Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by in 12 we trust, Dec 26, 2005.
if cincy/pats tie, who gets the 3rd seed ??
Pats as we have a better record in the conference
patriots win tie breaker with Bengals
if the Patriots and Bengals would tie at the end of season the Patriots would win the 3rd seed based upon head to head competition with of min of 4 games played
who do you want jacksonville or pittsburgh in the first round ?
I'm not sure it matters. Both have physical defenses... Pitt's offense is better, but I think it's a coin toss.
I would rather play pitt for the simple fact that we have played them already this year (and twice last year)! We all know BB's record when facing a team for the second time in a season. In addition, it would be nice to play pitt in foxboro for once---the last 3 times have been at "mama ketchep" field!
No. Head to head is games played against each other. Pats and Cinci didn't paly each other.
Youk may be thinking of best record among common opponents but that is not the second tie breaker. Best conference record is:
TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.
Here are the official tie-breakers for all scenarios, including droaft pick order:
Actually Cincy would not have to win both games. What would be necessary is that thge winner of the Cinci-6th seed game beat teh Colts.
However, we could get a home field for the AFCCG whether we are 3rd or 4th seed. You describe the way as 3rd seed. (Pats beat Jax, then beats Denver in Denver whild winner of Cinci/Pitt beats Indy in Indy).
If we are 4th seed, and we win and Steelers beat 3rd seed Bengals, then we go to Denver and Steelers go to Indy and beat the Colts. AFCCG (Pats-Steelers) in Foxboro.
Unlike the NFC.
The only team I don't want to play is Denver in Denver. Other than that, I don't care who we play or where we play them. We will beat any of them.
Separate names with a comma.