Welcome to PatsFans.com

Citizens lay down law on U.S. debt

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 7, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

FINALLY!!! We have citizens taking action in an area where our politicians are afraid to go.....FEDERAL DEFICIT

Although I don't agree with all their proposals, I respect and appreciate the work they are doing.

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- When it comes to managing the country's purse strings, Washington gets a failing grade from several groups of citizens and experts across the country.

Those groups, part of the Concord Coalition's Fiscal Stewardship Project, went to Capitol Hill on Monday to deliver a report to their lawmakers detailing their suggestions for how best to address the long-term fiscal storm facing the United States if lawmakers do nothing.

The Concord Coalition is a nonpartisan group, founded in 1992, that focuses on educating the public about the federal deficit. Its director, Robert Bixby, was featured in the 2008 movie "I.O.U.S.A."

Citizens lay down law on U.S. debt - Dec. 7, 2009

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

It makes no difference, Congress isn't listening. The stupid healthcare plans are also unpopular but they're going to pass some version of them anyway. Sorry, but your opinion doesn't matter and neither does mine.

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Interesting group - although it was founded not by citizens but by politicians and it's not really "FINALLY" as in "what took you so long" since they've been around preaching the same stuff for 17 years now.

The Concord Coalition is a nationwide, non-partisan, grassroots organization advocating generationally responsible fiscal policy. The Concord Coalition was founded in 1992 by the late former Senator Paul Tsongas (D-Mass.), former Senator Warren Rudman (R-N.H.), and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Peter Peterson. Former Senator Bob Kerrey (D-Ne.) was named a co-chair of the Concord Coalition in January 2002.

4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Is it your life purpose to "attempt" to correct people? So what was it that comments contributed here?

I hope you're flying high, happy and lovin' life like me!

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

better 30 years late than never....

I'm sure all these people were itching to get out and protest deficit spending and the ills of supply side economics for YEARS....I'm sure all of these people were elated that Clinton had a budget surplus, and supported an effort to curb mutiple tax cuts during multiple wars. Bandwagon jumping hypocrites. I wonder what happened in 1992, and in 2008 to make these "NON PARTISAN" people get all up in a bunch????

insert eyeroll emotocon, or some other thing to show my sarcasm....