.

The holes they have are just kind of infuriating and I am an easily exasperated person.

Did all those other Runningbacks make their fumbles near the goalline and get benched by their coach? The fumbelitis is concerning because it appears to be 'in his head'.
I'm not sure Maroney can fix that if it's a mental thing. Does he have a fragile mind as well as a fragile body? BTW I also disagree on your evaluations on most or all of the RBs you have listed. I just don't wish to rehash the same points again.

Here you go.

Reggie Bush - I challenge you to find a SINGLE NFL RB who has had more receptions over the past 4 years. My point still stands - he has been the BEST pass catching RB in the NFL. You may VALUE that pass catching ability as garbage and I disagree, but factually speaking, it was VALUABLE enough to help propel the Saints to an NFL Championship. And PUH-leez, you can hardly use the durability argument against Bush when 'your BOY' the Glassman Maroney has missed way more games to injury in the same timespan.
Reggie Bush NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
I'll have a guess at Gore, Jones-Drew, Westbrook or Steven Jackson. And they are all up around him, I am sure of that without bothering to check, and they are hugely productive rushers also.
And thats only going with guys over the same time period, I mean if you include Chris Johnson, Kevin Smith and Ray Rice will have similar numbers after four years but of course I'd expect them to have serious rushing yardage also.

Bush has been on the slide since his first year, it was clear then than he would never be an NFL quality rusher but the Saints tried to utilise him as best they could, after all they had to get something for the ridiculous money he is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes